universal/IOA hotels

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
For anyone who books the above do you book direct with universal or through another company - which is cheaper??? :goodvibes

I booked mine direct with Universal. The best thing is if the rate goes lower you can call up and have your rate amended to the lower one :thumbsup2

Which I managed to within about 2 days as the rate went down ;)

Direct with Universal is usually the cheapest unless you see a deal/discount elsewhere.
We have RPR booked at $170(£115) incl tax, with a price error. Could have booked using Annual pass £120 or full rate is £189 to book today.
1st site I just checked to compare was Expedia £184 less cashback or discount so their rate beats direct if paying rack rate.
Main difference is using an agent like Expedia usually means you are tied to that rate or pay their cancellation fees. Direct you can change to a lower rate (AP, AAA etc) without any penalty if more than 5 days from checkin.
You have to look at all options.

RPR is usually the cheapest, although i got PBH cheapest last July.
You just need to keep checking and lookuing for lower rates up until departure from here, as you can always change resort or rate

As Robert says RPR is usually the cheapest, then HRH & PBH most expensive but not always. When we booked for this August there was only $20/night between all 3, didn't like look at all of HRH so choice between other 2, liked look of RPR most so went for that.

As Robert says RPR is usually the cheapest, then HRH & PBH most expensive but not always. When we booked for this August there was only $20/night between all 3, didn't like look at all of HRH so choice between other 2, liked look of RPR most so went for that.

Excellent choice , despite what i have read from some peoples.
Been staying for 5 years at RPR and its our fav resort, staff in every part of the resort cannot do enough for you, liked the PBH but much to quiet for DD as there was not much happening around the pools, good choice IMHO if you do not have kids.

We have been staying on-site at Universal for several years. We switch from a Disney Hotel at the end of the week. We have stayed at both the Royal Pacific & the Hard Rock. We love them both although I think the kids like Hard Rock better for it's awesome pool. We always book through AAA because they offer a good package deal along with some extras every year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter