Two more sleeps, what am I forgetting?

nikithepill

Earning My Ears
I have just about everything packed, what are your last minute items or things you wished you had not forgotten?

I wear glasses, first time I forgot my cleaner and wipes and I'm a habitual glass lens toucher....I can't help myself, I need to make sure they're there. Doesn't matter that I can actually see so obviously I'm wearing them, touch to confirm.
Oh thank you for this. We leave for vacation in two weeks, I'll pack some wipes in my bag now.

I just got back from my trip and honestly I wish I packed a roll of toilet paper 😂 I didn't realize Disney has the worst TP ever.
When we stayed at the Poly a couple years ago my then 18 year old son was shocked by the low quality TP. So yeah good TP is a must.

Blister / boo boo kit.

Don't be like me and think you won't get blisters.

I'm on my feet all day long in work boots in some very tough environments. My watch says I average over 17,000 steps a day so I'm very used to the kind of distances you travel at Disney so I thought my feet were gonna be ok and there was definitely no way I was getting any kind of blisters.

My tennis shoes are very good shoes (one pair of new balance 840s and the other are Hoka Bondis) and I've had them both long enough that they are well broken in... And I still got massive blisters.

I honestly believe it was the cheap moisture wicking socks I wore but it could also be the speed at which you are constantly moving at WDW and the fact that it's all hard/paved surface.

Either way, I had a blister the size of a 50 cent piece on the ball of my right foot and another the size of my thumb on the side of my left foot. It sucked. We drive our own vehicle to WDW so I was able to go to Walgreens and get what I needed to fix my feet but I wish I would have had the stuff readily available when I needed it.

It is now a permanent part of my vacation check list.

Extension cord for charging ALL your devices - found it very helpful earlier this month.
I also order a bottle of handsoap when I do my instacart/walmart order because I hate using bar soap.
Pop up hamper for dirty clothes if you don't like living out of your suitcase.

First aid kid, complete with tylenol, tums, immodium... whatever else you think you or someone else in your party might need. I always pack those things as a precaution and have been so happy to have them on hand in a pinch.
Make sure that there is cold medication and some cough drops in the kit as well. I caught the fever and chills flu a few years ago and didn’t leave my room at WL for three days. Fortunately I had enough meds with me that I could get by until I felt well enough to get out of bed (I was on a solo trip, but it’s just as important for families).

Double check to make sure you have all your stuff. I just got back from WDW, and I had my charging cables in two drawstring bags where I was loading my suitcases. One bag got left behind at home, but I had a duplicate in the other bag which I had packed for another device so I was okay. If I hadn’t packed a duplicate, I would have had to buy one if I could. I did the same thing with socks one trip. I had them all laying right beside the suitcase and somehow managed to not pack a single pair! I did have to buy some socks. I understand how the cable thing happened, as the second bag slid underneath something and I didn’t see it. I still don’t know how the sock thing happened, but I always double check socks and underwear now when packing.

Portable charger. Make sure you have all the cords for all devices if you are traveling with multiples. Two pair of good walking shoes/sneakers in case one pair get wet. Blister band-aids and some sort of pain reliever, I can recommend Dual Action Advil if it's something you can take.

I did the same thing with socks one trip. I had them all laying right beside the suitcase and somehow managed to not pack a single pair!

This happened to me on a weeklong work trip with PANTS. Of all the things to set aside and forget to pack! I ended up with only one set of work-appropriate bottoms for the entire trip, along with what I had worn on the plane. It was a long time ago and I was too embarrassed to tell anyone that I needed a trip to a store (several of us were sharing one rental car), so I just made do. Older, more assertive me would have handled it far better!

Just got back from my one day FARTs trip, don't be like me and mistake a tube of hand sanitizer as your sunscreen......I thought it was packed but oh no it was hand sanitizer the whole time. :sad2: So double check it! Don't just look, see a tube and be like oh I already packed it yay for me.

Ponchos, light windbreaker/jacket just in case of early/late night breeze?

Also, we just learned that UV umbrella is a life saver! A couple of Disney vloggers we follow used them their last couple trips and they said it saved them from being exhausted from the heat. I know it will look strange when you're holding an umbrella while it's bright sunny 90 degrees, but if it saves me from the heat and I can go on my day feeling more comfortable. Sure! Bring on that weird look from others! :laughing: We actually bought one for our upcoming trip! 🌂😄

Last edited:
A pacifier if you have a little one who uses it. 3 AM Walmart visits are not fun 😂

Ponchos, light windbreaker/jacket just in case of early/late night breeze?

Also, we just learned that UV umbrella is a life saver! A couple of Disney vloggers we follow used them their last couple trips and they said it saved them from being exhausted from the heat. I know it will look strange when you're holding an umbrella while it's bright sunny 90 degrees, but if it saves me from the heat and I can go on my day feeling more comfortable. Sure! Bring on that weird look from others! :laughing: We actually brought one for our upcoming trip! 🌂😄
UV umbrellas are a serious game changer, especially at DHS where it seems like so many lines are in exposed sun.

UV umbrellas are a serious game changer, especially at DHS where it seems like so many lines are in exposed sun.

Glad someone else uses them! 👍🏼 Yeah waiting in line directly under the 🌞 just brutal! But I think at Epcot it will be very helpful too. Not much shade in that park!

Forgetting the nightlight did not go well. And SUNSCREEN. It's February, but mom says you still need sunscreen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter