*Truck and Towing thread........ask your questions here.*

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
I got to test the brakes on my new truck and TT for our July 4 trip when someone decided they needed to make an exit from the middle lane of the interstate by coming to a full stop and taking a right turn. Cars on either side of me.

Happy to say it was a successful test and everything looked ok after.
Your ability to post here is PROOF of a test A-OK, WeLovePluto.

There will always be those kind of folks out there.

Glad you made it to this Sunday (today) after 7/4 to tell us about it.

Bama Ed

Sjm9911

DIS Veteran
Thanks. I was planning on changing the front brakes and getting the coolant serviced.
Only other thing would be the battery depending on the age. And the rear shocks( did you have them changed yet?) I have the same truck but a gmc.

peg110

DIS Veteran
I got to test the brakes on my new truck and TT for our July 4 trip when someone decided they needed to make an exit from the middle lane of the interstate by coming to a full stop and taking a right turn. Cars on either side of me.

Happy to say it was a successful test and everything looked ok after.
I had a similar incident on my way home last Sunday from the Fort. I was in the Driving (left) lane and they were in the far Right lane (2 over from me) and decided at the last minute to cross all lanes and get of an exit (Rest Stop) and about near ran me off the road.

Sadly, I almost expected him to do what he did, so I was prepared, but it amazes me on what some people do when they drive.

• Gino USMC

Semper Fi
    Only other thing would be the battery depending on the age. And the rear shocks( did you have them changed yet?) I have the same truck but a gmc.
    Changing the brakes today. Havent changed the rear shocks yet. Battery doesn't look to old.

• tripleb

Mouseketeer
    Although we have had to curtail our glamping adventures for several months (minor health reasons), including canceling our September reservations at the Fort, we have upgraded our tow vehicle to accommodate our future adventures. "Upgraded" to a new Silverado 3500HD, SRW, LTZ, Duramax, 4WD, 8' bed. Had a Silverado 2500HD gasser. NIGHT and DAY difference in the towing experience and quite a bit better fuel economy. I realize the maintenance cost will be higher with the diesel but the towing experience is phenomenal.435252

Attachments

Last edited:

tiggerdad

I don't always get distracted but whe...SQUIRREL!
    Although we have had to curtail our glamping adventures for several months (minor health reasons), including canceling our September reservations at the Fort, we have upgraded our tow vehicle to accommodate our future adventures. "Upgraded" to a new Silverado 3500HD, SRW, LTZ, Duramax, 4WD, 8' bed. Had a Silverado 2500HD gasser. NIGHT and DAY difference in the towing experience and quite a bit better fuel economy. I realize the maintenance cost will be higher with the diesel but the towing experience is phenomenal.View attachment 435252
    The maintenance cost will be higher, but the experience pulling will make up for it. Your Jayco looks similar to mine, so likely the weight is close. My f250 diesel pulls it effortlessly so you should have similar experience.

• bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
    Although we have had to curtail our glamping adventures for several months (minor health reasons), including canceling our September reservations at the Fort, we have upgraded our tow vehicle to accommodate our future adventures. "Upgraded" to a new Silverado 3500HD, SRW, LTZ, Duramax, 4WD, 8' bed. Had a Silverado 2500HD gasser. NIGHT and DAY difference in the towing experience and quite a bit better fuel economy. I realize the maintenance cost will be higher with the diesel but the towing experience is phenomenal.View attachment 435252
    That's a good looking combo, tripleb.

I hope there are MANY miles and lot of adventures in your future with it.

Bama Ed

Sluf

Mouseketeer
    MDT/HDT question.

I'm currently trying to decide whether to buy an F650/F750 (probably F750), or to buy an F450. The 650/750 is about half the price of a 4WD crew cab long bed diesel F450, so I'm definitely leaning that direction. The obvious safety factor of the F650/F750 is also a consideration. I intend to put air ride suspension on the truck, so an F750 is a better choice since it will already have an on board compressor. It's not commercial, so no CDL, and Tennessee doesn't require anything special regarding licensing or registration.

My insurance company (Progressive) however, requires commercial insurance on an F650/F750, regardless of its use. Who do you guys carry your insurance thru, and do they require commercial insurance? Is there a "trick" to getting around paying for commercial insurance for a vehicle that is 100% not commercial? Thanks!

PaHunter

Photographer in need of training...
    MDT/HDT question.

I'm currently trying to decide whether to buy an F650/F750 (probably F750), or to buy an F450. The 650/750 is about half the price of a 4WD crew cab long bed diesel F450, so I'm definitely leaning that direction. The obvious safety factor of the F650/F750 is also a consideration. I intend to put air ride suspension on the truck, so an F750 is a better choice since it will already have an on board compressor. It's not commercial, so no CDL, and Tennessee doesn't require anything special regarding licensing or registration.

My insurance company (Progressive) however, requires commercial insurance on an F650/F750, regardless of its use. Who do you guys carry your insurance thru, and do they require commercial insurance? Is there a "trick" to getting around paying for commercial insurance for a vehicle that is 100% not commercial? Thanks!
    PM being sent.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates