Tusker House or Chef Mickey..Which one would you choose?

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
I'm having a really hard time deciding if we should eat at Chef Mickey or Tusker House?!?!?! We have been to Chef Mickey twice but have never been to Tusker House....Character meal with Mickey is a must for my 2yo. Are there are more characters at Chef Mickey? He loves them all but Mickey and Goofy are his favs:) Is Mickey and Goofy a guarantee at Tusker House? I would love to try something new and we are staying at AKV and paying OP. I figured we could have a big breakfast at Tusker and since AK closes early we could do a late dinner at our resort. We are not big eaters so I know we could get away not buying too much food there that day which would save us money. I have to figure this out b/c I need to make my ADR's;)

We live AK breakfast. We do it once or twice each trip! It has less characters but lits of fun! It's a must do for us.

I would choose Tusker House. Chef Mickey was always a must do for our family. The last time we went we all said we will never go back. We have never gone for the food but it was just gross. The floors were all stained, it reeked of vomit, the food was cold and the character interaction was not what it used to be.

Everyone in our party loved Tusker House. The food was yummy and the kids loved marching with the instruments in the character parade. It was a nice start to our Animal Kingdom day!

We have had 3 horrendous experiences at Chef Mickey's (gluttons for punishment, I guess). Never Again.

We have a reservation for Tusker House for our trip this month, so I am hoping that it is a better experience all around. :wizard:

I'm having a really hard time deciding if we should eat at Chef Mickey or Tusker House?!?!?! We have been to Chef Mickey twice but have never been to Tusker House....Character meal with Mickey is a must for my 2yo. Are there are more characters at Chef Mickey? He loves them all but Mickey and Goofy are his favs:) Is Mickey and Goofy a guarantee at Tusker House? I would love to try something new and we are staying at AKV and paying OP. I figured we could have a big breakfast at Tusker and since AK closes early we could do a late dinner at our resort. We are not big eaters so I know we could get away not buying too much food there that day which would save us money. I have to figure this out b/c I need to make my ADR's;)

Between the two, we would choose Tusker House. Tusker House has a better selection than Chef Mickey. They offer the usual breakfast fare but also some different options. We also like the characters in their Safari outfits. We find Tusker House has a more relaxed feel, even when it's really busy. We find Chef Mickey very loud, even when it doesn't seem that busy. Since you've done Chef Mickey, I'd recommend Tusker House.

Chef Mickey usually has Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Donald.

Tusker House usually has Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy.

No characters are guaranteed at any of the meals. They can get sick or have another commitment. However the characters at these meals are fairly "stable" and I haven't heard of Mickey being unable to attend a meal but I'm sure it happens.

I would choose TH any day over CM but that's just me. My experience at CM wasn't the greatest and I find the food selection at TH breakfast to be better.

Another family here who gave Chef Mickeys three tries and each was more awful then the first! We have never been to TH but it can't be any worse then CM!

Tusker House over CM, all day long. Better atmosphere, better food (by far), cleaner, quieter.....I could go on for awhile but those are the biggies for us.

I would go with Tusker House for reasons other than the food. By getting an early breakfast reservation you can be in the park early and get the Safari in early when the animals are most active. And then head over to Everest for more than one walk on ride of our fave roller coaster.

I have eaten at Tusker House and really enjoy the food. They also offer a photo package that is quite expensive but is included on the photopass +. Go with Tusker House and enjoy!

Another vote for Tusker house! Food and service were great. Kids loved the characters there and they did a fun little parade at one point with the kids. I was very disappointed in our Chef Mickey breakfast and woudn't go back. When we ate at Tusker House we did an 8am reservation to enter the park early and get a few photos, ate breakfast and headed to the Safari at park opening and walked right on.

I have yet to eat at Chef Mickeys, but I absolutely love Tusker House. It's got more "flair" in it's dishes, especially for the lunch buffet! Yum! Plus it's a way to try something new!

At Tusker I have found the following characters: Donald (outside) with Mickey, Goofy, Daisy, and sometimes we had Minnie inside as well. Characters are never guaranteed at meals, and always subject to change, but Mickey is a pretty safe bet.

I think you see that everyone loves Tusker House. It's my personal favorite. The buffet is more adult that CM bc there are more interesting dishes to choose from that just your eggs, bacon, and Mickey-shaped waffles. The jungle juice is delicious. If you make your brkfst reservations before the park opens, you get to go in the park before everyone else. Upon entering, you will get your pic taken with Donald and the pics are available for purchase. The characters when we went were Mickey, Goofy, Daisy, with Donald, of course, outside. They're all in their safari outfits and the ambience is great! Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter