Unable to change contracts for 7-month reservation

Thanks, everyone. So if the two rooms I booked are still available and I had points transferred in from another member, can I book those two rooms and specify that I want to use the transferred points or do I still need to use my BLT points up first?

The reservation I have booked was done within the 7 month window, so there is no Home resort priority issue here. I am simply trying to free up my BLT points to make a Jan 22 booking at the 11 month window

Thanks, everyone. So if the two rooms I booked are still available and I had points transferred in from another member, can I book those two rooms and specify that I want to use the transferred points or do I still need to use my BLT points up first?

The reservation I have booked was done within the 7 month window, so there is no Home resort priority issue here. I am simply trying to free up my BLT points to make a Jan 22 booking at the 11 month window

As long as any banked or borrowed points are already used up from BLT, then it should allow it. The online system is finicky though so once you try, call MS.

Are the BLT points banked or borrowed? If they are, then they will be taken before the transferred points. But if they are current UY points (referred to by DVC as “annual allotment”) then the transferred points would be taken before the BLT points.

The BLT points are banked from 2020, but none are borrowed. I suppose one way to solve this would be to keep the existing reservation, transfer the points in, book a duplicate VGC reservation using the transferred points and then cancel my existing VGC reservation, turn around and use those points to book my 11-month BLT reservation. I need both my banked and 2021 UY points to have enough to make my reservation at BLT. Would that strategy work?

The BLT points are banked from 2020, but none are borrowed. I suppose one way to solve this would be to keep the existing reservation, transfer the points in, book a duplicate VGC reservation using the transferred points and then cancel my existing VGC reservation, turn around and use those points to book my 11-month BLT reservation. I need both my banked and 2021 UY points to have enough to make my reservation at BLT. Would that strategy work?

It should. Definitely do not free up any banked BLT before using the transferred points.

Just to follow up here as a data point, this worked exactly as you thought:

-I had 400 points (200 Mar 20 UY banked into 21, 200 Mar 21 UY). Used 218 for an Aug 21 reservation.
-Transferred in 200 Dec 20 UY points. Called into member services and booked a duplicate reservation with the transferred points plus 18 of my 21 UY points.
-I then cancelled my previous reservation and now have 382 2021 UY points to use at my home resort during the 11 month window.

Thanks again for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter