Universal during Christmastime - tips and must dos?

Monykalyn

DIS Veteran
So I have a question for you guys, since you've been to Universal during the holidays.

I booked Cowfish for 6:30 pm. Do both parks reach capacity at that point where if we were to leave them to have dinner, we would be unable to return to them afterwards?
I don't recall-sorry! We eat beforehand then hit parks after 4 as we had AP's that had the express. We did do the dessert party the first year and it was a great value for the price (precovid). The last couple years have been Thanksgiving week-and will be again this year unless can talk hubs into a December trip too (doubtful lol). Pre covid it was VERY busy that week so it is possible they may hit capacity.

csjordan

Yearning for the Ears
We are considering upgrading our Power Pass to Preferred, and going a couple of days between Christmas and New Year's. Does anyone have any idea if/when passholder hotel rates will be released?

csjordan

Yearning for the Ears
For this year? Come and gone already.
I knew I was late to the party! In general, how far in advance do AP rates get released? I booked AP rate for HHN, for Labor Day weekend, at the end of May. They had just been released, as far as I could tell.

notatallmagic

Mouseketeer
I love this thread! Former Disney AP; now a new Universal AP; this will be our first trip! I don't know if it was a fluke or a mini-miracle - but I just was browsing around on Saturday, and found an AP Universal rate for Cabana Bay! We will be there December 21-24th for our first trip in about ten years.

I love all the advice - we have another trip planned already for five days late February, staying at Royal Pacific, so that trip will be more about rides I think; and this one about Christmas-y stuff and just getting our bearings and maybe enjoying the Cabana Bay pool.

I was super excited for the passholder hotel rate. Basically we have three nights at Cabana Bay for about 60% of what ONE night cost last year at Yacht Club for the same dates. I get it's not an apples to apples comparison, but still!

Susan2771

DIS Veteran
I love this thread! Former Disney AP; now a new Universal AP; this will be our first trip! I don't know if it was a fluke or a mini-miracle - but I just was browsing around on Saturday, and found an AP Universal rate for Cabana Bay! We will be there December 21-24th for our first trip in about ten years.

I love all the advice - we have another trip planned already for five days late February, staying at Royal Pacific, so that trip will be more about rides I think; and this one about Christmas-y stuff and just getting our bearings and maybe enjoying the Cabana Bay pool.

I was super excited for the passholder hotel rate. Basically we have three nights at Cabana Bay for about 60% of what ONE night cost last year at Yacht Club for the same dates. I get it's not an apples to apples comparison, but still!
Enjoy your trip! I'm sure you will enjoy everything the parks have to offer during the Christmas season 🎄

kbelle8995

DIS Veteran
I love Christmas at Universal. So bummed I'm going to miss it this year. Universal does a good job with decorations especially in Suess Landings and New York Street. The opera singers at Portofino. I love it so much