Tusker house or garden grill?

deuceswild10

DIS Veteran
Hi all. Got some amazing reservations for upcoming trip in June! But we don't have is a character dining experience with Mickey and the gang. We did Tusker House in the fall and loved meeting all the characters but thought the food was just OK. Would you all recommend Tusker House or Garden Grill to meet Mickey and his friends? We don't have any ADRs for our AK day yet. We have never done Garden Grill. We could do any of the meals at Tusker House but would probably do breakfast at Garden Grill.

Thanks!

We did both on our last trip. We enjoyed both, but I thought the character interaction was better at GG. The food was comparable in quality, IMO.

I've never been to Tusker house (I have a reservation for my upcoming trip), I have been to Garden Grill though and absolutely loved the character interactions. Chip and Dale are amazing and very funny. I may even have to go again even though I already have 2 table service reservations and I'm on the quick service dining plan.

I've never been to Tusker house (I have a reservation for my upcoming trip), I have been to Garden Grill though and absolutely loved the character interactions. Chip and Dale are amazing and very funny. I may even have to go again even though I already have 2 table service reservations and I'm on the quick service dining plan.
What other characters are there besides Chip and Dale?

We went to Garden Grill a few weeks ago. The characters were so fun and came back several times.

We did breakfast at both on our last trip and are doing both again this year because they’re both awesome! If I had to pick one it would probably be GG. The character interaction was better there I thought and it was less chaotic I felt than TH.

Food is good at both (we have done both breakfast and dinner at both). Character interaction is better at GG. On average they will stop by your table 3 times during dinner and twice during breakfast.

I've never done Tusker House, but Garden Grill was AMAZING!!! The character interaction was great--they did more than just take pictures and we even saw Chip & Dale twice. I thought the food was delicious and I enjoyed the rotating platform.

Tusker House one of my favorite in all of the World.

Yes GG has better character interaction, but the food is amazing at Tusker.

Here is a tip, try to book a reservation later in the morning at Tusker so you will be able to have BOTH breakfast AND lunch.

We did that last month and the food was amazing.

Did breakfast at both in November.
GG: we thought the food was great. Sticky bun is awesome, the shared platter was huge and came out nice and hi t. We Really liked that it is family style so u don't have to get up and go to buffet. The rotating around the Land scene was really cool. Added bonus - We did a PPO breakfst at 810 and were done by 845, first in line for Soarin!

Tusker house: more food variety as it is a buffet, but I thought the GG food quality was slightly better. My kids liked characters Better here as they know Donald/daisy but weren't familiar with chip and dale. I agree with PP suggestion to try to book brunch here (1045or 11) to get both breakfast and lunch items. The lunch food was definitely better and more unique than the breakfast food.

We love Tusker House but will admit its a loud, crazy place and characters seemed rush. Garden Grill is smaller and less open so characters seem less rushed and distracted. I do find Tusker House has more food options being a buffet, but we love the breakfast options at Garden Grill. And sometimes, it's nice to not do a buffet.

Garden Grill is a great character experience, and the AYCTE family style meal is pretty good if you enjoy what they are serving (I have only done lunch and dinner, not breakfast). GG at lunch when we went in 2016 was much less crowded and the character experiences were a bit better than when we went for dinner this year.

I really liked the food options at Tusker House for lunch, but the character stuff is more of a rush.

Garden Grill is a great character experience, and the AYCTE family style meal is pretty good if you enjoy what they are serving (I have only done lunch and dinner, not breakfast). GG at lunch when we went in 2016 was much less crowded and the character experiences were a bit better than when we went for dinner this year.

I really liked the food options at Tusker House for lunch, but the character stuff is more of a rush.

We felt this way in the fall. And with little ones it might be nice for us to take a break from buffet eating.

Hi all. Got some amazing reservations for upcoming trip in June! But we don't have is a character dining experience with Mickey and the gang. We did Tusker House in the fall and loved meeting all the characters but thought the food was just OK. Would you all recommend Tusker House or Garden Grill to meet Mickey and his friends? We don't have any ADRs for our AK day yet. We have never done Garden Grill. We could do any of the meals at Tusker House but would probably do breakfast at Garden Grill.

Thanks!
GG breakfast is great. Do that since you've already done TH.

Keep in mind that you'd be seeing Farmer Mickey at Garden Grill--so cute! I've only had lunch there but I really enjoyed that meal, too.

I think you will like GG better just for the characters. We have enjoyed meals at both places. But at GG it seems the characters are not as rushed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter