Twin Sisters on the Fantasy - Eastern Caribbean

At the end of dinner, we got a selection of candies and a box of chocolates. Well, we were both too full at this point to eat them, so they kindly wrapped them up for us. We each got a red rose as we left and a small vase with water in it was waiting for us when we got back in our room. Eating at Remy's was wonderful and we both enjoyed ourselves. We turned in for the night with our latest towel animal.

Next up: St. Martin, the spa adventure and Pirates who turn in early lol.

I probably won't get to upload pictures again until Monday, so have a great weekend and enjoy reading what I've posted so far while I enjoy reading yours!:)

Enjoying your report....the food at Remy looks really good....not sure if we are going to do it or not....still thinking about it.

Thanks so much for sharing your report and your pictures. It looks like you and your sister had a wonderful time. And I LOVE all of your formal night dresses! Do you mind if I ask where you bought them???

Fantastic photos. Thank you so much for sharing them! It looks like you had a great cruise. I'd like to cruise on the Fantasy more than ever now!

St. Martin - Day 3

So on Day 3 we arrived at St. Martin. The weather started off a little overcast, but never rained. We were going on the "Sea and See" excursion tour...a half submarine boat tour to see fishes and coral and then a bus "tour" of the french side of the island with a "shopping" stop in Marigot. Turns our the tour had its good and bad parts lol.

Got up early to meet in the Tube for our excursion. While walking there. we took some shots of St. Martin from deck 4:

the dock

On the way to the tube, we made a quick restroom stop:

Waiting in the tube for our excursion to begin:

Our group and the Butterfly farm group were both meeting in the Tube. You went up with your key card, your excursion ticket and photo id (passport or drivers license) for any members or you party over 18. I felt bad for some elderly people as they had forgot to bring photo ids and had to go back to the room to get them...I think this happened with other people on the St. Thomas excursion too, so remember...photo ids if you're over 18!

Then, depending on which excursion you were booked on, you got stickers (we got red Donald stickers). These stickers corresponded with picture on padels that your guides held up. Our excursion wasn't too crowded..about a bus full of people. So we followed out paddles and disembarked:

Our bus driver was "Angel Gabriel" and our guide was "Chanel #5." They were nice, but the bus tour of the island wasn't really anything. Some parts of the island weren't very nice. There was one part where you stopped for a scenic overview for 5 minutes and were allowed to get off the bus and take pictures, but we really didn't feel like it. The neat part was the sub. We drove to the dock and got on the boat. Now, we don't have any pictures of the sub part with the fish as it was hard to get pictures, but we saw lots of cool fish and coral.

Here are some pics at the dock and on the boat before we went underneath to the viewing area:

We saw a bunch of children swimming when we got there...turns out it was their gym class!

I enjoyed the sub. Then we were driven to Marigot and given an hour to shop. Overall, it was very touristy and DS and I went into one shop where I got a pendant and DS got a rum sampler for Mom and Dad. It was kind of boring, so we went into this little cafe and got banana smoothees.

They were really good...better than the one I had on the ship. It was nice to get away from the touristy shops and crowds for a bit. Then it was time to get back on the bus. We were given an option of getting off in Phillipsburg for more shopping (you had to get your own transportation back). Only one family decided to get off. Overall, it was kind of "meh", I did enjoy the boat but nothing else was really special.

Back on the ship, we had lunch at Royal Court again:

smoked salmon

Bruschetta

Pulled Pork sandwich

Apricot tart

We went ahead and changed into out Pirate t-shirts for Pirate night.
This afternoon's entertainment was Iron Man 3. Neither one of us wanted to see it, so we had a lot of time to kill before our dinner at 8:15.

So we chose to first go to the adult pool. It was nice, a few people but not too crowded. I liked Satellite Falls, even though the misting was not turned on. We also got to finally ride the Aquaduck ...twice. Its true what they say about riding it on port days...it really wasn't crowded at all and very little wait.

Then we finally hit the rainforest room. First we tried out the showers with the colored light, scents and sounds. Some of those showers were cold!!!
I think I liked the "water fun" one the best. Then we went to the heated lounge chairs and the jacuzzi. They were relaxing and the jacuzzi had a lovely view of the island (only broken up by the window washer coming by...but at least he was quick!).

Still had lots of time to kill, so we decided we wanted to peak into the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Didn't exactly get to do so as two family members seemed to be in the middle of a heated arguement outside the door to it, but we did get to take pictures of the decorations outside it:

Then we finally finished up the Muppet Detective game and solved the case of the missing props:

I called him later :-)

While we were out, we saw Mickey in his Caribbean shirt, so we stopped to get a picture:

Hmmm...bases on our t-shirts this may have been another day. Oh well lol. I remember Mickey pointing to my t-shirt. I explained that it was a Doctor Who t-shirt. Mickey scratched his head and shrugged his shoulders. Guess Mickey isn't a big Doctor Who fan :-)

Pirate Night:
We already had our pirate outfits on (ok, pirate t-shirts) so we got some pictures with the characters in their pirate garb:

Dinner was in Enchanted Garden and (after two nights of fancy dining) finally got to see out table mates again,

the headband was not worn for long

pot stickers

pineapple with coconut

chilled watermelon soup

beef short ribs

dessert sampler

banana crepes

Now, after this long day we were tired. Did the pirate party sound like fun? Sure. Was it for us? Not really. So we skipped it. Yes, we skipped the fireworks. I know, I know. But we had a really early day tomorrow for St. Thomas so we decided to head to bed. I know my limits lol.

Next: Rainy Day Snorkeling in St. Thomas

I told her she had to do it...quick, before our server come back!

:lmao:[/QUOTE]

I totally would have done that too!! Now I'm even more excited about our Honeymoon cruise in August when we go to Remy! I can't wait to have antics of my own! Loving the trip report. Looks like you gals had a magical time! :thumbsup2

Day 4 - St. Thomas

We got up super early for our excursion. We were leaving at 7:45 and doing the Captain Nautica's Snorkeling expedition, so we both had to get showers and load up on the sunscreen before we met in D Lounge.

Having gotten our blue stickers, we headed off the boat. We had a very short walk to the Power Boats and met our captain and first mate Meghan.

DS and I both wear glasses, so before the trip I got a prescription mask and my own snorkel (DS had gotten one when she went to Grand Cayman) so all we needed was the fins. Meghan did a good job of picking the right size out for us.

On the way there, I was a little annoyed that the boat would bounce so much. If the boat hit a wave, you could really get some air time and landing back on your behind hurt! However, we did get to the snorkeling sites fast and I would be grateful for the speed of our boat later on.

On the way out there, the clouds had started gathering (no lightning, thank goodness). By the time we got to out first spot, the heavens had opened up.
I quickly became wet and freezing and we hadn't even gotten into the water yet. The captain decided to go over to our second snorkeling spot first. So we got into the water at Shipwreck Cove.

Both DS and I were really nervous about slipping on the outside, inflatable part of the boat (you sat down on it and slid into the water from there). But we both made it into the water without incident. Didn't see any shipwreck, but did see lots of fish and even a barracuda.

After about an hour, we got back in the boat and went over to turtle cove. Saw 3 sea turtles! No pictures...we didn't feel like messing with our underwater camera - we decided to save that for when we snorkeled at Castaway Cay.

I did have a bit of an embarrassing incident ...I went to clear my mask and my snorkel came off. I wouldn't have cared except, well I paid for it and was going to need it on Castaway Cay. So after debating whether or not to ask, I asked the Captain if he could dive down and get it for me. He asked, "Did it cost a lot". Umm, well 20 dollars. But he did dive down and get it for me.

It was fun seeing the fish and the turtles and Meghan was nice. The Captain kind of annoyed me at first, but he did get my snorkel back:thumbsup2

By the time we were half way through our dive at Turtle Cove, the area started filling up with other boats...lots of other boats. And the heavens had opened up again, raining harder than before. It was way warmer in the water than out of it.

This is where my feelings started to change about our boat. It did not rock as fast as the other boats I saw in Turtle cove (the pirate ship one was really bobbing back and forth) and we were a lot quicker getting back into port than the other boats (which is good when you're being pelted by cold rain). All in all, it was a good excursion which I probably would have enjoyed more if the weather had been better and if I wasn't nervous about my first time snorkeling.

We got back to the Fantasy and took nice, warm showers. I was grateful to be back on the boat as the weather had steadily worsened. I felt sorry for the people with afternoon excursions.

Bridgecan from our tv:

It between one of the rain bands we took some pictures on deck and the headed for a nice hot lunch at Royal Court.

Pointing out Dopey:

Lobster Ravioli

Some type of hummus...DS didn't like it very much

Chilled coconut/pineapple soup

My seafood risotto (after I had already started on it)

The famous Royal Court Breadbaskets

Coconut cream pie

We were still kind of cold, so before the show, we went up to the Cove cafe to get some hot tea. I had Harmony and DS had Masala Black Chai...I tried hers and liked it a lot better...when we were at Vista Cafe I got one of those for myself. We also took some rainy pictures of the adult pool and more of the view of St. Thomas..we were right by the dock, so we saw lots of boats coming and going, even a few coast guard boats doing excercises.

my tea and a little pre-show snack;)

The Kon Tiki Party Barge sailing away

The Misty Mountains? No, just St. Thomas;)

This was the only day the boat was late sailing away. Seems we were waiting on a few people (heard announcements over the ship). After about an hour from when we should have left, we sailed away from rainy St. Thomas:

Video from our room:

The show this evening was Knight Magic...an illusionist act. We really enjoyed it and if we had been able to stay up late, we would have liked to have seen their adult show.

(Oh, I forgot on Monday that in The Buena Vista Theatre, they had Rachel Hutter, an engineer who worked on Animal Kingdom as a special speaker. We thought she was really interesting).

Anyway, after the show, we fooled around taking pictures in the gift shop:

DS wanted to do a quick round of bingo before dinner:

Then onto Enchanted Garden for dinner:

Duck Quesadilla

Blue Cheese Polenta Cake

Saffron Mussel Soup

Rosemary-Scented Medallions of Lamb

Banana Bread Pudding

After dessert, we quickly left for some activities in the Tube. After winning at Disney trivia, 50's/60's trivia, and TV tunes trivia...the trivia that we really wanted to do had arrived - 80's music trivia! We got there in time to also see the POP! gameshow:

So 80's music trivia came along and we....didn't win. That's right, only 49/50, but now I'll always remember that "Tarzan Boy" was sung by Baltimora :)

The long day over with, we headed back to our rooms..looking forward to another sea day tomorrow:

Next up: A sea day and Palo Brunch!

BTW, CM Anthony gave us a fun fact about the atrium chandelier. If you take a video with your digital camera, it looks like the lights move!

VIDEO:

I MUST have those banana crepes. They look soooo delicious. :) Looking forward to your next posts. :) Thanks for the fun recount of your journeys.

Your pictures are great and your formal dresses are beautiful! Very pretty ladies...very pretty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!