Tusker House or Chef Mickey..Which one would you choose?

I would only do Tusker House if you can get in early. I would love to do it, but never have because the day at AK is so short already that I didn't want to take up 90 minutes of it with an ADR. I have heard nothing but good things about it!

I have actually never been to Chef Mickey's, so I can't comment on that (we have always stayed at Port Orleans and All Star Music, so it's not convenient), but I am returning to Disney in a few weeks after having been away for a few years. The only place in all of Disney World my kids (who are now teenagers and pre-teens) said they wanted to eat and not miss is Tusker House for breakfast. The food is good, the place is huge and the characters come around to all the tables dressed in Safari gear. They do cute parades with the kids. It seems to me that the reviews of Chef Mickey's are always bad and the reviews of Tusker House (for breakfast at least) are always good. I'd go with TH if I was in your shoes! Have fun!

PS - I haven't been there in 3 years, but last time I was there it was the same characters as someone said above - Mickey, Goofy, Daisy (and I think Minnie too), plus Donald outside.

I would go with Tusker House for reasons other than the food. By getting an early breakfast reservation you can be in the park early and get the Safari in early when the animals are most active. And then head over to Everest for more than one walk on ride of our fave roller coaster.

I have eaten at Tusker House and really enjoy the food. They also offer a photo package that is quite expensive but is included on the photopass +. Go with Tusker House and enjoy!

What is the photo package? Sorry first trip to Disney and and want some fun pictures to show the kids later. We are doing the pp+ so how do you do that?

jazzyscoob said:
I would choose Tusker House. Chef Mickey was always a must do for our family. The last time we went we all said we will never go back. We have never gone for the food but it was just gross. The floors were all stained, it reeked of vomit, the food was cold and the character interaction was not what it used to be.

Everyone in our party loved Tusker House. The food was yummy and the kids loved marching with the instruments in the character parade. It was a nice start to our Animal Kingdom day!

This!

You couldn't PAY ME to eat at CM again. I can't believe they get away serving the gross food that they do!

I tried Tusker House for the 1st time last month, and have an ADR for this month. It is now a must-do for us!

We went June 2011 was a really very decent I was a bit worried after the reviews I read but we thought the food was good.. I enjoyed the pasta, parm mash potato, chicken, salad, Mac and cheese, prime rib, & desserts..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter