Universal's Holiday Tour

Ariel620

DIS Veteran
I see the announcement that universal's holiday tour is returning this year, but I can't find a link to book it, it looks awesome. Has anyone figured out how to book it?

What is it?

It looks pretty awesome.

$69 per person for a 5 hour tour of the holiday things at both Universal parks, including getting to stay in the parks after close 5-10pm:

• Grinch meet-and-greet
  • Cookie and hot cocoa bar in Circus McGurkus
  • Reserved viewing for Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s
  • Reserved seating for Grinchmas show
  • Onstage Q&A with the Whos after Grinchmas
  • Santa Claus meet-and-greet including digital photo download
  • After hours viewing of The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle

It looks pretty awesome.

$69 per person for a 5 hour tour of the holiday things at both Universal parks, including getting to stay in the parks after close 5-10pm:

• Grinch meet-and-greet
  • Cookie and hot cocoa bar in Circus McGurkus
  • Reserved viewing for Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s
  • Reserved seating for Grinchmas show
  • Onstage Q&A with the Whos after Grinchmas
  • Santa Claus meet-and-greet including digital photo download
  • After hours viewing of The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle

Is there a link on Universal's website?

I just tried to call Hours 9am- 7pm daily

The VIP Experience and the private VIP seems like it can be booked online but I do not see link for the 5 Hour Holiday Tour $69.

Hi ! It’s 9 am I just called
No dates for me on Thursday Dec 2 because no tours on that date at all
weird
And I had to be placed on waitlist for Sunday Dec 5
Tours start at 5 :00 pm
Annual Passholder discounts too!
She said Dec 12 was available…
Good luck and let us know about your planning !
Thanks

Emily in VIP Tour Experience = Excellence

Thank You Universal Studios Orlando

I love the Grinch more than Mickey

I thought they were excellent when I called as well. We are booked on Sunday 2nd January, it sounds great!

Does anyone know how big the AP discount is? We have purchased APs online but haven't activated them yet (I assume - we haven't used them yet, but this is my first time with an AP at Universal). In another thread, someone said they were told you had to have used your AP before you could get the discount.

Also, on what date do they start holding tours?

Thank you!!!

Awwww, I just tried for Thursday, December 3rd and it is not happening that night. >:(
Frank in VIP Tour Experiences was awesome and extremely helpful, too! He said if there is enough interest, Universal could always add more nights. He stressed that it was only a possibility but encouraged me to watch the website in case they added more dates.

Does anyone know how big the AP discount is? We have purchased APs online but haven't activated them yet (I assume - we haven't used them yet, but this is my first time with an AP at Universal). In another thread, someone said they were told you had to have used your AP before you could get the discount.

Also, on what date do they start holding tours?

Thank you!!!

That was me, check back in that thread, I just posted an update. I called back, booked it at full price, but she put a note in my file that I am due a reimbursement when I call back with my activated AP (the discount must have been around $10 per ticket, but a little more, maybe more like $11 per ticket when I divide my total by my # in my party.

That was me, check back in that thread, I just posted an update. I called back, booked it at full price, but she put a note in my file that I am due a reimbursement when I call back with my activated AP (the discount must have been around $10 per ticket, but a little more, maybe more like $11 per ticket when I divide my total by my # in my party.

Thank you so much - that is really helpful!

Does anyone know the cancellation/refund policy? Our trip is still up in the air at the moment, but this seems like a nice low stress way to enjoy the holiday offerings.

Does anyone know the cancellation/refund policy? Our trip is still up in the air at the moment, but this seems like a nice low stress way to enjoy the holiday offerings.

From my confirmation email:

Changes to your Tour –
If the number in your party should increase, decrease or should you decide to cancel, Universal Orlando Resort must be notified at least 3 days in advance of your tour date.
Please be advised that any changes made to your tour (including change of date, change of starting time, cancellation or increase/decrease in the number of guests) less than 2 days prior to your scheduled tour date cannot be guaranteed and are 100% non-refundable. All tours are non-transferable and non-exchangeable.

Just got the tour booked for Thanksgiving! Excited to be able to do all these things on a very busy day without having to wait a long time for a good spot to watch. Was able to get the passholder discount by reading them the barcode on back of a pass. My only hesitation is its from 5 pm to 10 pm and cookies for dinner will probably be good for the kids but I will probably need something a little more substantial.

I would like to add, what a pleasure it is to call universal to book something. The wait time was approximately 10 seconds! Every time I call Disney for anything, I wait hours! These two calls (one to get info) and then second (to actually book tour) only took minutes! What a nice surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter