• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal aerial photos updated

MrNonacho

Mouseketeer
The aerial photos of UO that you can view from MapQuest have been updated. The previous photos still had CityWalk and IOA under construction, but these more recent ones were taken sometime between the opening of the HRH and beginning of vertical construction on the Royal Pacific. They pretty much show the parks as they are right now.

Check them out here.

You can click on the image to zoom in closer :cool:.

MrNonacho,

Hey, thanks for the aerial photo of UO. I like these kinds of photos.

IOAfan

Did you see the vacant land in the corner between MIB and Back to the Future at Universal Studios and the two pieces of land on each side of JPRA at IOA?
HAVE FUN

O yeah, that's the first thing I noticed. This could be quite helpful if and when construction begins.

There's also a huge chunk of land behind One Fish Two Fish in the corner. What would be really cool is if they moved the loading platform of that defunct ride to the lost continent side, next to Posiden's Fury, Then build another B&M coaster that starts there, and runs all the way to that front corner with a huge loop visible from City Walk.
I always walk thru Suess Landing thinking of all the wasted space that defunt ride and shops on the north side are taking up. Move them somewhere else, and build another full length B&M like Hulk. Yeah, I know I'm dreaming, but I don't want a compact coaster, I want full length.

Green Water!

Do you see the green water from City Walk to the hotels? Is it artificially colored?!?!?

I remember wondering about this while taking the boat from HRH. The water looked funny. But now that I'm up here looking down from space (and man are my arms tired)...that water is GREEN!

Maybe it's the depth of the water because over at Portofino it is darker.

Do you see that little spot next to the HRH pool....that's me waving... :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter