Tulum/Dune Buggy/Jeep Adventure

SplashMountainManiac

DIS Veteran
We are sailing on the Magic next week. We are still trying to decide between three excursions for Cozumel: Tulum Mayan Ruins, Dune Buggy, Jeep Adventure. We have been to Cozumel twice before and have already explored San Miguel and been to San Gervasio. Anybody have any experience with these excursions or any suggestions for making the decisions. What is good and bad about each of the three excursions. Thanks.

Haven't done the other two, but I loved the jeep adventure. It's no longer off road so that worried me, but you visit a neat little town with shops and a scenic church while your guide tells you some Mayan history. You also visit some lovely points on the beach, have lunch, and even have some swimming (or hanging in a hammock) time. I would have done it again next week but DH is ditching me to go zip lining.

We are sailing on the Magic next week. We are still trying to decide between three excursions for Cozumel: Tulum Mayan Ruins, Dune Buggy, Jeep Adventure. We have been to Cozumel twice before and have already explored San Miguel and been to San Gervasio. Anybody have any experience with these excursions or any suggestions for making the decisions. What is good and bad about each of the three excursions. Thanks.
I have also done the jeep adventure...it was great...

we did the jeep adventure last April - my dh was concerned since he wanted to offroad. You kind of all follow each other - sometimes you feel like you're losing the group - or the person in front of you isn't going fast enough

My favorite part was the stop in the private swimming area - we stopped for lunch & some swimming. On the way back we stopped at the PePe station for souveniers. We had a good time, but I know there was 1 jeep that had problems with the seat not locking in place. The guy running it was trying to see what he could do to help - it made me feel like they really cared that we all had a good/safe time.

Dh & my boys did the Dune Buggy one a couple years ago & it was very similar instead of stopping at the Mayan temple they stayed at the private beach longer & snorkeled.

We did the Tulum ruins. It was a great trip if you are into the history stuff. Got to walk all over the ruins and had a great tour guide giving us detail about what we were seeing. The biggest negative of the day was the length of the tour. The bus ride back to the ferry, almost everyone was napping! (The ferry ride over to Playa del Carmen can be rough and should be mentioned if anyone is prone to seasickness -- can make a long day much longer!)

The tulum tour has a great little beach you can go to. You just walk down the steps. There is not a place to change your clothes, so put your suit on before you leave.

On the ferry ride, we saw swordfish jumping .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter