• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal app/tickets?

lorenae

I'm going to Disney World!
Universal is brand new to me. I have two tickets that I bought from a third party site, and will buy an AP directly from Universal. The tickets have barcodes, etc. The Universal site says to pick up the AP upon arrival.
Can I link the tickets to the app, like I do for Disney? And our hotel reservations? The app seems so different and I don’t know where to start!

Someone will come along to answer your questions and guide you

i have a preferred AP and have not had park tickets for eons ago

I don’t use any apps linking

You can link the tickets in the app under "my wallet" but its not necessary. You can just have it on your phone somewhere and sometimes I take a paper copy just in case. Once you enter the park you really don't need it again.
If you have an AP that you'll use for discounts some prefer to put it in a lanyard for ease of access. AP is also linked in the wallet.
It's waaaaaay easier than Disney. You don't need hotel reservations for anything.

You can’t link your hotel (no need) unlike Disney, the on-site hotels are run by Loews not Universal. If you stay at a deluxe hotel and get the free express pass you will need to show (and physically have) your room key.

We don’t have our AP’s linked.

You can’t link your hotel (no need) unlike Disney, the on-site hotels are run by Loews not Universal. If you stay at a deluxe hotel and get the free express pass you will need to show (and physically have) your room key.

We don’t have our AP’s linked.
I realize I'm bumping up an old thread, but I just wanted to confirm this understanding. I logged onto the Universal site, but I don't see my hotel reservation. I looked for ways to link it, but did not find it. I guess it's because it is actually a Loew's hotel. So if I get tickets from Undercover Tourist, does that mean I can't pick them up at the hotel? What about an AP? Seems there should be more "linkage" somehow.

I realize I'm bumping up an old thread, but I just wanted to confirm this understanding. I logged onto the Universal site, but I don't see my hotel reservation. I looked for ways to link it, but did not find it. I guess it's because it is actually a Loew's hotel. So if I get tickets from Undercover Tourist, does that mean I can't pick them up at the hotel? What about an AP? Seems there should be more "linkage" somehow.
How did you reserve your room? Did you get a confirmation email? The email usually has the link to the hotel reservation. You can use it to confirm what you have and/or make changes. You are right that it is a Loews hotel and doesn’t link through the app.

I am not sure about tickets from undercover tourists being picked up at the hotel. I have never bought any but if you could use the barcode at the parks, you might be able to use the barcode at the hotel to pick them up? I know you can pick up your AP there.

I’ve printed tickets from Undercover Tourist and then took that to the hotel’s UO planning desk to have them converted to the credit card sturdy paper ticket, although this is not necessary... just convenient. She was reluctant but did it for us. She said next time, select ‘will call’ and they can apparently do this process easier. So long story short, yes, you can pick up UT tickets at the hotel.

I’ve printed tickets from Undercover Tourist and then took that to the hotel’s UO planning desk to have them converted to the credit card sturdy paper ticket, although this is not necessary... just convenient. She was reluctant but did it for us. She said next time, select ‘will call’ and they can apparently do this process easier. So long story short, yes, you can pick up UT tickets at the hotel.
So, the planning desk in the hotel does have hard plastic tickets? That's part of what I wasn't sure about.

It does make sense that if there is a "will call" option, that would be the one to use for picking up hard tickets.

So, the planning desk in the hotel does have hard plastic tickets? That's part of what I wasn't sure about.

It does make sense that if there is a "will call" option, that would be the one to use for picking up hard tickets.
Well not plastic but sturdy thick paper and sized so it can easily fit into a lanyard badge sleeve if choose to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter