Two Nerds Do Disney World - FINAL Update 5/12

I had a dream last night too! Wanna hear it?

I was dating SIMON COWELL???:confused3 ?????

What's up with that? The whole bad boy thing maybe?

LoL it's the accent!! :rotfl2: I could never date a guy who tells me all the time that "that was the worst performance I have ever witnessed" LOL

LoL it's the accent!! :rotfl2: I could never date a guy who tells me all the time that "that was the worst performance I have ever witnessed" LOL
The accent? You think so?

No, I was "the best performance of the whole season, maybe the whole competition!!"

sorry guys I haven't forgotten about you!! I promise an update is coming either tonight or tomorrow! :grouphug:

well at least you're TRYING to be on a diet. I tried once and I was doing pretty good - I cut out chocolate and unnecessary extras like french fries...I lost like 10 pounds in 2 months.

I cut out fruits and vegetables. Didn't work. :mad:

Next Up: I'll try the High Protein, High French Fry, Low Cardiovascular diet. Hey! It's worth a shot right? :confused3

Just hanging out........popcorn:: No rush..not doing anything today except laundry and cleaning the house.

Thanks for the report. I'm in CT too! We're leaving on Tuesday morning, also flying out of Bradley. How early did you get there? We haven't flown since our honeymoon, like 4 years ago.

I can't wait! It's nice to read reports from people who are young and kid-less. I can relate a bit more.

Wednesday 3/5

We had a breakfast ressie at Boma for 8:40am but I accidentally turned off the alarm clock and fell asleep again so we didn’t even leave FQ until 8:20. We took the first bus that arrived to DHS and picked up a bus to AKL from there. We officially arrived at Boma at 9:25!!! Seriously I hate being late and you would never know it. They were still able to saet us and we had a great breakfast. I love their French toast soooo much but I was mad because I actually remembered to go get zebra domes and guess what? They didn’t freakin’ have any!!!!!

IMG_3315.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

We hopped a bus back to AK and arrived there around 10:30. We walked around Discovery Island for a little while:

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

then went and bought some pins to trade. They have a new mystery set of the main Disney Characters dressed as other Disney Characters and they are all riding some form of carousel horse…. So for example, they have Mickey and Minnie as Bert and Mary Poppins on their carousel horses from the movie, but then they have Clarabelle as Ariel riding a seahorse. The set is really cute and I had them all but one: Stitch as the Headless Horseman on a black stallion. So after searching all week, I finally found it! I was soo excited! Seriously…nerd.

Oh don’t I wish….

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

After our detour through Nerd-Ville we went and got FP’s for the safari….Look at the cute babies we saw on our way to the KS Fastpass kiosks!

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

then went back to Asia to walk through Maharajah Jungle Trek one more time…and this time I had plenty of camera memory!

IMG_3361.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3378-1.jpg

Our return time for KS wasn’t until 1:25pm and we were able to get another FP at 12:10 so we picked up a pair at EE. At this point Lumar was starting to get hungry again (keep in mind at this point it’s been about 3 hours since we ate breakfast). So all he wants to eat is chicken strips. We hadn’t eaten them all week (yay us!) but now he was craving them so we walked back to Mr. Kamal’s and guess what? CLOSED. I scour the map and nowhere else in AK has chicken strips (that we can see) so I finally convinced him to go to Yak & Yeti counter service with me. We both had the Crispy Honey Chicken and pork egg rolls. YUMMY!!! I wish I had some right now….

While we were sitting there eating, we made friends with a little squirrely roaming about. He came right under our table and Lumar got to pet him! How come HE always gets to pet the wild animals? First it was a wild bunny when we came on our December trip and now a squirrel?? Yes, only strange animal people like me would be jealous of this. It’s OK, you can make fun of me.

IMG_3393.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg

photopass3-1.jpg

We finished eating at 1pm and we were going to go out to RPW but there was a 20 minute wait for the train! I have NEVER seen a WAIT for Rafiki’s Planet Watch! What the heck??? So instead we just walked back to the Mombasa Marketplace walked around for a little while (I found a couple really nice t-shirts in there that I liked but alas, they didn’t have them in a size that was appropriate for my proportions so we left (some of us pouting and this time it wasn’t Lumar) and headed back to KS. We had another pretty good ride but the lions were still being bums so I didn’t get any good pics of them.

IMG_3410.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

Look closely – you can actually see the cheetah!! It really does exist!

IMG_3406.jpg

After the safari we went back to EE for our 1:45 return time and then went to Dinoland and played someone of the midway games. We didn’t win a single game! Those little kids are SERIOUS!!! They beat me at the Whack-A-Mole game by 10 points every time!

Around 3:30 we decided to leave and go to DTD for the rest of the night. We stopped at FQ and dropped off some of our stuff and got to DTD around 5:30, opting to eat dinner at Earl’s. OMG I seriously I love this place. I had just ham and mayo but that combined with freshly toasted bread…. I wish I had some of THAT right now…

After dinner, I wanted to go to the Pearl Factory and pick a pearl. Conveniently, they don’t tell you how much the setting are until AFTER you kill the oyster…and ALL of their setting are gold, white gold, or platinum so I almost choked when she totaled me up at $160!! I thought Lumar was going to kill me but I seriously had no idea it was going to cost so much. Although to be honest, it was a good deal. The pearl alone is worth between $65-$80 and the setting is white gold and comes with a lifetime warranty, unlike the settings they have in the Japan store which are sterling silver and do not have a warranty. Oh and check out what I found in World of Disney – Yes, it’s a t-shirt!

IMG_3415.jpg

We decided to stop in the Art of Disney Store and once again, browse through the artwork that we couldn’t afford with Donald Trump’s money. They actually had an artist there do sketches so I had him draw Lumar a Jedi Mickey, personalized for his 24th birthday, and Lumar had the artist (Gene) draw me Simba. I also picked up a previously drawn Thumper sketch. We spent like 2 hours there, just talking to Gene and watching him draw. He showed us a lot of the personal stuff he was working on, and he told us about all the cool Disney projects he worked on (like the Haunted Mansion, and some stuff at Univeral too).

We stayed until about 10 of 11 and then headed back to the bus stop where we only had to wait like 30 seconds for a bus. We were so tired we didn’t even watch Power Rangers that night…we literally passed out around midnight. My feet hurt sooo bad! Blisters suck!

Chicken Strips..Apple Juice...Water....seems like AK needs to do something...

You got some great pix of the animals.....:thumbsup2

I love Earls but never want to wait...how long did you have to wait?

Blisters suck.....

Gorgeous pics:cheer2: :banana:
What are those big white oval things on the ground near the rhino?
Is that Spanish on the T........si?

great pics and update.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I love the safari. I have seen the cheetah before, never the lions. :mad:

Just hanging out........popcorn:: No rush..not doing anything today except laundry and cleaning the house.

I finally got ALL of my laundry washed on Saturday. I still had clothes in the suitcase that needed to be washed. Now guess where it all is? Yup – stacked in laundry baskets waiting to be put away…. I hate doing laundry :laundy:

Hello, just posting to say I love reading your TR! I hope the update comes soon! :goodvibes

:wave: Thanks! :welcome:

Thanks for the report. I'm in CT too! We're leaving on Tuesday morning, also flying out of Bradley. How early did you get there? We haven't flown since our honeymoon, like 4 years ago.

I can't wait! It's nice to read reports from people who are young and kid-less. I can relate a bit more.

Ugh, I hate it here :sad2: It’s too cold and too boring. I wish I could take all my friends with me and just move to Florida! Have a great time on your trip! I’m insanely jealous! I wish I could go back! Where are you guys staying?

Chicken Strips..Apple Juice...Water....seems like AK needs to do something...

You got some great pix of the animals.....:thumbsup2

I love Earls but never want to wait...how long did you have to wait?

Blisters suck.....

Mr. Kamal’s was the only place we knew of that had chicken strips and I don’t know if it’s closed permanently or if they are refurbing the building but it was not in service that day. Thankfully we both really liked Yak & Yeti so it wasn’t a huge issue but they should have more places around that sell water and juice. They have an ice cream cart every 5 feet but nothing to drink with it?

And thanks for the compliment on my pics! I LOVE my camera with all my heart! It's the greatest thing ever! :lovestruc

do they have any disney-ish pearl settings?

Nope – and none at the one in the Japan Pavilion either. I always said that they should have some too but no one ever listens to me! :mad: :confused3

Gotta love that t-shirt ...
I know! I couldn’t believe it! Lumar was like “that’s how you know the Big Wigs surf The DIS! :rotfl2:

Gorgeous pics:cheer2: :banana:
What are those big white oval things on the ground near the rhino?
Is that Spanish on the T........si?

Those are ostrich eggs…don’t know if they are real or props although we did see some ostriches sitting on real ones on our first AK day. :thumbsup2 They were so close to the truck, I swear I never knew how big those things are!

I got it..........."Please stand clear of the door."
What do I win?:rotfl:

Ummm… ;)

great pics and update.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I love the safari. I have seen the cheetah before, never the lions. :mad:

I always get a glimpse of the cheetah but I can never get a picture. The lions are up and about every once in a while…I’ve found that if you take a really late safari they are more active.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter