Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

pluto: Still catching up on posts....

Oreo had a restless night...nervous from the earthquake and t-storms that afternoon. She and I felt the coach shake and heard rattling of her kennel, glassware, crystalware, and the doors/windows...not bad for us. The dog would not sit long yesterday in our favorite spot on the loveseat or kennel. until like 3 am. Our friend in Sparta said that he was fine (runs a farm and maybe still doing tech stuff).

Oreo had a good trip to the vet today...she is at her highest weight at 40 lbs....must be muscle weight with her lean body. She had a long nap when she got home. DH drove to our old house after dropping the dog off in the morning and the new owners kept the yard basically the same. We had some pecan trees that should be producing for them by now.

We are close to figure out where we might move to soon...dh has to finish his latest certificate/test which will open some doors quickly for him.

Someone's "like" drew my attention to this post again. I have to say my thoughts on this have recently changed.

Thanks to the hurricane last week, we lost power for a couple of days and ended up staying at a local hotel for a night. It was very nice to be away from home for the first time since February. We ordered take out and all sat around the little table and had dinner together. We all took showers and relaxed for the evening. Did stuff online. Watched a little TV. Just chilled for a while. They had grab and go breakfast in the morning so we took it back to the room and had juice, cereal, yogurt, and a muffin before I had to head off to work. It actually turned out to be a nice little getaway.

I told my wife that we should plan to do that again sometime soon. Just one or two nights is fine. No need to go far or plan any activities. Just the time away was enjoyable.
We did not lose power, but we could hear the difference in sounds/winds/rains before it hit Southport area (over 2 hours away) and when it was go up its path. I was worried about tornadoes so I stay where we had the tv so I could hear storm warnings (apartment has many big trees real close).

Please keep @Merry Mousketeer (Michael Bowling) in your thoughts, and prayers, if you pray. He put on his FB page the other day, on his birthday, he had a quiet day, spent in the company of his daughter, because he's recovering from another surgery. :(

As always - gentle, socially distanced hugs, and healing light being sent your way from here, Michael!!

Keeping Michael, @Merry Mousketeer ,and also his family/friends in our prayers for better days ahead.

He should get a Happy Un-Birthday celebration when he is feeling more up to it. :cake:

sending supportive vibes to Michael Bowling! :flower:

Also I'll be missing my chatterati peeps tomorrow due to back to back meetings. Alas, next time! :cutie:

I hope any of our DIS family, or your friends and family, who might be impacted by either of the tropical storms, will be safe, and not experience any flooding, power loss, or major damage of any kind. Having just been trough some power/cable loss, and having to clean up tree debris with Isais, I was reminded how awful it is. Be safe, I'll be thinking abut you!

Last edited:
Someone's "like" drew my attention to this post again. I have to say my thoughts on this have recently changed.

Thanks to the hurricane last week, we lost power for a couple of days and ended up staying at a local hotel for a night. It was very nice to be away from home for the first time since February. We ordered take out and all sat around the little table and had dinner together. We all took showers and relaxed for the evening. Did stuff online. Watched a little TV. Just chilled for a while. They had grab and go breakfast in the morning so we took it back to the room and had juice, cereal, yogurt, and a muffin before I had to head off to work. It actually turned out to be a nice little getaway.

I told my wife that we should plan to do that again sometime soon. Just one or two nights is fine. No need to go far or plan any activities. Just the time away was enjoyable.

I honestly am thinking about doing that exact same thing myself in my local town in the UK. I can get a room at a nearby hotel (we have so many round here as I'm right next to an airport) for a really decent rate last minute so even just one night away will feel like a little vacation. Hell, having 2 meals in a row I didn't make myself will feel like a vacation!

Hope everyone is staying safe, calm and collected xxx

Decided to punt on our March 2021 cruise to late December 2021 into January 2022. I just don't see the cruise experience being enjoyable for at least another year.

Decided to punt on our March 2021 cruise to late December 2021 into January 2022. I just don't see the cruise experience being enjoyable for at least another year.
Carnival just announced Princess world cruises are cancelled well into early 2021. I didn't hear the details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter