Tron to use VQ at opening and introduce new locker system

Reports on GotG are pretty uniform now that the 1pm queue lasts a while. I would still recommend getting it right at 1 as it will run out at some point - but if you're not heading there at Christmas, you'll get in. For Tron expect the same thing but of course in the first couple of weeks it's going to go a lot faster. And remember with standby it's never guaranteed either - they did close the lines early for FoP when the standby lines were getting too great at closing for a while when it was new and at peak times. And lines were frequently cleared when rides broke down. The VAST majority of people who actually tried right at 7am reported no issues with getting a VQ. And everyone who tries at 1pm is getting them.

I never said that was its purpose. I just said I find it more equitable than a 4 hour stand by line for a new ride. For every person saying it more equitable to limit the ride to people who want to dedicate 4 hours on line, I'll find you a family with a child too small to ride who says that it's completely inequitable to tell parties that if you can't stand on line for 4 hours you don't get to ride. My point was which do you think looks worse - a virtual queue to manage the line even if it means some people don't get it but know that right up front and you don't have to wait in line for hours or showing lines that snake through the park and then people complaining that they waited 3 hours and the ride went down . . I expect Tron will not have nearly as many tech issues as at the end of the day it's a pretty standard roller coaster. But the fact remains that most people are very happy to not have to wait in line for 3-4 hours. And Tron would definitely be in that 3-4 hour range to start.
My answer to those who can't stand in 3-4 hour lines. Deal with it. Go to any other park and their top rides are always like that. Look at Hagrids, 8 hour wait on opening day.

IMO FP was the worst thing to happen to Disney. Now everyone expects short waits for everything.

My answer to those who can't stand in 3-4 hour lines. Deal with it. Go to any other park and their top rides are always like that. Look at Hagrids, 8 hour wait on opening day.

IMO FP was the worst thing to happen to Disney. Now everyone expects short waits for everything.
Well - my answer to those who don't like a virtual queue - deal with it . . . if you think that having a single VQ in the parks for the first year of a ride is the worst thing that has happened to Disney - perhaps your priorities are a bit misplaced . . .

And Hagrids has used a virtual queue at times by the way . . . and those 8 hour waits got a lot of bad press as did those 3-4 hour waits when the ride broke down and people couldn't ride after waiting all that time . . . exactly the reason virtual queues are smart.

Just to be clear, I prefer standby. My question to the other poster was about equity. It's more equitable to give everyone a chance at riding once versus having people riding multiple times.
But few people are actually willing to wait in a 2 hour standby twice in one day.

RNRC is 90 seconds long! I am told Tron is also not much more than 90 seconds long.

So few people want to wait 4 hours in line for 3minutes of ride time.

And if they do, then every other line in the park will be shorter, so it more than balances out. People can only be in 1 place at a time.

Everyone who last year waited in the 4-hour Figment popcorn bucket line did everyone else a favor because they were tied up that whole time. This is especially true while park reservations are still in place.

So really, allowing people to do standby is more fair, because everyone has access.

With BG, you can do EVERYTHING correct, but MDE glitches, you are out of luck. It is so frustrating!

And no, I never saw six hour wait times, not even in the aft. And we know that some of those posted 180 min. waits were exaggerated, to discourage people from getting in line.

Now, we have to put up with a lottery system, in which we have to compete with the "fast finger" crowd who practically live on their smartphones all day, every day. Sorry, but I have better things to do than play with an overrated tech toy.

And, judging from the many complaints I've read on these boards, I'm far from the only one who will move money elsewhere.
1. They were rare, but I did. When Frozen was new, the character greet quickly rose to 6hour wait at park opening. I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend 6 hours in ONE queue., but people did it. with small children no less. Where there's a will, there's a way. When Escape from Gingott's was new, it also had pretty long waits. Mostly though, standby attraction waits were rarely more than 2 hours, even for new attractions.

Mostly 2 hours = a tipping point. People tend to just skip an attraction rather than wait 2 hours. Currently, I do not think Rise is worth 2 hours, nor is it worth the ILL surcharge.

In the days of FP, there were also winners and losers. Being able to book FP was a big asset. When we could book that far out, we did. When we couldn't, we didn't go to WDW. IMO, FP+ damaged the idea of a last minute trip to WDW. Before that though, paper FP favored those who were able to do extra walking.

2. MDE is VERY frustrating it glitches, and the G+ system is way too complicated, for certain. Going to a theme park should not be so complicated. I did not feel that I had to spend all day on my phone to use G+ though. Still, there is something to be said for everyone using standby lines. A line that moves and has details to see along the way is not so bad.

3. Unfortunately, Universal has become more crowded and expensive than it was just a few years ago. We have cut back o both parks. On my next trip, I plan to shift back to visiting some natural parks. They are far more relaxing and less expensive. Plus, the animals are REAL and uncaged.

1. They were rare, but I did. When Frozen was new, the character greet quickly rose to 6hour wait at park opening. I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend 6 hours in ONE queue., but people did it. with small children no less. Where there's a will, there's a way. When Escape from Gingott's was new, it also had pretty long waits. Mostly though, standby attraction waits were rarely more than 2 hours, even for new attractions.

Mostly 2 hours = a tipping point. People tend to just skip an attraction rather than wait 2 hours. Currently, I do not think Rise is worth 2 hours, nor is it worth the ILL surcharge.

In the days of FP, there were also winners and losers. Being able to book FP was a big asset. When we could book that far out, we did. When we couldn't, we didn't go to WDW. IMO, FP+ damaged the idea of a last minute trip to WDW. Before that though, paper FP favored those who were able to do extra walking.

2. MDE is VERY frustrating it glitches, and the G+ system is way too complicated, for certain. Going to a theme park should not be so complicated. I did not feel that I had to spend all day on my phone to use G+ though. Still, there is something to be said for everyone using standby lines. A line that moves and has details to see along the way is not so bad.

3. Unfortunately, Universal has become more crowded and expensive than it was just a few years ago. We have cut back o both parks. On my next trip, I plan to shift back to visiting some natural parks. They are far more relaxing and less expensive. Plus, the animals are REAL and uncaged.
I remember riding the carousel and have a picture of the sisters line being high 400 mins. When they brought them over to magic kingdom. It was nuts. Completely nuts.

People will wait. That’s for sure. I love long stand by lines gets me in other stuff. Lol. At times it helps.

The virtual cue for guardians was a breeze to deal with in November cause of everyone here. We rode it 3 times in like 5 days. Heck we even got a second vc somehow late in afternoon by chance cause it looked like rain and it didn’t fill. Gotcto ride it after dinner that night at 9. I’ll take it. We hopped into Epcot. Got it. Walked over to flying fish. Had a killer dinner as always. Walked over to guardians and in the process walked off dinner. Rode. Went to bed. That night was awesome. And that was night 2 I think. Lol. Next day. Got group 8 while walking off bus for rope drop. No issues. Beyond easy.

I remember riding the carousel and have a picture of the sisters line being high 400 mins. When they brought them over to magic kingdom. It was nuts. Completely nuts.

People will wait. That’s for sure. I love long stand by lines gets me in other stuff. Lol. At times it helps.

The virtual cue for guardians was a breeze to deal with in November cause of everyone here. We rode it 3 times in like 5 days. Heck we even got a second vc somehow late in afternoon by chance cause it looked like rain and it didn’t fill. Gotcto ride it after dinner that night at 9. I’ll take it. We hopped into Epcot. Got it. Walked over to flying fish. Had a killer dinner as always. Walked over to guardians and in the process walked off dinner. Rode. Went to bed. That night was awesome. And that was night 2 I think. Lol. Next day. Got group 8 while walking off bus for rope drop. No issues. Beyond easy.
We were also able to ride GoG w/BG. Prior to that though, we had some very frustrating experiences in HS when Rise was new.

Mind, we've also had both great and not so great experiences trying to ride new attractions at Universal. Waiting two hours for a brand-new attraction is different from waiting for an attraction that has been around for 10+ years. Ride down time is never fun. Even with the VQ, we had a miserable wait for Rise. we've also had MDE totally flake out on us.

Each option has pros and cons.

The lottery is great if you win, not so great if you lose.

The size is going to be a issue. Your body needs to 'twist ' and bend to fit into motorcycle .
The back seats wait will be very long.
I wonder if Disney will have a LLI just for the back seats.

The size is going to be a issue. Your body needs to 'twist ' and bend to fit into motorcycle .
The back seats wait will be very long.
I wonder if Disney will have a LLI just for the back seats.
Doubtful. Those seats aren't meant for guests that don't fit.

I'd like to know how it'll be handled when there are multiple riders who "think" they'll fit on the regular seat of one train and then find out they can't. Do they direct them all back to the back to the load zone and wait x-amount of trains to be able to ride in the regular seat? What about the parties that already know they can't fit and were already waiting for that seat on a train? FoP is how old and there are still guests riding it for the first time who end up not fitting and the ride gets delayed with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter