Universal & IoA Orlando - what do I need to know

Ms. Shuttergirl

DIS Veteran
Is Universal Orlando very similar to the one in California? We went to the California one and enjoyed ourselves but not that much that I would want to do the same exact things again. So was thinking that we would just go to IoA and WWoHP for a day.

Any info or opinions on this would be great.

Oh and we are kind of a "fraidy cat" family so the full on rides would not appeal :rotfl2:

There is definately little similarity between Universal Hollywood and IofA, the similar park is Universal Studios Orlando.
IofA was quite disappointing given the hype but this was before Harry took over the back corner (and re-themed two existing rides). It would be worth considering but the one day ticket is VERY expensive relatively speaking as you usually get between 2 to 7 days for the 'one day' price.
Check out their website which is well done and see if the attractions listed there are of interest. Also there is a specific Universal thread on disboards.

Universal Studios in Florida is NOT the same as Universal in LA, but if you have been to Universal LA, you probably don't need a full day at Universal Studios in Orlando, plus it depends on how long ago you did Universal in LA.

I much prefer IoA over Studios, but I'd still recommend getting 2 park access so you could have a quick go through Studios. Then at least you'll be able to make an informed decision the next trip :)

I go to IoA every time I visit Orlando, I've probably only worried about going to Studios one out of 3 visits.

Men In Black is a good fun shoot 'em up (sort of like Buzz LightYear, but not as good as Toy Story Mania (the 3D in that is AMAZING!!!!!!), Jimmy Neutron is very good :). Shrek and The Simpsons are at Universal in LA, so you probably wouldn't need to do them again, unless you want to.
Rip Ride Rockit looks really scary, BUT it's actually not that bad.

Up until last month, I'd have said you could easily do both parks in one day outside school holidays etc if you've been to Universal in LA. Adding Harry Potter to it, I'm not sure if one day will be enough to get through all of IoA! Don't miss Spiderman, it's pretty much like Back to the Future/Simpsons, only better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter