UGH - EMH and PS...

weregoingtodw

<font color=deeppink>Save the cookies for the TF<b
How on earth am I supposed to plan which day for which park and which PS if we can't determine when the EMH will be?!! GRRR...

This has never affected me in the past, but this year, we decided to go with the standard park passes without the hopper option, because we're always too pooped to parkhop anyway. So, this is our plan - what do you think?

Prepare "daily" itineraries - which can then be swapped by the day according to EMH, provided that we can call WDW-DINE and change around our PS. We're going the second week of May, so I can't see that it will be too terribly crowded anyway.

Thoughts? And are the evening EMHs going to change as much as the morning EMHs? When will they definitely be determined for that week?

Thanks!

I asked this exact same question. I was wondering too because for us it is $111 extra to park hop when we don't plan on hopping at all. Since some of the PS you have to make 90 days ahead of time, I have been debating this as well. We definately want to take advantage of the EMH schedule. Someone posted back that you can always add the parkhopping feature on after you get there if need be. I had planned on calling DW to ask exactly how this would work.

We are going in May and i am having a hard time with this. We got the Early seating for Crystal Palace at 8:05 and I wanted it on the day that the park DOESN'T open early. I am questioning wether to park hop or not also .... :confused3

You are not alone. My itinerary is completely blank. I figured I waited this long, a few more days won't hurt. I know first hand how hard this is. I went in January. After the EMH days were released on Jan. 5, I started my Jan. 15th itinerary. By the time I was done, the next day I saw that the days were completely different because this was MLK weekend/week. So back to the drawing board. I did notice that the morning days seem to stay true and that there is always a morning and evening on Tuesday (making people without hopper options choose which park). With the 5/5/5 kickoff I am mostly curious how they will handle the first 2 weeks of May. I keep asking myself about early closings. I do know that there is a huge private party at MGM the evening of May 4th because I entered a contest to try to go to it. My trip starts April 29th and ends May 14. Somewhere in there I need to book HDD, a tour, several dinners with local WDW friends and visiting friends, plus spend a day with a coworker that will be staying one day. I know the crowds will be bigger around the 5th, so everything needs to come together. Hopefully in a couple of days we'll have something to work with. But please, keep a eye on those hours and EMH. They may change as we get closer to the end of April.

Here's another "sort of" related question.... if EMH evening is in MK, when do they do wishes? If the park is supposed to close at 7, but stays an extra 3 hours, do they do wishes at 7 and then kick everyone out but people w/ writsbands?? Same question for all extra evenings combined with final event (Fantasmic & Illuminations). Thanks

If Wishes is scheduled for that night, I am pretty sure it will be before official closing time. Then those with wristbands can ride the rides. However, and I'm not 100% sure, I highly doubt they will kick out those people who don't have wristbands. I think that they can stay, just not ride the rides.

All nighttime activies are exactly the same as any other night. After wishes or illuminations is over, most folks start leaving. Resort guest with wristbands can go back to the attractions and start playing again. Disney doesn't really kick people out, but after getting booted away from attractions, it sort of discourages people and then they leave. Disney is very strict on checking wristbands and often will have 2 CMs checking and rechecking. It's a pain when you have lots of layers on like we did in January, so we look forward to May when the wristband will be noticeable. In January it was probably the first time I've seen illuminations in years. Because of EMH night we watched the show, then headed to Mexico to ride the ride, and so did everyone else. Never see a line there, but it moved quickly.

mommiechewie said:
i posted this on another thread. try this link it gives a lot of good info

http://www.touringplans.com/UG_EMH1.html

:wave2:
Thanks for the link, that site (and the book) has a lot of great info.

Unless I missed it, though, it doesn't say explicitly that shops and food stops are open. I guess the implication is that they would be, since they don't actually kick out wristband-less people, so what else would they do? Anyone been there to an evening EMH that can confirm about restaurants remaining open?

i guess you are right. there would have to be something open. at least snack bars or some nibbles! I think this is going to be on of the highlights to our trip.
:goodvibes

weregoingtodw said:
How on earth am I supposed to plan which day for which park and which PS if we can't determine when the EMH will be?!! GRRR...

This has never affected me in the past, but this year, we decided to go with the standard park passes without the hopper option, because we're always too pooped to parkhop anyway. So, this is our plan - what do you think?

Prepare "daily" itineraries - which can then be swapped by the day according to EMH, provided that we can call WDW-DINE and change around our PS. We're going the second week of May, so I can't see that it will be too terribly crowded anyway.

Thoughts? And are the evening EMHs going to change as much as the morning EMHs? When will they definitely be determined for that week?

Thanks!
zi thought for the most part they are consistent with that...at least they used to be under the old system... thats different now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter