Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman

pclaire

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been there in the last year or so - since its been redone? what did you think? It'll be me and my dd 10. Thanks!

I was there last October. I've never been there before, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but my two kids just loved it. It was the highlight of Grand Cayman for them -- especially holding a turtle. My DD was 5 and DS 2 at the time.

You do know that it's where turtles live until they become soup, right?

I won't go there.

it is fabulous compared to the old one. I had been at the old one, the interim one (horrible) and the new one (Great). Can't wait to go back.

Yes, some of the turtles are sold for meat, shells and skin, but they do realease a lot of turtles into the wild. They are helping to replenish the turtle population!

Sean

Thinking about doing the turtle farm on our own in June. How much is admission and how long should we plan on spending there? I imagine getting a taxi to and from is not an issue...

According to the website it is quite a bit of difference. Around $98 for the disney excursion, i thought $45-50 if you do it on your own + a 20% discount for buying tickets ahead online. I would also like to do this on our own--any opinions out there? Even if we pay the cab, its still quite a bargain.

We went to the Turtle farm during the renovations/repairs after the hurricanes in 2005. I should have done more research, because my turtle loving son (as well as the rest of us) were so sad to see turtle on the menu at the snack bar:eek: . We were oblivious to the fact that they ate them, if I had known we would not have visited, my son was really upset to learn that his favorite animal was nothing more than lunch over there! And of course that made me feel horrible:sad1: ...

We went to the turtle farm on our cruise last Dec. We had a really good time and I got a very cute photo of my youngest daughter holding one of the turtles. The kids definitely enjoyed it.

We just did it last week and had a great time. Yes, turtle soup was on the menu! Both of my kids (ages 5 & 8) had a wonderful time. We did the snorkeling after the turltles and that was great! Then we went over to their lagoon for some more swimming. By 2:00 (I think) our bus took us back to the ship, but we could have easily stayed there longer if we were on our own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter