Unable to get FP+ for 7DMT at 12.01am et

ctl

DIS Veteran
I was really disappointed. I stayed up to get my kids one ride on 7DMT and when I was allowed in at 12.01am et there was no availability for my dates at all. We are only there for 3 days for my birthday and I couldn't believe everything was already gone. I didn't want A&E or anything, just the mine train as it is new. I even tried going in one person at a time and still there was absolutely nothing. I'm super disappointed, and if this is what it's like to get a FP I bet the lines could be over 90 minutes to 2 hours or more, just like when Toy Story opened. I thought staying on site would give me a small advantage, apparently not. I'm really done with this whole FP+ rubbish. I'm going to enjoy my 2 days at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter instead. Really sad:(

I was really disappointed. I stayed up to get my kids one ride on 7DMT and when I was allowed in at 12.01am et there was no availability for my dates at all. We are only there for 3 days for my birthday and I couldn't believe everything was already gone. I didn't want A&E or anything, just the mine train as it is new. I even tried going in one person at a time and still there was absolutely nothing. I'm super disappointed, and if this is what it's like to get a FP I bet the lines could be over 90 minutes to 2 hours or more, just like when Toy Story opened. I thought staying on site would give me a small advantage, apparently not. I'm really done with this whole FP+ rubbish. I'm going to enjoy my 2 days at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter instead. Really sad:(

I understand your frustration. The system favors onsite guests with the longest stays at this time. It is possible the standby wait for A&E is finally coming down from their ridiculous highs--don't give up on that option yet.

I know I should just be grateful to be lucky enough to get to visit at all. It's just with the cost of getting there for such a short time I really wanted my kids to get on the ride. Thanks for the sympathy, Monday just got a little brighter. Unfortunately haven't told the kids yet, that will be the hard part, but they are troopers I'm sure they will stand in line however long it takes. I'm looking forward to Universals Diagon Alley instead (I love the Harry Potter books) but other than that Universal holds no interest for me. This pre-planning to the nth detail is what is really getting me down with WDW. :)

Do more FPs become available to on-site guests at the 30 day mark (when they first become available for off-site) or is it an independent pool of FPs?
thanks.

I know I should just be grateful to be lucky enough to get to visit at all. It's just with the cost of getting there for such a short time I really wanted my kids to get on the ride. Thanks for the sympathy, Monday just got a little brighter. Unfortunately haven't told the kids yet, that will be the hard part, but they are troopers I'm sure they will stand in line however long it takes. I'm looking forward to Universals Diagon Alley instead (I love the Harry Potter books) but other than that Universal holds no interest for me. This pre-planning to the nth detail is what is really getting me down with WDW. :)

Diagon Alley is amazing--did it two weeks ago for the first time. The interactive wands (I call them $45 sticks) are more fun than I thought they would be. Give the rest of Universal Orlando a chance too, it's not as bad as some would have you believe.

Do more FPs become available to on-site guests at the 30 day mark (when they first become available for off-site) or is it an independent pool of FPs?
thanks.

Unknown, but there are few indications that another pool of FPs opens at the 30-day mark.

Why does everyone act like they won't be able to visit an attraction because they didn't get a fastpass? The wait time right now (middle of the day) for 7DMT is only 50 mins. Is waiting in a line for 50 mins ideal? Not really but, it's not the end of the world either. If it is truly the one thing you really wanted to do and you're going to be there for 3 days, you can definitely swing this.

Same thing with me this morning but the problem I have is a person traveling with me and checking in on the same day was able to log in 5 hours earlier to book Fp+ and their were already no fast passes aval for our entire trip so at midnight I had no chance of getting these fast passes that led to a almost two hour phone convrsation with Disney on this ( they actually hung up on me once ) My main problem is it is not a level playing ground to get certain fast passes and i know that they are popular but being in at 1200 and 30 seconds and knowing that 5 hours before that their were no Fast passes is very unfair to the quick trip people out their. they told me to email them about my experience but I have not gotten to that yet

Why does everyone act like they won't be able to visit an attraction because they didn't get a fastpass? The wait time right now (middle of the day) for 7DMT is only 50 mins. Is waiting in a line for 50 mins ideal? Not really but, it's not the end of the world either. If it is truly the one thing you really wanted to do and you're going to be there for 3 days, you can definitely swing this.
Agreed. If you're booking FP+ at 60 days right now you are looking at the week prior to Thanksgiving which has crowd levels in the 2's and 3's almost all week which is very similar to what they have right now.

If you hit 7DMT at rope drop or below closing you can likely do it via standby with a wait of less than 30 minutes and on the right days (recommended) you can still do it with a wait under an hour.

thats not my problem with the system its that their not even available for our entire trip not an even playing ground with old system it would be like showing up at rope drop and being first in line at fast pass machine and being told they were given out yesterday

Same thing with me this morning but the problem I have is a person traveling with me and checking in on the same day was able to log in 5 hours earlier to book Fp+ and their were already no fast passes aval for our entire trip so at midnight I had no chance of getting these fast passes that led to a almost two hour phone convrsation with Disney on this ( they actually hung up on me once ) My main problem is it is not a level playing ground to get certain fast passes and i know that they are popular but being in at 1200 and 30 seconds and knowing that 5 hours before that their were no Fast passes is very unfair to the quick trip people out their. they told me to email them about my experience but I have not gotten to that yet

I understand it's frustrating when you're on a short stay, but it's not meant to be an even playing field. It intentionally favors those staying on site and staying longer. It's all about the $$'s, like it or not.

I understand it's frustrating when you're on a short stay, but it's not meant to be an even playing field. It intentionally favors those staying on site and staying longer. It's all about the $$'s, like it or not.

but after being on the phone for over an hour and a half they kept telling me it is a level playing field and everybody weather staying one or fifteen nights are treated the same and valued the same for Disney

This!

It's not as though they are excluding you from visiting the attraction. They just dropped the convenience by a factor of 5 on you. :)

I couldn't get 7DMT at my 60 day window either. However, I did not complain. I made it a point to take a quick break from my work 2-3 times per day to refresh the available fastpasses on the desired day and eventually I was able to secure the fastpass. Hope is not lost. Fortune favors the relentless (and the previously fortuitous as it were :))

but after being on the phone for over an hour and a half they kept telling me it is a level playing field and everybody weather staying one or fifteen nights are treated the same and valued the same for Disney

CM's especially these days, are notorious for not knowing what they're talking about. I don't think they intentionally lied to you, I just don't think the person you talked to actually knows how it works.

A lot of people don't realize the reason why longer stays have an easier time getting fp's and that includes CM's.

This!

It's not as though they are excluding you from visiting the attraction. They just dropped the convenience by a factor of 5 on you. :)

I couldn't get 7DMT at my 60 day window either. However, I did not complain. I made it a point to take a quick break from my work 2-3 times per day to refresh the available fastpasses on the desired day and eventually I was able to secure the fastpass. Hope is not lost. Fortune favors the relentless (and the previously fortuitous as it were :))

this would not be possible for me as I drive for a living and taking computer breaks thru out the day are not a possibility for me im not complaining just frustrated with the new system and this is not the first time we have used it never had any problems in the past

this would not be possible for me as I drive for a living and taking computer breaks thru out the day are not a possibility for me im not complaining just frustrated with the new system and this is not the first time we have used it never had any problems in the past

I assume you have access to a computer at night correct? When I finally secured the FP it was at 7PM EDT. I checked literally morning, noon, and night. People are constantly on the site changing their plans.

Also, there are cancellation threads here you can monitor.

And not to point out the obvious but, you are on the computer at 1pm EDT on a Monday so you do not work every day...

CM's especially these days, are notorious for not knowing what they're talking about. I don't think they intentionally lied to you, I just don't think the person you talked to actually knows how it works.

A lot of people don't realize the reason why longer stays have an easier time getting fp's and that includes CM's.

I talked to 7 different people all used the same lines saying it is a level playing field and that their were aval at midnight they just went real fast one actually couldent believe that their were no fast passes for our entire trip for big thunder

I assume you have access to a computer at night correct? When I finally secured the FP it was at 7PM EDT. I checked literally morning, noon, and night. People are constantly on the site changing their plans.

Also, there are cancellation threads here you can monitor.

And not to point out the obvious but, you are on the computer at 1pm EDT on a Monday so you do not work every day...

I happen to be off today and this is actually my final day off till our trip

Length of stay only matters for how many days you can book, you still cant book any earlier than 60 days from check in, but yes I can tell you its not a level playing field which is why I always stay on site....that and I am a DVC member too. But don't feel so bad I was on 7DMT in August and I thought it wasn't any great shakes and neither di my 7yo DD She prefers BTMRR and SM, and RnRC Oh how they grow up

Do your kids like to stay up late? The 7D line can get very short near the end of the day. You may even find that they can ride more than once in a fairly short time period.

Not to steal the thread, but the one I started didn't get a reply:

I'm in the same boat...no 7DMT for 11/16 and I new they'd be gone at 12:00 AM b/c others (with longer trips) already reported it. But anyhooo...

I made a couple changes to my FP+ selections and the changes show up in the FP+ section of the MDX but when I view my "Itinerary", they do not show up with the changes.

Anyone experience this? Should I panic? Will it update eventually?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter