Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure

irishmurph

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are going to WDW the last week in August. We only have one day to do either of these parks and was wondering if you can offer some advice as to which one? It's just the two of us - no kids. Thanks.

I am moving this post over to our Universal Boards. Please check there for replies.

<font size=4><font color=purple><font face=BrushArt>Carol</font></font></font>
iluvchat.gif

but I am NOT addicted to it...

<font color=FF0066><font face=tahoma>Co-Mod - Theme Park Attractions and Strategies Board</font></font>
<font color=purple><font face=tahoma>Co Mod - Cruise Board</font></font>
<font color=FF0066><font face=tahoma>Co-Mod - DVC Board</font></font>
<font color=purple><font face=tahoma>Cruise & DVC Chat Host

I am moving this post over to our Universal Boards. Please check there for replies.

<font size=4><font color=purple><font face=BrushArt>Carol</font></font></font>
iluvchat.gif

but I am NOT addicted to it...

<font color=FF0066><font face=tahoma>Co-Mod - Theme Park Attractions and Strategies Board</font></font>
<font color=purple><font face=tahoma>Co Mod - Cruise Board</font></font>
<font color=FF0066><font face=tahoma>Co-Mod - DVC Board</font></font>
<font color=purple><font face=tahoma>Cruise & DVC Chat Host

We were just there last week. IOA is more of an amusement park with lots of rides and attractions. Universal is more like a Disney park very similar to MGM.

It really depends on exactly what your intrests are. If you like movies and TV, it's hard to beat Universal. They have numerous rides and behind the scenes type shows. If your into thrills, technology, and theming, IOA is a can't miss. From rollercoasters to water rides, it has everything. You may want to consider buying a two day pass. The unused day never expires and it allows park hopping, so you could check out some of the best attractions at each park in just one day. Ticketmania.com has good prices on 2 and 3 day passes.

Jim

<A HREF="http://uoio.8m.com">Universal Orlando Information Overload</A>- Coming Soon

Why not do both? If you buy a two day pass (the unused days never expire) you can hop between both parks. But, if you really can only do one, it would depend on what type rides you like. USF is where you "ride the movies". They have simulated rides and rides that put you into the movies. No thrill rides. At IoA, the theming is wonderful and they have more thrill rides. They have 2 coasters and two flume rides, a rapids ride, a 3-D ride, etc. For me, I would do IoA if I could only do one. I would suggest you get on universal's web site and read about the rides both parks offer and see which park best fits your liking

Been there, done that, going back!!!

We will look into doing both as you have suggested but if not it does seem like our interests are closer to IOA. We're out to have the time of our lives before we have babies so thrill rides sound great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter