Two days without tickets. What to do?

This afternoon, I was invited to stay with friends at Disney later this year, so now I'm planning to change my ticket (just mine--not my whole family's) to an AP and getting the TIW card. Perhaps it just makes sense at this point to ditch the dining plan (I already did the math--the savings would be higher with the TIW card vs. the dining plan) and add the tickets onto the first two days of the reservation at POR and convert the original reservation to a room-only... Do you think that makes the most sense rather than get possibly stuck without tickets for 2 days?

I have an AP and got TIW. I will have 2 trips on it, and I think it is good. I also think that the dining plan is not worth it! The only advantage I see is that you pay in advance for all your meals, so you don't have a big credit card surprise when you get home. You could do this on your own and set aside your food budget $ on a debit card or cash to use exclusively when on vacation. I also think you eat better when you are not on the DDP, and it is just easier on the travel mind - less calculating how many entitlements you have left. We used the DDP 2x when it first came out and it was a good deal. Disney has smartened up and made it more profitable for them.
Have a great trip!

I much prefer using TiW card vs DDP. I like ordering exactly what I want rather than what DDP covers. I think you'll be able to use TiW card at POR food court. It is good at POFQ because they don't have a TS but folks have often reported being able to use it at POR too.

Will you buy a premium AP so you can go to water parks?

Was not able to use TIW at POR food court in August.
POR is a great resort- we loved it! So pretty!

Would your TA be annoyed if you ditched the package completely? Buy your AP, check out AP room only rates and ticket prices separately and compare the two. Oh I forgot, are you far enough out that there would be no cancellation fee?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter