*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own my own pool why do I need to stay in an expensive hotel to use theirs? My vacation goals are to be out of the room as much as possible that’s the point of vacation!

Well the only pool I have in the UK is a paddling pool (3 ring inflatable kiddy pool) great for feet soaking when we get our one day of sun a year, but not so good for swimming.

so Pools are normally a must for me and was planning to carve out sometime by the pool.

Although now my (10 day) Nov trip has been cancelled I’ll have to fit everything I want to cover over both trips (apart from SWGE :sad:) in the six days I’m there, I will be on the go, go, go!!

I’ll have to use my trip on Splash Mountain as my relaxing by pools of water time :beach:

Well the only pool I have in the UK is a paddling pool (3 ring inflatable kiddy pool) great for feet soaking when we get our one day of sun a year, but not so good for swimming.

so Pools are normally a must for me and was planning to carve out sometime by the pool.

Although now my (10 day) Nov trip has been cancelled I’ll have to fit everything I want to cover over both trips (apart from SWGE :sad:) in the six days I’m there, I will be on the go, go, go!!

I’ll have to use my trip on Splash Mountain as my relaxing by pools of water time :beach:

Oh come on now, my ex mother in law is from England and she said they have 2 or 3 days with sun every year. :teeth::teeth::teeth:

I've heard rumors that some people actually go on vacation to relax. I've never subscribed to that particular form of vacationing myself but some do.
I usually don't embrace vacations with a lot of down time either. I am going to TRY to slow it down a little bit from my 12+ mile a day pace i usually do when I'm solo because it may kill me in the August heat, and I switched my hotels to some places I've never stayed before (contemporary and beach club) so I'd like to enjoy them a bit.

Sorry to hear about your Nov trip. We have pools here, but at this rate we won't be using them this summer. They are set to open in 2 weeks, and yesterday it was a whopping 45 degrees......o_O Mother nature has lost her mind!

Plans for trip so far:

Mon 8/5 Arrive Boardwalk Villas lovely BWV pool/DS
Tues 8/6 Storybook dinner 5:45 pm MK day
Wed 8/7 Welcome party POP 4-7 pm Sci Fi 11 am HS day
Thur 8/8 BOG 11am DVC Moonlight if someone takes pity on resale DVC owner and takes us LOL, MK day
Fri 8/9 La Hacienda 7 pm Epcot day with night show
Sat 8/10 Victoria Falls 8pm Nomad 9 pm Pandora Party!!
Sun 8/11 Podcast Bog 6:30 pm
Mon 8/12 leave for OHIO

I need a 20 years party pick me up.

As I am still coming to this event yay only 90 days

Although I just had to cancel my family holiday to WDW for this Oct/Nov (175 days so already booked all the ADRs) We were coming for my mum’s 70th but she’s been diagnosed with cancer and even though the prognosis looks really good she’ll still be having treatment at the time.

Did offer to stay at home for the dreams trip as she’ll be in Chemo; but she refused to let me cancel as my dad, brother and my DH will all be about if she needs anything.

She was even saying we all should still go on the Nov trip without her and she stay home on her own (crazy lady).

So I realise the cancellation isn’t so bad for me, as I get to come to this great event, but my little boy and the rest of the family were really looking forward to it. :sad1:

So sorry to hear about your mom. It's great that she's insisting that you go to the Dreams event!!

I just finished 15 months of treatment for metastatic triple negative breast cancer (and i'm now NED = no evidence of disease - woo hoo)..
Anyway, if you have any questions at all please feel free to PM me here or on FB (or i'll send you my email address if you prefer).

By the way, my mom was 75 when she was diagnosed with stage 3A and went through all the treatment (chemo, radiation, surgery) and is now 92 years old.
So that should be encouraging!!

also, there are fantastic groups on facebook for just about every kind of cancer and cancer treatment, where people can ask questions etc.
I've found them to be very helpful and it doesn't matter where in the world you are as most cancers are treated with rather standard protocols, so you'll usually find the answers to any questions you might have.

I don't think I mentioned it hear but I did have to forgo my plans to attend this event. It was a bad time for me to begin with but I hoped to make it work. Unfortunately not the case. I definitely will still follow along and help with spreadsheets and whatever else like I did last time. Definitely jealous of everyone who does get to go.

sorry you won't be able to join in the fun.... i know i would have been terribly disappointed to have to cancel at this point!!

