Universal to take on Harry Potter

Anyone else agree that this is the BEST thing that has ever happened to Disney?

Now that Universal will be creating this Harry Potter Enviornment, HOPEFULLY, Disney will pour huge amounts of money into Walt Disney World to compete

After Universal opening IOA this is the best thing that could have happened!!Competition is the greatest thing that can happen in Florida theme parks!!

It looks to me that the timing for the opening of the new HP park will likely closely coincide with the last of the HP movies. In which case, the interest for all things HP will not be waning too much. I would imagine that excitement for this project will keep building as the next movie will be released before the final movie and the park's opening.

The bottom line is, I'm sure I'm not the only one already penciling in a Universal visit for 2009-10, while I haven't even thought of whether there is a Disney trip to be had at that point. And that is exactly what Universal needed and did right.

I've never been to Universal, only WDW so I have no standard of comparison. Being a lover of the books, which are so full of imagery and watching the movies, I can clearly see what it SHOULD look like. I think Universal needs to be very mindful of just haw perfect the themeing will have to be to impress people. Many of the attractions at WDW are based on the Imagineers vision of the attraction and people have no preconceived notions of it. I want to visit the new HP park, but if it doesn't meet my expectations I won't go back. I'm sure that was a big part of not letting Disney develop the attraction. I mean, one attraction at WDW versus an entire park with mulitple attractions and merchandiding opportunities? Of course, JK Rowling chose Universal.:confused3

But deep down, I am disappointed. Now I'll have to buy Universal tickets and Disney tickets....

I've never been to Universal, only WDW so I have no standard of comparison. Being a lover of the books, which are so full of imagery and watching the movies, I can clearly see what it SHOULD look like. I think Universal needs to be very mindful of just haw perfect the themeing will have to be to impress people.

Since you've never been, I definitely recommend a trip to Universal, especially IoA. I don't think anyone can deny that the design and themeing of IoA is remarkable. Seuss Landing is amazing, like a Dr. Seuss book come to life, with no straight lines to be seen. Mythos and Posidon's Fury are still striking even though I have seen them a hundred times. Jurrasic Park feels like the park in the movie.

If there's a complaint about Universal, it's that upkeep is sometimes lagging and the parks (particularly IoA) are allowed to stagnate. How HP land will look in 2015 is anyone's guess, but I have no doubt it will be amazing on opening day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter