• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal's Holiday Tour

This is what they sent me on Monday. Our tour is November 22. Per the app the parks close at 9pm and we meet at 5pm. It says 6 hours 🤷🏼‍♀️

I got the same email, with our tour Nov. 28th. The website and the App's Park Hours have not matched up for weeks now - both changing hours for my dates seemingly every time I look at them.
Right now the App shows both parks open 9:00am-7:00pm on Nov. 28th. The website shows US 9am-9pm, IOA 9am-10pm.
The tour description on the website when I booked said it would be a 5-hour tour, but now doesn't mention a time frame at all. The email confirmation says it's a 6-hour tour, starting at 5:00pm. That's clearly not possible with parks closing at 7pm - LOL.
I'm going to assume that park hours for both of our dates will be extended to 10pm close? Even then, the time frame for the tour is questionable....

Can anyone confirm if this is the case? The tour starts at 5pm so it's not likely we'll have had dinner before then, can we pay for pizza/burgers at Circus McGurkus in addition to the included cookies and cocoa? If not, maybe we'll grab an early bite at the hotel before heading over.
Last year this was not an option as the whole restaurant was shut down and it was just a cookie/ hot chocolate station available. This year with the tour starting at 5pm we have a 3:30pm reservation at toothsome to pregame

I got the same email, with our tour Nov. 28th. The website and the App's Park Hours have not matched up for weeks now - both changing hours for my dates seemingly every time I look at them.
Right now the App shows both parks open 9:00am-7:00pm on Nov. 28th. The website shows US 9am-9pm, IOA 9am-10pm.
The tour description on the website when I booked said it would be a 5-hour tour, but now doesn't mention a time frame at all. The email confirmation says it's a 6-hour tour, starting at 5:00pm. That's clearly not possible with parks closing at 7pm - LOL.
I'm going to assume that park hours for both of our dates will be extended to 10pm close? Even then, the time frame for the tour is questionable....

Could it be that you will be there after closing for the light show at Hogwarts castle and maybe some of the other things? Just a thought I had. :santa:

I'm confused......(new to Universal so, not sure how it all works). But, are there different time lengths? I booked for Nov 21st & my email says 5 hours.

Does anyone know where this meets? I only received an email with the tickets. Nothing says where to meet. I have Sunday, the first night. Thanjs

Does anyone know where this meets? I only received an email with the tickets. Nothing says where to meet. I have Sunday, the first night. Thanjs

This is from my email confirmation:

"Tour Check-in –
Upon arrival at Universal CityWalk™, enter the turnstiles for Universal Studios Florida™. Once inside the park, please check-in at the designated VIP Holiday Tour Parade Viewing Area located by the Music Plaza Stage (in front of Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit) at the time stated on your tour ticket/email confirmation.

So I just spoke with Universal VIP tours. They said at your tour time which should be 5pm meet in front of the music stage between minions and the Jimmy Fallon ride. They'll check everyone in and assign a tour guide. The tour is between 5.5 and 6 hours long. After check in we'll view the parade from the meet up area. After the parade we'll go see grinchmas and do the Q&A with the Who's, and meet the grinch at Circus Mcgurcus where there will be cookies and cocoa. There is no actual food during the entire tour so eat dinner beforehand. They said they are working on incorporating food options but it's not available at this time. We will also have meet and greet and pictures with Santa. Then the tour will go to hogsmeade after the park closes where tours groups will have exclusive access to the area where we can shop the stores including get wands and candy and Butterbeer. Then we will watch the light show at hogwarts. It seems they'll be rotating areas so not all the groups will be doing the same activities at once.

Did it last night in the first night. Checked in at ~5pm behind the food stand in front of the stage near Fallon in Studios. Parade was first. If you want a front row “seat”, you will need to check in early. They weren’t checking in people right before 4pm, so I don’t know when they started. We could see the floats and balloons fine from the back of the crowd but couldn’t see the street performers.

We then did the Grinchmas show. Reserved seating toward the front half. It’s in the Blue Man Group theater. It was good. We have seen it before.

After the show, we moved to the very front seats. When we had arrived, they had given us a paper for our questions. Betty and Lou Who, Martha May, and her assistant, Carson, sat on stage and answered the questions asked by the show narrator. Martha May is played by Mike Aiello’s wife. He’s head of Universal Creative for Orlando, I think. The Q&A was hilarious and completely improvised.

Next was about an hour to meet the Grinch and have iced sugar cookies and coco at Circus Mcgirkus They had candy cane bits, marshmallows, chocolate shavings, cinnamon syrup, and peppermint syrup. It was a large coco. You could get as much as you wanted. The Grinch walked around tables. This ended at ~9pm.

Then we walked back to Studios to take pics in the closed park in front of the big Xmas tree. We waited in the Fallon VIP balcony for Santa to be ready for our group. We got a printed photo and the snowflake ornament from the tree hunt. They give you the tree hunt nap, but the ornament has been redeemed,

Next we went to Hogsmeade. Park was closed. Honeyduke’s, Borgin & Burkes, and Hogs Head we’re open for shopping. Then we finally watched the Xmas castle projection show. They walked us out of Islands sometime after 11pm but before 11:30.

YMMV. Every night could be different, especially since this was the first. There is a decent amount of walking but mostly backstage. There is no real food available except sugar. I suggest getting quick service and eating it in the parade viewing area. Some people rode rides during the Grinch time. Most food places were closed by then, so you couldn’t even buy food.

We had a good time: I know it saved us some time in line, but you could still do all of these on your own. The coolest part was being in the closed park, especially Hogsmeade. I am currently on vacation, but I will try to answer questions.

We went on Monday night. I didnt read well, and so we were waiting by the VIP place with several other families. Finally I saw one of the VIP guides and asked them, and they told us to go over to the plaza area by the tree. We got there right at 5, and it was fairly crowded. They had food available for purchase in the tour reserved area, but nothing really good for small kids (chicken tenders, burgers, etc.)

As you check in, they take you to your guide, who tells you where to meet him after the parade. He/she will give you papers for questions for the Whos.

Honestly, the parade viewing in the non-tour part looked less crowded. The kids wrote questions for the who's while we waited for the parade to start. A word of advice: the questions are answered "in character", so dont ask them about the production and behind the scenes efforts making the show - ask them about life as a Who.

Anyway, parade was fine. My kids got up to the front - and since they are little, I just wanted them to see, but several parents had to put their youngsters on their shoulders to see. After the parade, we met up with our guide in the designated spot. Our group had 11 people, but most of them were with us.

After this, we went to the Whoville Stage Performance thing. It was good. The seats were not close, though. But it was nice not having to wait in line at all. The show was good.

After this, our group was supposed to meet Santa, but he wasnt ready (I guess he was still prepping from the parade?), so our guide - who was great, BTW - took us to the tree plaza area. Thankfully for us, the park was still open, so we snagged the kids pizza. We even got to hear the story about the squirrel in the tree, and we were shown the secret squirrel ornament.

So we went up on the balcony, and then meet Santa, got our snowflake ornament, printed out picture. No lines there. We got a little backstage tour/info which was very interesting.

After this, we were supposed to meet the Grinch. We were early, so we got a guided tour of Suess's Landing. Finally, our time came and we went to Circus McGurkus and got our hot chocolate and cookies and went to sit, and this is where it got not fun.

The Grinch was making the rounds, but somehow, our ENTIRE tour group got skipped. Every time he came near, these other kids would run up from their tables and interact with him. He would "get angry" and storm off for 10 minutes at a time, before reentering the restaurant. After we had been there about 30-40 minutes, I went to our guide, who suggested just having the kids find the Grinch and be more proactive with it. Well, before he came back in the room from a break, his handler came up to me and requested that we sit at our table, and assured me that the Grinch would make his was to us. He never did, even though I pointed out our seats to her. My wife got so angry that she went outside and was pacing around, as the biggest reason we did this tour was to get a photo with the Grinch.

Apparently, another group also had a lady who was throwing down - as the Grinch never came to them, and she was raising a stink with the door keeper, and he had some strings pulled to get her back inside to meet him. Our time came to leave for the Who Q&A, and our guide offered me a choice of staying to try and meet the Grinch (and thus skipping the Q&A) or else missing the Grinch (again, one of my main reasons for taking the tour). My kids indicated they would rather move on, so we went to the Who Q&A. I let our guide know how extremely unsatisfied with the situation I was.

The Q&A was funny. It was most definitely improvised. I figured it was scripted and the questions were all planted, but two of my kids had their questions answered, so I can assure you they do pick from them. It was funny, but ran a tad long for my taste (it was getting late and I was turning into a pumpkin).

From here, it was off to Hogsmeade. I did not realize it, but the stores there stayed open for the tour groups, and we had our run of the place for a good 30 minutes before the projection show. Hog's Head was open too, so we got to sip on warm Butterbeer while we watched the show. The projection show was cool.

While we were roaming around the area, our guide pointed me to his supervisor, and encouraged me to let him know what happened with the Grinch. I did, and I wont get into specifics, but they made a more than fair accommodation for me. I didnt get the kids photo with the Grinch, but I left disappointed, but not upset anymore.

The show was awesome. The tour was great. Our guide was great. Get there a bit early for the parade. Hopefully, they work out the logistics with the Grinch to ensure he gets to all the tables (or else have you stand in line to meet him like Santa?). I will give them some grace, since it was only the 2nd night, I believe. But I would recommend it, and I would definitely do it again.

Thank-you Captain Morgan for taking the time to share your family's experience. Sorry your wife was disappointed with what happened at Circus McGurkus. I would feel the same way if I had high hopes for my kids to have time with a special character and you go to the expense to book the tour.

Yeah, after reading the reviews and seeing what all you get, the only reason for us to consider it would be for my mom to meet the grinch(she's a little obsessed). So if we got in there and she didn't get to do that, I'd be pretty upset. I guess its fortunate that it's not available the week we are there. Don't have to make the decision.

Just got home from Orlando. We did the tour the 1st night......were in the 1st Q&A, sounds like the same time as Soniam. It was fun but, yes very unorganized. The worst was waiting on Santa. I think we waited 45 min, just sitting/standing out on the balcony.
When we 1st got to see the Grinch, he was in the middle section taking pictures. Then they realized his line was mixing with cookie line so, they moved him over (closer to the door) but, the lighting was terrible so our picture wasn't good. I ended up following him around until we could get a selfie (which was better). **I will add, the next day, we went to his photo place & had a better interaction with him.
I was more disappointed with the parade viewing location. That was not special to me. We ended up seeing it better the next day & finding our own place to watch.

Cons: unorganized, timing was not smooth, too much wasted time.
Pros: great Santa, Grinchmas was really good/the Q&A was really cute (but, was too long).

Just got home from Orlando. We did the tour the 1st night......were in the 1st Q&A, sounds like the same time as Soniam. It was fun but, yes very unorganized. The worst was waiting on Santa. I think we waited 45 min, just sitting/standing out on the balcony.
When we 1st got to see the Grinch, he was in the middle section taking pictures. Then they realized his line was mixing with cookie line so, they moved him over (closer to the door) but, the lighting was terrible so our picture wasn't good. I ended up following him around until we could get a selfie (which was better). **I will add, the next day, we went to his photo place & had a better interaction with him.
I was more disappointed with the parade viewing location. That was not special to me. We ended up seeing it better the next day & finding our own place to watch.

Cons: unorganized, timing was not smooth, too much wasted time.
Pros: great Santa, Grinchmas was really good/the Q&A was really cute (but, was too long).

Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience. Really appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter