Unable to change contracts for 7-month reservation

ColonialMouse

Mouseketeer
I had to cancel my March trip and am trying to make sure the points are used properly in the remaining two trips this UY. Basically I want to preserve as many points from my BLT contract for banking so use all the current UY points in the AKV and SSR contracts first.

The reservation I’m trying to modify is at HHI (so 7-month since I don’t own there) and was “walked” a bit to get what I wanted. Right now it pulls points from AKV and BLT, but I want to pull SSR and AKV first.

But when I am modifying and get to choose what contracts points are pulled from, there is a padlock on AKV and BLT. I can check SSR but when I get to review nothing has changed. I click edit and go back to contract selection, but the padlocks are still there.

I’m not aware of anything that would prevent changing contracts for a 7-month reservation. Is there a way to do this online? Do I need to call MS? Is there some restriction I’m not aware of? Nothing complicated here AFAIK as it’s all same UY, same account, no transferred points, etc.

Thanks,
Bruce

Definitely something odd going odd there. You may need to contact MS to get it straightened out.

I'm curious as to what the problem is. Please post back once you get it resolved.

Thanks!

I had to cancel my March trip and am trying to make sure the points are used properly in the remaining two trips this UY. Basically I want to preserve as many points from my BLT contract for banking so use all the current UY points in the AKV and SSR contracts first.

The reservation I’m trying to modify is at HHI (so 7-month since I don’t own there) and was “walked” a bit to get what I wanted. Right now it pulls points from AKV and BLT, but I want to pull SSR and AKV first.

But when I am modifying and get to choose what contracts points are pulled from, there is a padlock on AKV and BLT. I can check SSR but when I get to review nothing has changed. I click edit and go back to contract selection, but the padlocks are still there.

I’m not aware of anything that would prevent changing contracts for a 7-month reservation. Is there a way to do this online? Do I need to call MS? Is there some restriction I’m not aware of? Nothing complicated here AFAIK as it’s all same UY, same account, no transferred points, etc.

Thanks,
Bruce
When you book, even at 7 months, you choose the contracts to be used and the order in which points should be taken. If you modify that reservation, the order is preserved (padlocked) but you can add other contracts on the tail end.

The only way around this would be to cancel and rebook with the SSR and AKV contracts being the first ones.

I had something similar go on with me (not as complex) but after finally getting in touch with MS, they said once the points are dedicated any modification will keep using the points as they were originally dedicated. The only way to fix that would be to cancel everything and rebook. My issue was that if I cancelled the room wouldn’t be able to be rebooked.

This has happened to me as well and told the same. The only time I have seen points change is that it will pull any banked or borrowed points from all checked contracts, even when a new one is added.

But, for current UY points, it will keep the order the same once booked. As others have mentioned, my only success to change it has been to cancel and rebook..or book night I could book at beginning or end, cancel out of the original and then have them merged back into one

My answer is have a chat with MS. They do some amazing things. I had two reservations (made within 7 months of check in) set using points from my solo contract. Used 3 banked and rest current UY points. Then silly me, I go and purchase a 125 direct contract that included 125, 2020 points. I have an April UY so I can’t bank them. But MS did. They banked the 125 and modified the reservations with the system using banked points first 3+125. For my reservations that left 4 points more. I later look and saw the 4 came from the newly added 125 point contract and not my original contract, showing it now at 121. My plan was to later bank those to have a full 250 for an 11 month booking idea in 2022. Back on with MS, and quickly they switched the 4 points, putting the contract back to 125.

My answer is have a chat with MS. They do some amazing things. I had two reservations (made within 7 months of check in) set using points from my solo contract. Used 3 banked and rest current UY points. Then silly me, I go and purchase a 125 direct contract that included 125, 2020 points. I have an April UY so I can’t bank them. But MS did. They banked the 125 and modified the reservations with the system using banked points first 3+125. For my reservations that left 4 points more. I later look and saw the 4 came from the newly added 125 point contract and not my original contract, showing it now at 121. My plan was to later bank those to have a full 250 for an 11 month booking idea in 2022. Back on with MS, and quickly they switched the 4 points, putting the contract back to 125.

Just for others, when buying direct, they will allow points to be banked late, they will also allow newly purchased points to replace borrowed points and return borrowed points when the policy is not to do so.

But, I agree, it never hurts to contact Ms as they seem to have some abilities we do not via the online system.

This isn’t consistent, though. Just yesterday I went in and changed the contracts used to book a reservation at the 7 month mark, but then I went in to modify another and it had padlocks on the contracts. I have yet to figure out why some do and some do not lock what contracts were used at 7 months.

This isn’t consistent, though. Just yesterday I went in and changed the contracts used to book a reservation at the 7 month mark, but then I went in to modify another and it had padlocks on the contracts. I have yet to figure out why some do and some do not lock what contracts were used at 7 months.

Did you change contracts from different home resorts? Or add a new resort to the mix?

This is what I have found, If I used my SSR at first and didn’t check RIV, even at 7 months, it has stayed locked. If I had a new contract added after booking, the initial stayed lock. For example, I had booked for Dec 2020 with both SSR and RIV points...and then modified it at 7 months. When I got back transferred points from a canceled trips, they stayed locked.

Now, even though the trip was modified and changed at 7 months to non home resorts, they stayed locked when I added the transferred points contract as an option and of course, it didn’t take what I wanted.

Not sure if that is why in my case since the original trip was an 11 month booking, but it was changed at 7?

Did you change contracts from different home resorts? Or add a new resort to the mix?

This is what I have found, If I used my SSR at first and didn’t check RIV, even at 7 months, it has stayed locked. If I had a new contract added after booking, the initial stayed lock. For example, I had booked for Dec 2020 with both SSR and RIV points...and then modified it at 7 months. When I got back transferred points from a canceled trips, they stayed locked.

Now, even though the trip was modified and changed at 7 months to non home resorts, they stayed locked when I added the transferred points contract as an option and of course, it didn’t take what I wanted.

Not sure if that is why in my case since the original trip was an 11 month booking, but it was changed at 7?
Different home resorts. I wanted to switch from using AKV points to SSR points on a booking at HHI, and so switched out the contracts. Though I had booked originally at 7 months with AKV, the AKV contract wasn't locked, and it let me unselect it, then select my SSR contract.

But I had the same situation when trying to change out contracts used to book at BRV. The reservation was made in the 7 month window, not 11. But I did use a BRV contract to book it. I decided I wanted to switch out BRV points for SSR points, but the BRV contract was locked and it wouldn't let me change it. I do have this issue at 11 months -- if I book using my home resort priority and want to switch one BRV contract for another, the system won't let me do that, I have to call to switch them. I realize this is probably to ensure you don't switch out your home priority contract to a non-home resort at the 7 month mark (but honestly you can build in the logic to check for that!). But it shouldn't lock the contract if the booking was made at the 7 month mark or later.

Different home resorts. I wanted to switch from using AKV points to SSR points on a booking at HHI, and so switched out the contracts. Though I had booked originally at 7 months with AKV, the AKV contract wasn't locked, and it let me unselect it, then select my SSR contract.

But I had the same situation when trying to change out contracts used to book at BRV. The reservation was made in the 7 month window, not 11. But I did use a BRV contract to book it. I decided I wanted to switch out BRV points for SSR points, but the BRV contract was locked and it wouldn't let me change it. I do have this issue at 11 months -- if I book using my home resort priority and want to switch one BRV contract for another, the system won't let me do that, I have to call to switch them. I realize this is probably to ensure you don't switch out your home priority contract to a non-home resort at the 7 month mark (but honestly you can build in the logic to check for that!). But it shouldn't lock the contract if the booking was made at the 7 month mark or later.

It is certainly inconsistent it seems in what it allows and what it does not when it locks the contracts. So weird!

[Confused] where are people seeing this 'podlock'? We have several UY memberships and never have been able to manually switch <7month reservations out -- always needed MS Chat to assist on that.

[Confused] where are people seeing this 'podlock'? We have several UY memberships and never have been able to manually switch <7month reservations out -- always needed MS Chat to assist on that.

When you go into the online system and modify the reservation. Once you choose the new room and get to the screen with contracts ...where you check the contracts to use...they will show locked.

Attachments

• 1611780957776.jpeg
    1611780957776.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Just following up with the outcome, I finally called today and waited 45 minutes. It took the CM about 60 seconds to reallocate the points to come from SSR and AKV. Now to bank the BLT points and maybe see if I can still snag a Christmas reservation!

Bruce

Just following up with the outcome, I finally called today and waited 45 minutes. It took the CM about 60 seconds to reallocate the points to come from SSR and AKV. Now to bank the BLT points and maybe see if I can still snag a Christmas reservation!

Bruce
Good for you.

I have a question related to this topic. I have two existing reservations at VGC that were made within the 7 month window using my BLT points. I would now like to free up those BLT points for a home-resort reservation early in 2022. If I transfer in points from someone else (even with another home resort and use year) would I be able to transfer my existing VGC reservations to use those transferred points?

I’ve been getting padlocks on my 7 month reservations too. I never use to. I now have to think about which home points I want to use first when booking. So I always choose my SSR points as #1.

I have a question related to this topic. I have two existing reservations at VGC that were made within the 7 month window using my BLT points. I would now like to free up those BLT points for a home-resort reservation early in 2022. If I transfer in points from someone else (even with another home resort and use year) would I be able to transfer my existing VGC reservations to use those transferred points?
You can only use non-home resort points at 7 months AND only if availability exists for your dates. IOW, if you made a reservation at VGC for January 2022 using VGC points (11 months from now), you would not be able to switch to using non-VGC points in June unless some or all of your days are still available when you try to reallocate the points. Your VGC contract(s) will be locked in the first order but you can add the points from the transfer to the end of that list. The order in which points are taken will still apply: holding. banked, borrowed, transferred, annual allotment.

Last edited:

It depends. Any banked or borrowed points Of your own have to be used up before any transferred points can be used.

Points transfer into a membership so as long as whatever you get is put in the same membership as the reservation and whatever UY they are make them valid for the trip, you should be able to swap them out.

I will say that sometimes the system will not use all transferred when doing it online and I don’t know why. So far. I’ve been able to readjust things with my trips to get them in trips vs waiting on the phone with MS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter