trying to find Kevin's Ohana review

dec2901

Mouseketeer
For some reason, I have in my head that Kevin has reviewed Ohana's but I cannot find it on any of the podcast that I have.

If you can either give me a summary of the review or the date of the podcast I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

I'd actually like to find all of his reviews. I had my apprehensions about my ADR to WCC and after the podcast, I have decided I'd rather go elsewhere, but I'm having trouble deciding. I think Kevin does a very thorough job reviewing the restaurants and would really like to hear more.

Although, on this(7/17) podcast, he seemed to rip Ohana's and that was our favorite of 9 restaurants that we tried during last fall's visit. I still feel he's pretty fair and objective, pointing out the pluses and minuses. He actually has me wanting to try the Norwegian place, but DW won't have any of it. sigh.

I remember hearing Kevins review of Ohana and he did rip it apart. Our family enjoys eating there and it is a part of our trip to WDW everytime now. He has a right to express his likes/dislikes. But I wouldnt solely base my decision to eat there or not on his or any one persons word. Go to the restaurant boards where you will get a fair amount of feedback on just about any restaurant in the World. Then make your decision.

:goodvibes I have always stated that these are my opinions and that everyone should make their own decisions based on their experiences.:goodvibes

I remember hearing Kevins review of Ohana and he did rip it apart. Our family enjoys eating there and it is a part of our trip to WDW everytime now. He has a right to express his likes/dislikes. But I wouldnt solely base my decision to eat there or not on his or any one persons word. Go to the restaurant boards where you will get a fair amount of feedback on just about any restaurant in the World. Then make your decision.
:thumbsup2 true, true. BUT, one benefit of a local is that they have visited more recently than most of us "tourists". While the food may have been just fine during a trip a year or two ago, it may have gone downhill since then. I found a great wealth of info on the dining board - I just searched for the restaurant I was considering and got way more than one opinion for it!

:goodvibes Stacy

:goodvibes I have always stated that these are my opinions and that everyone should make their own decisions based on their experiences.:goodvibes

Thank you...
Not that I don't value your opinion, but I take it with a grain of salt as I would any other person on the dis.
My family adores WCC while you disliked it. For us with our kids it is almost as much about the fun of it as it is the food, that we didn't have any issues with (although it was not the best meal we have ever eaten).

I hate when I see people change ADR's or something becasue of a bad review. Now if you were talking the place was dirty and rodent infested...please cancel, but not becasue someone else didn't like it.

There is also another way of looking at it...

Let's say I read a certain movie reviewer's column regularly and I usually agree with his / her assessment...I am more likely to give creedance to his / her opinion in the future because I believe a certain amount of credibility comes with a proven track record. I would be more likely to believe someone who's opinion I have tested as opposed to a random opinion.

I also look at restaurants differently than you do. you stated "it is almost as much about the fun of it as it is the food." I dont believe that. I think restaurants are about the food. Dont get me wrong....I love having a good time in a restaurant...but I go to a restaurant for the food. I can find much less expensive entertainment then what it cost for 4 of us to sit in the Whispering Canyon Cafe for 2 hours. It worked out to about $15.00 per hour per person and we still had to find something decent to eat.

I consider what I do a form of entertainment, but again....these are my opinions. I think you should all make your own decisions.

Kevin

:thumbsup2 true, true. BUT, one benefit of a local is that they have visited more recently than most of us "tourists". While the food may have been just fine during a trip a year or two ago, it may have gone downhill since then. I found a great wealth of info on the dining board - I just searched for the restaurant I was considering and got way more than one opinion for it!

:goodvibes Stacy

I hope no one, including Kevin, took my post the wrong way. There was no intended disrespect aimed towards him. I merely believe we should base our decisions upon what several say, not just one. I value the opinions expressed by Kevin and all others here on the DIS.

I hope no one, including Kevin, took my post the wrong way. There was no intended disrespect aimed towards him. I merely believe we should base our decisions upon what several say, not just one. I value the opinions expressed by Kevin and all others here on the DIS.

Hi jimmytammy, I did not think you meant any disrespect in your post.

Hey Kevin, what do you think about my above suggestion - having a guide with links or an index that shows what restaurants you have reviewed? The ones I know of are Ohana's, Narcosse's, and Whispering Canyon. Are there any others? Thanks for the reviews.

I think it's a great idea. When Corey comes back from his trip, I will ask him to look into it.

I did not take anything anyone has said as being disrespectful, not did I mean to be disrepectful in return. I just took it as an ongoing conversation.

Off the top of my head...I remember Chef Mickey's, The Norway Pavillion, Coral Reef....I'm sure I'll think of others.

There's another one coming Tuesday.

Thanks,
Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter