Upcoming trip

anita46

DIS Veteran
Hi Barry,Molokai,Jessica,Earl,Lindali,Zera, etal
I've been reading your dialogues for months now and have been using you all as my Professors of IOA/US/WDW (my first anagram). Thank you all so much for sharing your insights.

Now for my questions. My family will arrive in US/PBH on Feb 25th (to celebrate my parents 50th) This is a Sunday. I understand that the Madri Gras Parade begins at 8:00pm? Is it still accurate that a queu line begins at the Wild West show, if you wish to ride on the float?
Second question, we are early risers that said what is the best time to enter US/IOF. Will all rides be open then? Third question, we are staying at the PBH (4 rooms deluxes & kidsuite)any suggestions during check-in ie, room location, type, etc.

Thank you so much. Love to watch you all chat.
Anita36

Hi Anita,

Lucky you! Hope you have a great trip. In regards to room location, I think all the deluxe rooms are in the West Wing, so you should be all set. The west wing is closest to the boat launch and main/villa pools. We too are early risers and are usually at the parks when they open. Some Shows don't start till 11am or later. But you'll have plenty to do until then. When we were there a few weeks ago, some things also didn't open till a little later (Bilge Barge Rats/Triceratop Encounter)) but I don't know if that is the case everyday. Have a great time!

Thanks Lindai,
Apologies for the misspelling of your name. And yes, all 15 of us are very excited about this trip. We will be two days at PBH and five days at the Yacht Club at WDW.
Thanks again.

Anita, you are a woman after my own heart. We also did PBH (3 nights) then over to the Yacht Club (4 nights). Both are wonderful resorts!

This is getting me excited. I also have nights at the Portofino Bay followed by the Yacht Club. Maybe smart minds, think a like. :) But my problem is that I don't go till July, please post about your trips it will make mine seem closer! Have a great time!

Hi Anita,

Welcome to the Universal Boards :D I'm glad you have started posting and not just reading anymore. Nice to have you here. I will answer the questions I know.

Now for my questions. My family will arrive in US/PBH on Feb 25th (to celebrate my parents 50th) This is a Sunday. I understand that the Madri Gras Parade begins at 8:00pm? Is it still accurate that a queu line begins at the Wild West show, if you wish to ride on the float?

What a wonderful way to celebrate a 50th anniversary! Congratulations to them. The mardi gras parade starts at 8P with the concert following after. I am unsure about the queue line.But ask at Portofino when you check in about vouchers.

Second question, we are early risers that said what is the best time to enter US/IOF.

On Sunday and Thursday at Universal onsite guests can get into the park an hour early as of now that would be 8A. On Monday and Wednesday early entry for IOA.

Will all rides be open then?
I'm not sure if this changes but when we were there in December this is what was open at 8A. Universal: Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera, M.I.B, Back to the Future and E.T. At IOA: Caro-Seuss-el, The Cat in the Hat, Spiderman and Storm Force Accelatron.

Third question, we are staying at the PBH (4 rooms deluxes & kidsuite)any suggestions during check-in ie, room location, type, etc.

The hotel has 3 main sections, the west wing, the east wing and the villa guest wing. The room we had was located in the Villa Guest wing ground level and had a patio that overlooked the Villa Pool. I would imagine however that being you have multiple rooms booked for your party they would try and keep you as close together as possible and I doubt there are any kids suites on ground level. My guess is that you will be in the west wing. Many posters seem to prefer it also. You are going to LOVE the beds!! The rooms really are spacious and beautiful no matter where they are located. Have you joined the Loew's first program?
Hope this helps you some. Your trip is right around the corner! Have a great time

:D

jessica5.gif

Thanks for the info!

Lindai,
You told me just what I wanted to hear. Both hotels sound perfect.

Heidimn,
You and me both, things are moving so fast now. I will certainly try to write about the trip but I imagine it will be days after. Withdrawal and all.

JessicaR,
Wow, thanks for your insights. I'm still waiting for the Loews card. However I plan to follow your advise posted on another reply.
Thanks to all again. undefined

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!