Trying To Get Lunch

adreamisawish

"And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb"
Trying to get lunch while we were at Disneyland was crazy. We had to eat at about 4:00 because the lines were so long. If you want to get a good lunch go eat early.

Ya, they always say eat before you are hungry! We tried to eat lunch at 11:00, supper at 4.
Or lunch at 11:00, snack at 3, supper at 7-8 at the hotel.

another good tip is to combine lunch with a rest/swim in your offsite lodging.There are good affordable restaurants right off of Disney property. Then return to the park for fewer crowds and a beautiful time at dusk till closing

I was at the park 12/29--1/1. Of course it was ridiculously crowded, but I hadn't thought about how hard it would be to get some food! The first day, after trying to wait in a couple of lines that didn't move, I ended up going to Blue Bayou. They were booked up, but since I was by myself they worked me in (it was about 1:30 or 2:00). It wasn't cheap, but I had a great meal (pork tenderloin) and it kept me from passing out from hunger! :crazy2: After that, I took a sandwich and a couple of snacks with me each day so if hunger struck at an inopportune time I'd be covered. I wondered if I'd have trouble getting in with food, but no one who checked my bag at the gate took it away from me, and I didn't try to hide it.

Judy from Boise said:
another good tip is to combine lunch with a rest/swim in your offsite lodging.There are good affordable restaurants right off of Disney property. Then return to the park for fewer crowds and a beautiful time at dusk till closing

Just note that if the park reaches capacity, even with your hand stamp, you won't be able to get back in.

I guess this was general advice....all bets are off if your talking Christmas, New years etc!

adreamisawish said:
Trying to get lunch while we were at Disneyland was crazy. We had to eat at about 4:00 because the lines were so long. If you want to get a good lunch go eat early.

When were you there? We went just yesterday (Saturday). Arrived at 12:30 PM and the kids said I am hungry. We headed to the Carnation Cafe without any reservations. We only had to wait a minute for them to get a table ready and we were seated immediately. We didn't eat anywhere else in the park that day but this short wait surprised me. Maybe you will get lucky depending on the time you go.

We were there 12/16-12/29 when the parks were at capacity. Could not even get popcorn without a 30 minute wait, let alone lunch. It was crazy! After the first day, we ate early (11am and still had a wait). :earsgirl:

It was quite ok to get food when we went there 01.14.06.

Crowd is there but we didn't find anything to stress about that day.

When we were there in August, if we stayed away from the traditional times, there was no problem with finding something to eat. Max wait we had was about 5 min. Since our days started at 0500, 1100 worked real well for lunch and 1600 for dinner. One would at least be lighter meal. Worked well for us. The kids were constantly eating if they did not have to wait.

Jack pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter