Two stupid DDP questions

Dimmsdale

"Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And
OK, at least I think they're stupid questions.

1st one - I've used the DDxP twice and still can't figure out the mugs.
They list as souviner refillable mugs. I've paid for them and happily refilled them. BUT, I thought the mugs were included in the overall price of the DDP. So, correct me, but you are actually paying for the privilege of refilling them. Not getting free mugs and free refills. Right?

2. Kids meals on DDP. My DD is 9 so she'll be on the kids' plan on our Dec trip. She's an adventurous eater and was getting bored (except when tired) with the kid choices at the non-buffets.

My question - I can order a 3rd appetizer for her at any meal, as long as I'm willing to pay OOP for it - just like alchol, other non-covered items and gratuity - correct? OOP shouldn't affect the plan, correct? Reason I ask is the 1st time we used the plan a server told us we couldn't order something for her if she was on the kid plan. Didn't sound right at the time but he was rather snippy and unhappy to begin with. Seems like The Mouse likes our money anyway he can get it. So this OOP shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for reading

1. The refillable mug is included in the DxDDP. You do not have to pay for the mug or the refills. They're included on the plan.

2. You can order anything you want for anyone OOP.

No question is stupid. Well, ok lets be honest, we've all seen stupid questions but not yours!!:thumbsup2

If you were on the deluxe dining plan you should have received your mugs for free with free refills at your resort. Did you tell the cashier you had the DxDDP before paying for them?

As PP stated you can order anything for anyone paying oop. The server must have misunderstood what you wanted.

Regarding the mugs -- you should have received "mug credits" (1 per person with DxDP or QSDP, not basic DDP) on your account just like the meal credits on your plan. When "buying" the mugs, you would then use the mug credit rather than be charged the actual amount.

As for question #2, sounds like a problem with the CM. You should be able to order anything you like beyond plan entitlements and pay OOP for it.

Mugs are included only in the quick service and deluxe dining plans. They are not included in the basic dining plan. If you were on the basic plan and picked up a mug, you'd have paid for the mug. If you were on deluxe you should have "mug credits" encoded on your key cards to use when purchasing the mug. You might have to point this out to the cashier.

You can order anything you want OOP and pay for it.

You could also consider upgrading your 9 year old to age 10 and getting her the adult dining plan. If you are on a package reservation you will have to buy her an adult park ticket, but depending on the length of the ticket the difference between the adult and child ticket might not be all that much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter