Ty's MAW Pre-trip :) arriving Feb 14, 2010

Ok I have an idea I just dont know how to do it..Some things I would love to do to Ty's wheelchair. Sicne I have looked all day for some hand rim covers that are in mickey fabric I wonder if If they are makable?? Also I want to buy some of those little lights that go on bycicle tires to go on his spokes to his wheelchiar. I know this is the bad time of the season but maybe I could find some??? The wheelchair rim covers Im at a loss:(

Ok, I have an idea, but can you sew? You cold take a long strip of fabric (think double or triple yard stick length) and with the raw edges tucked in sew velcro to each side. One side would have the soft velcro and the other side would have the rough velcro to seal it. It would look like a long tube when the velcro came together on each side. Then you could just wrap it around the hand rims and it would bunch up as the velcro came together. Does this make any sense? I think that they would be fairly easy to make as long as you kept them straight and rectangular until you apply them to the chair. This way they would be removable and washable too!:wizard:

I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL, Tonya. :hug: We'll be thinking about your family. Don't worry about the boards when you obviously have more important things going on, you need to take care of your loved ones. Also hoping it is just something minor going on with Ty. :hug: You have your hands full!

Thank you. Just a little overwhelming right now. This is the place I want to be . planning our trip and just being excited to go But I belive God might have other planse for us. But maybe not. We are sure going to keep on like i
its tomarrow!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics! It's so fun to see all our Wish families. My youngest LOVES Wall-E. We will have to do that one time but I have no ideas for crafts or food. Sometimes just being together is the best you can do. I hope the next few weeks get easier on you guys. If not, you will probably need the trip more than ever!

Oh you are so right. We need it so bad right now. I wish we could move it up somehow. That would even be better. But probaby not. But we are still excited and are planning away. Actually these next few weeks I am going to redo my livingrooms and cleen clean them then get alot of other things done too. Then the next week I will be focusing more on packing and things like that. I need to clear my mind a bit:) We still have Tinkerbell this Frday and we will probably do it at my moms house and may invite Sierra's friend with her. Ty has no friends like she does. Maybe one day:) Anyways I will go out and buy Tinkerbell things this week:)

Oh you are so right. We need it so bad right now. I wish we could move it up somehow. That would even be better. But probaby not. But we are still excited and are planning away.

Oh no you do not want to wish it to be right now, cause it is over before you know it...:guilty: Enjoy this time whie you have it....You really will have the most AMAZING trip of your life when it comes to MAW and Disney...:grouphug:

I am so sorry about everything going on right now. Huge hugs and prayers to you guys!

hang in there!

and keep us posted! we will keep praying!

Thank you all. I am so greatful for you all. What a blessing we have here. The WISH family. Ahhh that is so neat.

Christine the only reason I want it moved up is because I know we would get to go then ;) We just arnent sure how much longer dh's dad is going to make it. Dh has been going up alot to see him. I am so proud of him. I love him so much. And to know what a good daddy my kids has makes this even more special. Everything cant be perfect the way it could be. But you know what it will be our little perfect. Maybe a lot of sitting. Maybe alot of water rides for his knee. Maybe a short trip and need to come home we dont know that yet. Maybe a trip that needs to be reschdulded. But you know what? It is a trip that will be eventually that we were blessed enough to recieve because of Ty and all the things he has gone through in his little life. He is the reason for this trip. We want him to have a magical time. Oh I wish I would have taken a pic of his eyes lighting up at Wall ee. He loves that little guy!

Hugs to all
Tonya

I am so sorry to hear everything you are going through! :hug:

I actually came over here to post the information below. I posted it on the Wish Trippers thread, but I didn't know if you would see it. I hope that it's not out of line for me to post it here. I didn't realize how bad things are. Your family will continue to be in my thoughts.

Here's the info. Disregard it if you don't need it.

Just wanted to let you know that I found a little more supportive info. from the TSA website. It says specifically:

"The limit of one carry-on and one personal item (purse briefcase or computer case) does not apply to medical supplies, equipment, mobility aids, and/or assistive devices carried by and/or used by a person with a disability."

This is the page I will be printing to take to the airport for Aidan's supplies. Hope I'm not on major overkill here. I just wanted to share what I found and hope that it might help you as well.

Here's the TSA link: http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/specialneeds/before_you_go.shtm and it's the third one down.

I am so sorry to hear everything you are going through! :hug:

I actually came over here to post the information below. I posted it on the Wish Trippers thread, but I didn't know if you would see it. I hope that it's not out of line for me to post it here. I didn't realize how bad things are. Your family will continue to be in my thoughts.

Here's the info. Disregard it if you don't need it.

Thank you! No you are absolutely fine to post please do!! I am still holding out hope for our trip and am continuing to pack and everything. I will definately print that out. I had to get some more ink for the printer so I hadnt bothered calling them back or looking anything up again but I got it today so I will definately print that out. Thank you!

We talk about our trip each and every day in some way or another. Tonight we chose our rides that are must do's! We just keep dreaming about this trip and what a great time we are going to have.

Just wanted to stop by and check on you guys.

I am praying for you guys!
Hope everything is getting better for you guys.

Thank you for thinking of us:love: It has been an emotional roller coaster the last few days but we are hanging in there;) My poor dog was sick but thankfully we were able to avoid the vet on a weekend he has some meds and is on the mend now. Dh's dad they have increased his oxygen up to 4liters and were doing a ultrasound and needle biopsy of his lungs today as he has fluid on them. I called my mom today and just bawled my eyes out and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted although I know it will fill up more.

Then Ty had his ped apt and I took Sierra too as she decided her hip didnt need to be in socket a few times this weekend:eek: Turns out she has scoliosis so she will have a xray on her spine and hip tomarrow and he is referring her to a orthopedist.

Ty's knots were just enlarged lympnodes thank goodness. But he has lost more wieght. So the ped is calling his nutrionist and asking to change it to something that can help with the never ending constipation and help him gain weight. This will be his third formula change.

This Friday is Tinker Bell night :banana: (geez I love that little bannaner guy:laughing:) Although dh tried to get his Snowball express in there instead. Nope that's next week lol.

I am so sorry that you guys are having such a hard time.

Was the scoliosis severe? Or just a bit bad and thus the referral?

I am so sorry that you guys are having such a hard time.

Was the scoliosis severe? Or just a bit bad and thus the referral?

I don't think it is severe but she will be having her xrays later today. I believe the referal is mainly because of the hip pain she is having and the fact it keeps popping in and out so he wants to see if it is from the scoliosis.

Thank you Melissa. Im feeling better since my big bawl out cry yesterday. ;) But talking about Disney is totally THE best medicine!! lol Dh is starting to talk more about it too like how we are going to handle some things. The thought of my mil going down with us came in our heads for just a minute. But that was that lol. We want to enjoy the trip not get more stressed:rotfl2: But it would be nice if someone went with us.

I don't think it is severe but she will be having her xrays later today. I believe the referal is mainly because of the hip pain she is having and the fact it keeps popping in and out so he wants to see if it is from the scoliosis.

Let us know how she does! :)

:hug:

Thank you Melissa. Im feeling better since my big bawl out cry yesterday. ;) But talking about Disney is totally THE best medicine!! lol Dh is starting to talk more about it too like how we are going to handle some things. The thought of my mil going down with us came in our heads for just a minute. But that was that lol. We want to enjoy the trip not get more stressed:rotfl2: But it would be nice if someone went with us.

Wow, Tonya. You've just got so much going on. Although, I have to agree that Disney is indeed the best medicine. Hang in there! Hopefully things will start to move the right direction soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!