Unloading at AKL?

callahanjulie10

DIS Veteran
Here is the plan:

We will arrive at AKL in the early am on the Friday after Thanksgiving. We will be bringing our rolling collaspable cooler (that kinda looks like a piece of luggage) and a small microwave along with our luggage. Does AKL have an area to unload or do we have to park and then lug everything to the resort? Also do they have an area where it is safe to park the baggage while we hop a bus and go to the world since check in is later that day?

This is our first experience at a deluxe and it is part of a Christmas surprise for my DD who is 11. I want everything to go as smoothly as possible.

22 days and counting!!!

I don't know about the unloading area..I've never been to AKL (but will be on New Years Day), but all the resorts will store your luggage until check in time if your room is not ready. Go the the desk and check in (you may get lucky and be able to go on to your room) If your room is not ready, just let bell services hold the luggage...they will give you a receipt for the number of pieces...and then they will bring your stuff to your room when you get back from the parks.

Just drive up to the main entrance. Bell services there will take everything you want to storage and deliver it to your room after you get into it.

Originally posted by callahanjulie10
We will be bringing ... a small microwave
Make sure to call and ask the AKL (not CRO) if it is okay for you to bring the microwave, I would hate for you to lug it all the way their and not be allowed to use it.

(officially Disney does not allow guests to bring their own "appliances" but if the resorts allow them, you can rent them for a "small fee.")

You'll want to pull up to the valet area for help with all that stuff. The self parking at AKL is quite a hike. You would be dragging your things up a hill from the parking lot to the front door.:(
If you want to drive by to scope it out first, just cruise through the valet area, down the ramp to self park and back around up to the entrance again. I have done self park & dragged just a small rolling case up the hill & decided life's too short to save the few bucks.;)

All of disney hotels have the bell hops there when you unload to help. Then they will put your lugguage in storge till your room is ready. Have a great time
:p :bounce: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :wave:
MickeyMinnie.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter