• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upcharge Express Transportation

Say you start at AKP and from there you take an express bus to MK. MK has EMHs in the evening that day and you stay thru those. Is the express bus still running at the end of EMHs or is there a cut-off time? If the express buses run until park closings, where are they taking people at that time? :confused:

TC :cool1:

Say you start at AKP and from there you take an express bus to MK. MK has EMHs in the evening that day and you stay thru those. Is the express bus still running at the end of EMHs or is there a cut-off time? If the express buses run until park closings, where are they taking people at that time? :confused:

It is meant for park to park hopping. If there are no parks open to hop to there will be no shuttle running. You then turn to the regular transportation.

Im seeing on the WDWMagic boards that Dinsey will start letting guests with park hoppers pay $15/guest for single day tickets and $24/guest for multi-day tickets to add express bus transport that will take them park to park via backstage entrances. @rteetz you got any news on this? I'm hoping this is flat out wrong info.
Not bad! I would add it!

We just returned from an 8 day trip to WDW. We purchased the 7 day express transportation from park to park for $24. We used the pass total of 4 times, once per day on 4 of the 7 days that we had the pass. We though that it was a great service and were extremely happy. I would like to see 2 changes to the system.
1. I would like a printed copy of times for the buses from each park to the other three. Trying to keep the four schedules straight in your head is doable, but more effort than just being able to check. The MK had the easiest to remember because the buses were in alphabetical order: animal kingdom at noon and 30, Epcot at 10 and 40, Hollywood studios at 20 and 50..
2. I wish that they would offer the use of the pass for 7 days over a 10 day or 2 week period OR offer a pass that would cover a longer trip such as a 10 day pass. We didn't use it every day, but we did want to use it on both the first and last day of our visit. We could buy the $15 one day, but that seemed like too much for us for one bus ride ($30 for the two of us) so we didn't bother with the last day.

FWIW:
Although the express pass was a great convenience, I wouldn't pay much more for it than they are currently charging. We will only use it on average less than once per day, so the $6.00 each (what we paid per bus trip this time) seems sufficient for the extra convenience. Much more than that we would simply use the free regular bus system.

Just our 2 cents..

I'm going to get it in June. Be staying at animal kingdom. But in September I probably won't get it as I will be staying at bwv and probably wouldn't use it too much. In December I'm staying at ssr which would be a good place to have it. Have to see how it goes in June

Ive used it twice:

December: Animal Kingdom to Epcot, Epcot to Hollywood Studios It worked perfectly our timing was spot on AK to Epcot, we had time for lunch at the QS right
there at the bus stop - Epcot to Hollywood Studios - we arrived just in time for the bus and in 10 mins we were strolling down Hollywood Boulevard.

January: Day 1: Epcot to Hollywood Studios (arrived to find 5 characters waiting to give autographs and take photos, very private just inside the entrance)back to
Epcot for extra Magic hours.
Day 2: Magic Kingdom to Animal Kingdom back to Magic Kingdom for extra Magic Hours.
We ran into very nice very friendly Pin Traders on two of the trips and the kids 13 and 14 couldn't have been happier.

5 Stars from us on the Express Bus.

I'm going to get it in June. Be staying at animal kingdom. But in September I probably won't get it as I will be staying at bwv and probably wouldn't use it too much. In December I'm staying at ssr which would be a good place to have it. Have to see how it goes in June
It only goes from park to park, not to resorts, it really doesn't matter where your staying. (Even if your staying at SSR and want to go from Epcot to DHS, it would change the decision if you were staying at BWV)

It only goes from park to park, not to resorts, it really doesn't matter where your staying. (Even if your staying at SSR and want to go from Epcot to DHS, it would change the decision if you were staying at BWV)

Yes I know it only goes from park to park. Yes it does matter where you stay at. Well at least for me. If staying at bwv. If I was at dhs or Epcot I would stop at my room first before going to a new park. Or if I was going to dhs or Epcot I will stop at my room first before heading to a new park.
The only thing that will be nice iif at magic kingdom and you want to go to animal kingdom or vise versa.

I used this in January on two days of a 2.5 day trip - got to do three "shifts" of park on the two long days. Thought it was definitely worth the money. I really enjoyed only having to go through security first thing in the morning, and loved seeing a little bit of backstage.

As a family that park-hops multiple times a day, I can't wait to take advantage of this service when we go back in the fall. Seems perfect for us.

Love the feedback from those who have used it.

New pricing in effect as of yesterday, maybe it was Tuesday 02/21, but it's $4 more for either option.

Quick question...Can we show up until the time the bus is supposed to leave, or do we have to show up 5 minutes early in order to get on the bus?

Ok...so my wife went ahead and bought this while I was in the bathroom...so I didn't have much choice...but here's what I thought:

1. The best part is getting dumped at a different point (Epcot the least useful of those)
2. Service areas are always neat to go through
3. While convenient...I hate that they run on a set schedule. There should be more buses run so the loops are tighter.
4. Not a terrible upsell as far as those go...but we'll see what they do on pricing.
5. They need to do springs...where the transportation sucks more than ever...I understand why they don't...but still.

Ok...so my wife went ahead and bought this while I was in the bathroom...so I didn't have much choice...but here's what I thought:

1. The best part is getting dumped at a different point (Epcot the least useful of those)
2. Service areas are always neat to go through
3. While convenient...I hate that they run on a set schedule. There should be more buses run so the loops are tighter.
4. Not a terrible upsell as far as those go...but we'll see what they do on pricing.
5. They need to do springs...where the transportation sucks more than ever...I understand why they don't...but still.

It'll cost you $4 more per person next time.

That'll teach you to go to the bathroom and leave her unattended.

Quick question...Can we show up until the time the bus is supposed to leave, or do we have to show up 5 minutes early in order to get on the bus?
While you don't have to be there 5 min early you do need 2, 3 min to walk back and get on the bus. They leave at the posted time, on the dot. Not a minute or two later, which is why you can't show up at the exact departure time. AK's walk is the longest and you'll want to be there earlier than the others so I would say 5 min early there for sure.

Ok so let me see if I'm reading this right. It says if you buy the 7 day express it begins the day of purchase. So you wont buy this ahead of time right, but wait until your ready to enter the parks?

Ok so let me see if I'm reading this right. It says if you buy the 7 day express it begins the day of purchase. So you wont buy this ahead of time right, but wait until your ready to enter the parks?
Yes you can't really buy it ahead of time anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter