Universal brings back the indoor mask policy

TiggerBouncy

DIS Veteran
Interesting. I wonder what that will mean to all the people refusing to go to Disney because Universal was not requiring masks.

we gonna see a surge at Disney again?

Interesting. I wonder what that will mean to all the people refusing to go to Disney because Universal was not requiring masks.

we gonna see a surge at Disney again?

It doesn’t look that way. Most people on Universal’s FB post are talking about canceling and staying home. I haven’t read any posts yet of people saying, “guess we’ll be going back to Disney.”

but I feel badly for the poor TMs who are going to be dealing with a lot of outraged guests in the coming days.
+1000%. Those poor TMs...too many nasty anti maskers aren't smart enough to understand that TMs don't make the policy. Really wish management would support TM with a zero-tolerance policy: anyone yelling at a TM when asked to mask up or threatening a TM should be barred from the park for life.

Don't like mask rules? Complain to those MAKING the policy...not enforcing it.

I hope they keep the policy in place, but I feel badly for the poor TMs who are going to be dealing with a lot of outraged guests in the coming days. Hopefully they'll have free disposables to give out to people who didn't prepare to bring their own.

We went last spring when masks were 100% required. Every attraction had extra blue surgical masks. It was really helpful when my face got wet on the Jurassic flume, and they gave me a new dry one. I assume they will have something similar in place now. It's so easy for a mask to get dropped or for an elastic to break off a disposable one. They'll get much better compliance if they simply offer a convenient, free replacement.

Wear a disposable or one you don't care about on Hulk. Last year, that was the only ride that tended to blow the mask down consistently, and I would be concerned about it blowing off entirely. RRR & Hagrids were fine.

Not sure about Velocicoaster, I haven't tried a mask on it.

Wear a disposable or one you don't care about on Hulk. Last year, that was the only ride that tended to blow the mask down consistently, and I would be concerned about it blowing off entirely. RRR & Hagrids were fine.

I keep a lanyard attached to my mask that I tighten all the way on rollercoasters, I haven't had any issues with the mask staying on.

I haven't done Hulk with a mask, but I found it helpful to twist the ear loops for roller coasters at CP last year. Didn't budge on anything, including TTD. So that may help some.

Probably. Mine didn't blow down on the Sea World or Busch Gardens coasters either, just Hulk.

We're here now & didn't hear anyone giving any Time a hard time - which they shouldn't - so hopefully most folks are being decent about it. We were disappointed, too, but it is what it is & we're having the BEST time 😊!

Glad you didn’t see theTMs getting hassled. Hopefully everyone was polite to them.

Were most people were wearing their masks? Before they changed the rule I was considering canceling so I’d like to know if they’re actual enforcing the rule for the most part. Thanks!

Are they reducing capacity as well for Bourne Stuntacular like they did when the last mask mandate was n place?

No capacity restrictions that we saw so far - didn't do Bourne but did Horror Show & all seats filled per usual. Same on Hogwarts Express - 8/cabin.

We were in the parks Mon-Wed this week. Was pleasantly surprised at the amount of masks being worn while in lines. Probably between 20-30% in the indoor queues. We wore masks while in all the indoor/covered queues. First time on Velocicoaster, I left the mask on, and it did not move, which surprised me.

Good to hear that no TMs being harassed. Hope it stays that way.

Velocicoaster was amazing and Hagrids was really enjoyable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter