Understanding MDE/Hotel Reservations

DisneyGuy

DIS Veteran
Question about what I can/can't see in MDE regarding reservations. I have three rooms booked and all three show up when I log into my account on my computer (not the app - that's another story). For a while, I was able to see my brother's balance/reservation but yesterday I sent him an invite so that he has access to our plans/Genie + while we are there and basically just get him set up. After he accepted the invite and created his account, I could no longer see his remaining balance and all I can see now is his hotel reservation - which is fine, and it makes sense since he'll have go in and pay the balance shortly anyway but I guess since it's in his name it somehow transferred to his account? We logged into his account when it happened and it looks right so nothing happened with the reservation.

Now the other thing is my parents also have a room/tickets. My dad shows up under my friends and family list and it says "Plans managed by me" and my mom shows up under people I don't have plans with? How do I fix this? She's included in our park reservations and I can see her hotel reservation and balance. In the end does this even matter? I can always log in and they can pay the balance under my account but I'm trying to understand the way this is set up as I'm the "leader* of this vacation lol. She has MDE but hasn't logged in for a long time - I just don't want to mess up our hotel reservations.

Any thoughts on this and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Did you set up profiles for each of your parents when you made the reservation or did you use profiles on their own MDE accounts?

Did you check your friends and family list and mark that you wanted to share all plans with your mother?

If your mother has her own MDE account and you used that account when making the reservation, then she should log into her MDE account. She may have to accept a request to share plans with you. It is hard to know what needs to be done without more information. :)

You won't mess up the reservation by adjusting who can view and manage plans.

Did you set up profiles for each of your parents when you made the reservation or did you use profiles on their own MDE accounts?

Did you check your friends and family list and mark that you wanted to share all plans with your mother?

If your mother has her own MDE account and you used that account when making the reservation, then she should log into her MDE account. She may have to accept a request to share plans with you. It is hard to know what needs to be done without more information. :)

You won't mess up the reservation by adjusting who can view and manage plans.
First, thanks for replying!

My mom has an account, however, I called to make the reservations - my parents were already in my account from previous trips. It’s always looked this way - my mom is separate but my dads account says it’s managed by me - this was never a problem, really, because I always booked the Fastpass+ in the past and could select for everyone. I did mark that I wanted to share plans with her and aside from her showing as someone I am not planning with, I can see everything about their reservation and their tickets so I’m thinking we should be fine with Genie/ILL.

I think the CM booked the rooms in their name but under my account for the purpose of the discount. I just don’t want any issues booking our rides each morning-I’m responsible for everybody lol.

I did mark that I wanted to share plans with her and aside from her showing as someone I am not planning with, I can see everything about their reservation and their tickets so I’m thinking we should be fine with Genie/ILL.

I think the CM booked the rooms in their name but under my account for the purpose of the discount. I just don’t want any issues booking our rides each morning-I’m responsible for everybody lol.
If you can see her tickets than you will be fine with Genie+. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter