Trusted Traveler line?

Best strategy if you want to avoid lines is to go to disembark right when they make the announcement. We headed down at 7:20 and were one of the first to leave after the express walk off group, and had zero wait at customs.

Our last cruise out of Port Canavaeral was on Royal and it was the fastest embarkation and debarkation we have experienced in all of our cruises. - no lines at all for either. After security (they had several xray machines open) we proceeded upstairs to the check in area where our passports were scanned using an iPad type tablet by one of the many check in agents standing around the area and we were on our way on board. At debarkation there were two lines you were directed to - one for those with passports and one for those with birth certificates. We had our passports and we basically just walked up to the facial recognition machine where we had to stop, look directly at it, and were on our way.

We hadn’t experienced any of that before and haven’t sailed DCL out of Port Canaveral in a couple of years - have they gotten that technology since?

Our last cruise out of Port Canavaeral was on Royal and it was the fastest embarkation and debarkation we have experienced in all of our cruises. - no lines at all for either. After security (they had several xray machines open) we proceeded upstairs to the check in area where our passports were scanned using an iPad type tablet by one of the many check in agents standing around the area and we were on our way on board. At debarkation there were two lines you were directed to - one for those with passports and one for those with birth certificates. We had our passports and we basically just walked up to the facial recognition machine where we had to stop, look directly at it, and were on our way.

We hadn’t experienced any of that before and haven’t sailed DCL out of Port Canaveral in a couple of years - have they gotten that technology since?
I was soooo amazed at the Royal terminal. They do raise the bar with embarkation and debarkation. They have 12 xray machines (that I counted), DCL has 2. We were on board, after entering the door to the terminal, in less than ten minutes. Debarkation, no issues, no line. Last DCL cruise we took, or debarkation was almost an hour. Took close to 30 minutes just to get off the ship.

I was soooo amazed at the Royal terminal. They do raise the bar with embarkation and debarkation. They have 12 xray machines (that I counted), DCL has 2. We were on board, after entering the door to the terminal, in less than ten minutes. Debarkation, no issues, no line. Last DCL cruise we took, or debarkation was almost an hour. Took close to 30 minutes just to get off the ship.
I've done two RCCL cruises, but it was a long time ago. Then, they had a system on board for debarkation where those with earlier flights got priority exiting. Do they still do that? Actually, to date, Disney is the only cruise line I have been on that used the cattle call debarkation system. I really disliked it.

I've done two RCCL cruises, but it was a long time ago. Then, they had a system on board for debarkation where those with earlier flights got priority exiting. Do they still do that? Actually, to date, Disney is the only cruise line I have been on that used the cattle call debarkation system. I really disliked it.
I'd love to be able to answer this for you however we don't make early flights so I have never paid that much attention. We just walk off when we are ready and have never had the issues we have had with DCL. Never a line up and no stress. Also, full disclosure, our last RCCL was out of Miami and it was even easier. We had the new terminal and it is gorgeous.
We did PC with Royal in 2017 and 2018 but never had the embarkation, debarkation issues that DCL has. Not that DCL is bad, its just not as up to date electronically as RCCL which in itself is rather surprising. I also think when DCL built their terminal they didn't plan for the bigger ships, no forward thinking. Gong from 2500 guests to 4000 is a game changer.

I don't think any of the ports have Global Entry/Trusted Traveller lines yet. I know PC does not :(

Attachments

• A24CC58E-2111-4E8D-8904-7C9A7AD1046D.jpeg
    A24CC58E-2111-4E8D-8904-7C9A7AD1046D.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 23
I don't think any of the ports have Global Entry/Trusted Traveller lines yet. I know PC does not :(

Global Entry is available at Port Everglades, but they don't have the electronic terminals like in airports. You have to have the physical card to be able to get in the GE line.

Global Entry is available at Port Everglades, but they don't have the electronic terminals like in airports. You have to have the physical card to be able to get in the GE line.

Is that Miami's port or Ft Lauderdale?

One of the best $50 (per adult) I spent was on a NEXUS card.

You should be able to in theory, given that having the Nexus grants GE. But I carry my passport as well so its never been an issue for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter