Unsolicited Fiasco Props Thread

The older show seemed to have longer episodes, more in-depth topics with different guests (outside the sponsors), but Pete was also learning about DVC too and that's why those shows are so good. He asked a lot of questions early on about banking, borrowing, use year, walking reservations, etc. that added to the conversation. The 7 and 7 and Pros & Cons series were good too.

I think the DVC show suffers because they film so many episodes ahead of time
and it's become formulaic. By the time they get to the news like Poly tower, I've already read everything imaginable about it from lots of different sources.

At least The DVC Show is accurate. I recently watched another network/channel's special DVC roundtable episode. They completely botched their explanation of right of refusal and resale. I normally enjoy their weekly show, but I had to turn it off because of one of the host's complete lack of understanding of DVC and she was a member!
I agree with your statements (bolded)- it was essentially what I was thinking as well. I was greatly influenced (good or bad) to become a DVC Owner based on these shows, so it would be great to see some of that harder-hitting detail make its way back around. It wouldn't be hard to bring back some of the older topics (updated), as well as perhaps a multi-part series approach to complex mechanics of the program.

I do see Paul is trying to do a short sound-byte series, but not sure where that fits in to be honest.
Will wait and see.

Another Dis staff member who has Unceremoniously Left. While it's not our business why, I hope it's acknowledged on the next Unplugged and that he left on good terms. Corey really got better at pronunciation of various foods.

Another Dis staff member who has Unceremoniously Left. While it's not our business why, I hope it's acknowledged on the next Unplugged and that he left on good terms. Corey really got better at pronunciation of various foods.

I do not think the parting was on good terms and I doubt you will hear mention of Fiasco again.

Oh no! Do we know what he'll be doing? I always enjoyed Fiasco. I hope they announce this somewhere besides on the solo show.

He is going back to doing Pin and Candle reviews on his own channel. Hopefully he’ll give us an occasional review of a restaurant that he hasn’t eaten at yet.

There is plenty he (or he and Haley) could do on his channel beyond pins, but he needs to get it rolling sooner vs later and keep content consistent. The most successful - Trackers, PMM, Pallo, JoJo, etc have a steady stream of content. He seems like a good kid and I'd just like to see him not waste an opportunity, and be successful.

Tbh, I’m not sad that he is leaving (though I wish him well). I only listen to the audio podcast and his dining reviews basically consisted of…”this is good. I like this.” or “This isn’t great. Won’t get it again.” He never really described the dishes or explained why he liked/didn’t like something. It kind of seemed like a waste to even have him do a dining review.
The strong, and often-stated dislike for cheese made him an odd candidate for restaurant reviews though.

Last edited:
There is plenty he (or he and Haley) could do on his channel beyond pins, but he needs to get it rolling sooner vs later and keep content consistent. The most successful - Trackers, PMM, Pallo, JoJo, etc have a steady stream of content. He seems like a good kid and I'd just like to see him not waste an opportunity, and be successful.

The Slackers are beyond awful.

They have yet to update their channel logo, or their main description where they say they upload "new videos" everyday.

While I do hope Fiasco is doing okay health wise, I wish him the best.

I also don't understand this whole DIS thing where they cut loose people without any explanation. It's really starting to look bad for them. Especially how much they "strive to be transparent with the listeners".

At any rate, I hope everyone ends up happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter