Unable to pre book DAS

tweenie

Earning My Ears
I've spent several very frustrating hours trying to pre book the DAS for our trip to WDW in September. We had no issues with this in February but have come up with problems this time. We're AP holders and wanted to change a couple of our park reservations but weren't able to do this online. I finally did this through DVC chat and was left with two park reservations on two days with an assurance that the unwanted reservations would eventually remove itself from MDE (it hasn't) DVC tech department stated that there had been a problem with cancelling some AP park reservations.
When trying to pre book the DAS today the cast member could only book them for the original park reservation. She did manage to sort out that we were in fact going to a different park but wasn't able to book the DAS for the new park and said that unless the original park drops off MDE then there's no solution.
I'm at a loss as to what to do? Any helpful suggestions as to who to contact would be a great help. I've chatted to four different cast members and although wanting to help, didn't have any idea of how to sort this.
Thanks

I’d give it a few more days and see if the old reservation drops the try the pre selections again. Or if you’ve already been waiting several days for the old reservations to drop, then I’d call Disney and see what they can do.

I’d give it a few more days and see if the old reservation drops the try the pre selections again. Or if you’ve already been waiting several days for the old reservations to drop, then I’d call Disney and see what they can do.
I will thanks.
The old reservation has been there for several weeks now

I've spent several very frustrating hours trying to pre book the DAS for our trip to WDW in September. We had no issues with this in February but have come up with problems this time. We're AP holders and wanted to change a couple of our park reservations but weren't able to do this online. I finally did this through DVC chat and was left with two park reservations on two days with an assurance that the unwanted reservations would eventually remove itself from MDE (it hasn't) DVC tech department stated that there had been a problem with cancelling some AP park reservations.
When trying to pre book the DAS today the cast member could only book them for the original park reservation. She did manage to sort out that we were in fact going to a different park but wasn't able to book the DAS for the new park and said that unless the original park drops off MDE then there's no solution.
I'm at a loss as to what to do? Any helpful suggestions as to who to contact would be a great help. I've chatted to four different cast members and although wanting to help, didn't have any idea of how to sort this.
Thanks
How many days ahead of your trip did you book your DAS? I'd like to prebook one but we are at the 50 day mark only right now

I read we could pre-book Rise of the resistance and Guardians with DAS? is this correct?
No
Guests can get a day of visit DAS Return Time for Rise of the Resistance because it no longer has a Virtual Queue and does have a Standby Wait line.
Guardians of the Galaxy is using Virtual Queue/Boarding Groups at this time. For any attractions with Virtual Queue, guests using DAS must get Virtual Queue the same way as other guests do. When your Boarding Group is called, let the CM at the entrance know and they will verify your DAS status and Boarding Group and let you enter thru the Lightning Lane entrance for a shorter wait.

Thank you for all the help, a quick phone call to the technical department and I'm all sorted.

Also important to keep in mind that that lists the attractions that may be available. Individual attractions on the list may not be available for the date or time your are requesting.
Thank you! darn, wonder why people where saying they booked RoTR with their DAS pass? Looks like I will have to try and buy lightning lane passes for it and Guardians.

No
Guests can get a day of visit DAS Return Time for Rise of the Resistance because it no longer has a Virtual Queue and does have a Standby Wait line.
Guardians of the Galaxy is using Virtual Queue/Boarding Groups at this time. For any attractions with Virtual Queue, guests using DAS must get Virtual Queue the same way as other guests do. When your Boarding Group is called, let the CM at the entrance know and they will verify your DAS status and Boarding Group and let you enter thru the Lightning Lane entrance for a shorter wait.
This is so helpful, thank you! What is Day of Visit return?? If I know we only have 1 day in DHS (Oct 8) do I still have to try and book this at 7 am like all the other rides we want to do? (We have Genie plus too) or how do I go about ensuring we get this ride? Do I purchase a LL for it on the day of??

This is so helpful, thank you! What is Day of Visit return?? If I know we only have 1 day in DHS (Oct 8) do I still have to try and book this at 7 am like all the other rides we want to do? (We have Genie plus too) or how do I go about ensuring we get this ride? Do I purchase a LL for it on the day of??
Day of Visit just refers to the DAS reservations you make once you have scanned into the park. So, if you pre-register for the DAS, you can only prebook the 2 DAS that are for a set time that must be used during the assigned time frame. Day of your visit, once scanned into the park, you can then pick an attraction for a DAS return time that is based on the current listed wait times. This one can be used anytime after issue, but you cannot book another DAS until after you use this one or cancel it.

So, those that used DAS for RotR did so only after they scanned into the park and then their return time was based on the standard queue time then.

What is Day of Visit return??
As PP explains, there are 2 different types of DAS Return Times:

Advanced Selections which are booked as part of the advanced registration video chat. Limited to 2 per day from a select list of attractions and must be made for the park for which you have a reservation. These have set return times and valid windows and generally must be used within the stated window or it expires.

Day-of or in-park Return Times. Just like the prior DAS, once your whole party has scanned into a park you can make DAS Return Times based on the posted Standby times for each attraction. This can now be done via the app without going to the attraction. Return anytime after the stated return time and it is good all day; however you cannot get another until you use or cancel the active one.

The first post of THIS THREAD explains DAS, how it works, how to register, etc.

Thank you! darn, wonder why people where saying they booked RoTR with their DAS pass? Looks like I will have to try and buy lightning lane passes for it and Guardians.
you can book RoTR with a DAS at the parks you do not need to pay for it. For Guardians you have to have a virtual cue for this ride or pay for it

We went on Rise of the Resistance twice on our last trip using DAS Return Time as tobikaye and lanejudy described.

Day of Visit just refers to the DAS reservations you make once you have scanned into the park. So, if you pre-register for the DAS, you can only prebook the 2 DAS that are for a set time that must be used during the assigned time frame. Day of your visit, once scanned into the park, you can then pick an attraction for a DAS return time that is based on the current listed wait times. This one can be used anytime after issue, but you cannot book another DAS until after you use this one or cancel it.

So, those that used DAS for RotR did so only after they scanned into the park and then their return time was based on the standard queue time then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!