Kind of curious, is anyone planning on staying at the hotel by the pool and just relaxing?

as others have said, i'm not the relaxing kind of vacation sort of person..
and since we live 10 minutes from the mediterranean, beach vacations aren't our preference (except when we go to eilat, but even then, it's to go hiking, not to lie by the pool)...

in any case, when we go to WDW, we tend to be in the parks much of the day...
we might relax - but it's in the parks we do our relaxing....usually in the shows...
or just absorbing the atmosphere...
i can lie by a pool or on the beach any day of the year....
see Mickey? only when i'm in my happiest place on earth..

Not much to add to you post ... just wanted to echo your "woo hoo"!!! (which I definitely sung in my head to the Ducktales theme)

Congratulations, that is really something to celebrate!

thanks!
it is indeed something to celebrate!!
we're all going on the disney magic in july followed by 4 days at DLP, so basically 11 days of disney (plus 3 days barcelona before the cruise)..
There will be 9 of us on that trip: my husband, me, our daughter (Chani - MickeyMouseIsKing) and her husband, and our son, his wife and 3 kids (5,3,1)..

the 20 years of dreams trip is just Chani and me. She wanted to do something to celebrate with just the two of us, mom and daughter - so this was the perfect choice!!

i made the reservations for DLP and the disney magic a month after i started chemo....
all the planning was a great distraction and gave me something to look forward to....

and now i can't believe that it's almost here....we're almost at the 50 day mark on our big family celebration trip...
so much to do, so little time!!!
initially it seemed so very far away, and now it's almost upon us!!! yikes!

So sorry to hear about your mom. It's great that she's insisting that you go to the Dreams event!!

I just finished 15 months of treatment for metastatic triple negative breast cancer (and i'm now NED = no evidence of disease - woo hoo)..
Anyway, if you have any questions at all please feel free to PM me here or on FB (or i'll send you my email address if you prefer).

By the way, my mom was 75 when she was diagnosed with stage 3A and went through all the treatment (chemo, radiation, surgery) and is now 92 years old.
So that should be encouraging!!

also, there are fantastic groups on facebook for just about every kind of cancer and cancer treatment, where people can ask questions etc.
I've found them to be very helpful and it doesn't matter where in the world you are as most cancers are treated with rather standard protocols, so you'll usually find the answers to any questions you might have.

Thanks you for your kind words and advice, I really appreciate that and the story about your mum after that still going strong at 92 that’s amazing.

Also wow and yay on you being NED, yep that is definitely something that needs celebrating at the event :cool1::cool1:

I had a fun morning. I got a notification that Delta canceled my flight and rebooked me onto one the next day so I booked an extra room for myself at Port Orleans Riverside 8/13-8/14. Soooo will any solo travellers be there on the evening of the 13th to do dinner or something?

Hi! I've been lurking but I'd like to join the Hoopdeedoo dinner and solo breakfast too. I maaay have a friend join later but I'm planning this as a solo trip for now. Thanks!

@Diapercat04 since you don't have 10 posts I can't send you a PM. You're next on the list for the Garden Grill breakfast on the 8th at 9am. Please let me know by next week Sunday the 26th if you can go.

Thanks!

Has anyone had to deal with contacting and getting information from the group that gets information on old tickets? I had to send them the information about my old ticket that I need to get converted for this trip and I have yet to hear back from them. I had to send the information to ticket.usage@disneyworld.com.

Hi all just an FYI - I’ve just seen the magic band upgrade is now available :thumbsup2

Yup! - was just coming to post this here ... below are all the options. For those unaware, when staying on property you can still select a plain colored magic band (same colors - they didn't add any new plain colors) for free or for an "upcharge" you can select a patterned one. The cost is the charge of the magic band less a $14.99 credit so they wind up costing you $10 extra

upload_2019-5-20_8-16-21-png.401799

you getting one? i can't decide..
i have to go look at what color i ordered as i can't remember...

I’m trying to, (originally order a purple one) but currently the website won’t let me, either too many people trying to get them, a glitch on my end or they’re not available to overseas guest yet.

I will try again later when I can use a PC rather that the app.

Thanks @TheMaxRebo for the picture as at least I can see what I can get (if they ever let me) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!