*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going to try for Jackie's cupcake social and that's it. All of the others either don't interest us all that much or conflict with other plans. Plus you probably only have a good shot at getting one or may two before they fill up so best to focus on one.

Hey Phil @TheMaxRebo, move us into the Nomad Lounge group for the pre-party on the 10th and take us off the list for GKTW volunteering on the 5th. We don't arrive until the 6th and have decided not to work a shift this trip with everything else going on.

DON'T FORGET! Event sign ups are TODAY at 10AM.

I thought they were supposed to send out some sort of notification email but they didn't (or at least I didn't get one).

yes today at 10 am eastern time - meaning in less than 40 minutes from now
so go find you event ID NOW and also have your credit card ready - i think you need a visa, or master or discovery....

so get ready....this is even bigger than ADR/FP!!! LOL...

36 minutes to go.....drivers start your engines

Ready and waiting... family has declined to get up for breakfast at 8am, so I'm just trying for one spot. I'll be all by myself! (really thought DS14 might - he considered it, but we'll be at EMH at MK the night before then AK MM that night... I'm going to be EXHAUSTED).

that was insanely fast.
everything was closed except the ice cream social within minutes.
My links didn't open until about 2 minutes after the hour.
i kept refreshing until it finally opened...
i checked everything at about 5 minutes after, and they were all closed except for the ice cream social.
people have speedy fingers...or maybe speedy internet connections.... :)

Very excited that this will be out right before our trip.
[/QUOTE]
Well missed out on Ryno's event...…...didn't even get the link info until 10:02 :( Whatcha gonna do...…..we'll go see "Happily Ever After" after the Welcome Meet-up :earboy2: Not a bad consolation.

Doug :goofy:
that was insanely fast.
i checked everything at about 5 minutes after, and they were all closed except for the ice cream social.

I kept refreshing the pages until 10:02 when the form came up. Put in number and email and everything was gone. Oh well better luck next time.

I'll be going to the ice cream social since I want to get with the Dreams agents and meet the new ones. I'm also going to Jackie's social.

::Edited to add:: I'm going to the East Meets West, also. (Thanks, John, for that post about open events.)

Last edited:

Very excited that this will be out right before our trip.

I kept refreshing the pages until 10:02 when the form came up. Put in number and email and everything was gone. Oh well better luck next time.
[/QUOTE]

the second sign up for pete's breakfast will be sunday at 10:00 am....i'll be right there with you trying to get it....

Last edited:
that was insanely fast.

So John just posted on the Official thread (4 minutes ago) that everything except Pete and Ryno's still have space, so maybe try again?

FYI - John's message in the Official thread - maybe worth trying again for some events as he sees most as still having room

I know many of you are upset but these events are very limited. Pete's and Ryno's went very fast.

I see we have space at all the other meets right now and all links are working. The only one getting close to selling out is Steve and Makayla's.

Each podcaster had the ability to set the limit as to the number of guests.

I put together the Ice Cream Social and that has the most spots available and can accommodate a lot of folks. I realize that may not be your first choice but I wanted to create an event that would accommodate a lot of people since I knew other events would fill up quickly.

A lot of folks are upset. Fortunately I had extremely low expectations because I've done this before so I knew how it worked.

There are 1,000 or so people attending the party but the individual events can each only accommodate maybe 20 or 30 so there's no possible way for all of the 1,000 people to also get in to the individual things. There simply aren't nearly that many available spots. If each thing could hold 30, they'd need to have over 30 separate events for everyone to be able to do at least one and that's obviously not feasible in a 4-day event.

As noted, members of the team will be in the auction room each day so you can see them there. Also, be on the lookout when you're out and about in the parks and on property as you may well run into someone at random. And have FUN. You'll be at Disney World!

A lot of folks are upset. Fortunately I had extremely low expectations because I've done this before so I knew how it worked.

There are 1,000 or so people attending the party but the individual events can each only accommodate maybe 20 or 30 so there's no possible way for all of the 1,000 people to also get in to the individual things. There simply aren't nearly that many available spots. If each thing could hold 30, they'd need to have over 30 separate events for everyone to be able to do at least one and that's obviously not feasible in a 4-day event.

As noted, members of the team will be in the auction room each day so you can see them there. Also, be on the lookout when you're out and about in the parks and on property as you may well run into someone at random. And have FUN. You'll be at Disney World!

If you didn't get something try again - i just checked and Teresa's and Kathy's and jackies are all still available. (as well as the ice cream social).
apparently there was a glitch before...

I'll be going to the ice cream social since I want to get with the Dreams agents and meet the new ones. I'm also going to Jackie's social.

::Edited to add:: I'm going to the East Meets West, also. (Thanks, John, for that post about open events.)
We were able to get in to Jackie's event so we're set for that.

Now to wait and see if they add on anything else of interest.

See you both over cupcakes then!

i'll be somewhere nearby, crafting with Kathy...
i'm not allowed to eat cupcakes, so it would be cruel and unusual for me to be over by the cupcakes, even if i do love Jackie!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter