Trying to get to WDW

Philagoofy

<font color=purple>Guess my favorite dog!<br><font
This morning I finally decided to make our reservations for our Sept trip to WDW. I like to do it online at Disney.com, everything all at once. (I'm at work & don't want to do it over the phone, besides it's a toll call.)

So I chose everything, hotel, air, car, enter all my personal information, quick read the long terms & conditions and go to pay. Comes back that I forgot something, so I add that in, try to pay again, again I forgot something, like Ms. Mrs. Mr. Enter again, then it comes back the the flight time I chose is not available.:confused3

I go to the airline website and it looks available there still. I can't believe that the past few days it was there everytime I got quotes on Disney.com and now I'm ready to pay & all of a sudden, not available.

All day I've been trying to go back in but having problems getting very far. Finally get to the quote page, chose my hotel & it comes back that it's not available.:eek:

So now the hotel I want & the flight I was hoping for are gone? I'll keep trying but does anyone know if it ever happens where the hotel is available again for the same time period? Maybe there's some type of glitch? It did offer a comparable hotel (I wanted Pop which, as of this morning, was always available).

Just an FYI you can call Disney toll free at 800-828-0228

I would try agin. i was just on the phone with Disney Reservations and they couldn't even pull up my current reservation because they were updating their computer system. They told my to try calling back in a couple of hours.

The one thing I wouldn't order through the Disney.com site is airfare. Order it directly through the airlines website, you'll probably get a better deal. Everything else can be done on the disney site though. :thumbsup2

Everyone, thanks for the info. I didn't know Disney had a toll free number. Of course, the way my day's going I called 15 minutes after it closed.:confused3

I went back online at home & still can't get Pop or the return flight I want. I guess they ran out of rooms at the Pop for the free dining cause I tried without the free dining & rooms were available.

Maybe it's all an omen & I'm not supposed to book.:confused:

BTW, I tried looking up Airtran & USAir & believe it or not, the price from Disney is about $120.00 less.

Guess I'll try again tomorrow, wish me luck. I wouldn't mind staying at Movies again, I just really enjoyed the walk around the lake every morning, except for the eyesore that is the abandoned construction on the other side.

Jeez, I just tried All Star Movies, that's not available either. Guess it'll have to be Music.

I'd try calling tomorrow. It seems like everytime I look online, through both Disney and AAA, and the room type I want isn't available, when I call them they've got it. I wonder if they don't show rooms online when there are only a few left or something?

Hi there,

Sorry you are having such a tough go at it. i hope you have better luck soon. and no matter what happens i know you will enjoy your trip!

P.S. - Wanted to say hi to another fellow Philly Local!

Have A Magical Day!

I would also suggest trying to use a travel agent. They have resources at their disposal that may get you a sold out room with free dining that's not available through Disney. If you go to a TA ask what tour companies they use, I suggest someone that uses Gogo Vacations. Gogo (which is Liberty Travel's wholesaler) has an inventory of free dining rooms and can sometimes get you a bulk airfare rate which may be cheaper than doing it yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter