Undercover Tourist.--What's the process for a refund?

Belle5

DIS Veteran
We waited until we were within seven days of the day our tickets were supposed to activate. I asked for a refund from UT for our tickets that were linked to MDE. If you personally have been through this process with them can you tell me what to expect time wise? I sent them our ticket numbers and names via email and they sent me a "request number" and said it is being reviewed by staff. Thanks!

Never mind! Just heard from them and found out it will be six weeks for a 95% refund.

Wow, 6 weeks! I sent back a hard ticket that had not been linked yet 3 weeks ago, still haven't received my refund. I'm getting antsy about that.

I called them last week to start the refund process. Someone answered the phone promptly and walked me through the whole process in a fast and orderly fashion. I got their email with the return mail instructions immediately after the phone call. I was also told that the actual refund would be 6 weeks from the time that they received the returned ticket that I had to mail back.

We waited until we were within seven days of the day our tickets were supposed to activate. I asked for a refund from UT for our tickets that were linked to MDE. If you personally have been through this process with them can you tell me what to expect time wise? I sent them our ticket numbers and names via email and they sent me a "request number" and said it is being reviewed by staff. Thanks!
Since I will be dealing with this shortly, were they e-tickets or hard tickets?

That's what I was told. They also said they'd mail me a check but I only wanted the refund to rebook a package so too the gift card. All that said, this was Sunday, it's now Friday and I've heard nothing from them on the 3 to 5 says quote. Not in a hurry so will wait till next week to follow up.
Since I will be dealing with this shortly, were they e-tickets or hard tickets?
Both...

They weren't saying 6 weeks for refunds when I mailed mine back on April 1. I am very concerned because while I have the post office confirmation they received it 3 weeks ago, I have no confirmation from them that they did indeed track the return. I was just looking at the return email and I can't remember if I signed and dated it. I would really just like to know that they have it and will process the refund eventually. I will give them 3 more weeks before I go to credit card dispute.

They weren't saying 6 weeks for refunds when I mailed mine back on April 1. I am very concerned because while I have the post office confirmation they received it 3 weeks ago, I have no confirmation from them that they did indeed track the return. I was just looking at the return email and I can't remember if I signed and dated it. I would really just like to know that they have it and will process the refund eventually. I will give them 3 more weeks before I go to credit card dispute.
Why don't you just call them and ask? I just called and they were very nice. I was told that the process of refunds will take 4 to 6 weeks because of the number of tickets they are processing.

I mailed my tickets back to them at the end of last month. USPS showed they were received at UT on March 30th. I received my refund email yesterday and my Amex showed the credit today. Yours should hopefully be completed soon as well.

I contacted them at the beginning of April and was told 3 weeks. This past week was 3 weeks and I reached out to them again and was told allow another 2 weeks. I too am getting anxious as I was counting on the money to bridge the gap in May.

Timely post....I emailed them April 2 and they said 2-3 weeks. Haven't heard anything since then. I emailed again yesterday.

Timely post....I emailed them April 2 and they said 2-3 weeks. Haven't heard anything since then. I emailed again yesterday.
Don't expect a reply! One would think it would be easier for them to reply to an email rather than answer phone inquiries, but it seems that emails are not a priority.

Question. I have 5 day hoppers for end of June to july 3rd. If I were to simply reschedule the trip until next year, could I simply turn the tickets (hard ticket) in towards credit for tickets next year when I go? I am a little concerned with sending my hard tickets back and then having to wait for a refund. Id rather just reschedule the trip and somehow get credit for the tickets i have towards my next trip. NOTE: Even if they fully open by end of June, we are probably looking to reschedule anyway.

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter