trying to combine four people's credits on SW into two?

emmabelle

Crazy cat lady who loves Disney
I now have three different travel funds confirmation numbers.

1. for 147.52
2. for 40.00
3. for 40.00

The tickets were originally for me, my husband, my son and my daughter. Only me and my husband want to fly in January, but each of those three credits is now broken down further into four individual credits. So SW will only let me use one credit towards two new one way tickets for the flight down. So in turn, I'll only be allowed to use one of the $40 credits for the flight home, so I'm going to end up eating one of the $40 credits. Is there anyway around this? I'm guessing no. ;)

If I'm understanding correctly, your credits are broken down into a total of 12 credits (each of the above 3 credits is actually made up of 4 credits, 1 per traveller meaning 4@$36.88 and 8@$10.00). If this is correct then you can use them all as long as you book you and your husband on separate confirmation numbers and your departure and return flights are also on separate confirmation numbers.

When you go to pay for each purchase, click on the apply travel funds button and enter one of the confirmation numbers with a name from the itinerary. You can apply 3 of the individual credits and then pay for the rest using a credit card. Repeat for the other 3 purchases. Using 3 credits per purchase that means using 12 credits which is what you have.

I did this for our June flights because I also had 12 credits because of 4 travellers with 3 price drops. It worked just fine.

I believe it's in February when they're supposed to start tying the credits to the actual passengers.

If I'm understanding correctly, your credits are broken down into a total of 12 credits (each of the above 3 credits is actually made up of 4 credits, 1 per traveller meaning 4@$36.88 and 8@$10.00). If this is correct then you can use them all as long as you book you and your husband on separate confirmation numbers and your departure and return flights are also on separate confirmation numbers.

that's exactly what I do have. I'll have to try it the way that you're explaining it. thanks! :thumbsup2

Thanks for your help clanmcculloch! I did it and it worked! I would have never figured that out on my own. :rotfl:

I'm glad it worked for you! They sure don't make it easy to use all the credits, but at least they offer them.

One thing you'll need to note is that if you get any price reductions on your flights, the new credits will expire on the same day as the credits you just used.

I'm excited because I was able to get $69 from MHT for Jan. 5th. Now I have to wait and see what the return flight will cost since the window is only open until Jan. 7th and of course I want to go for more than two nights! :rotfl2:

That's GREAT that you were able to take advantage of those rates when they showed up. Unfortunately I like to fly the same dates and even the same times as most people so I'm stuck with the high priced fares. I'm waiting anxiously for the President's Day week flights to open up and I know the ones I want will go up in price VERY quickly because of ME, NH and MA all having the same break this year (I hear some parts of NH are 1st week of March but everybody I know here in NH has the last week of Feb which is also President's Day week). I'm nervous because I'll be in the middle of DHS when fares open up and I don't have a web enabled phone. I've got some figuring out to do.

That's GREAT that you were able to take advantage of those rates when they showed up. Unfortunately I like to fly the same dates and even the same times as most people so I'm stuck with the high priced fares. I'm waiting anxiously for the President's Day week flights to open up and I know the ones I want will go up in price VERY quickly because of ME, NH and MA all having the same break this year (I hear some parts of NH are 1st week of March but everybody I know here in NH has the last week of Feb which is also President's Day week). I'm nervous because I'll be in the middle of DHS when fares open up and I don't have a web enabled phone. I've got some figuring out to do.

Airlines totally rake you over the coals for Feb and April school vacation. :eek: We've only been to Disney once during a school vacation, which was the April one. We had to take layovers, with Delta. On the way home we almost missed our connection because the plane was circling over Atlanta for like 45 minutes. Ughhh...I hate flights with connections, I avoid them at all costs. :rotfl2:

My younger child is entering college in September, so no more school vacation weeks for us! Yay! We could all go in January if we wanted to, but the almost 21 yr old and 18 year old have opted to stay home. Don't know if I like that idea, even though I'll save alot of money if they do. :thumbsup2;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter