Tron Lightcycle Run coming to MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space Mountain will get work. It will not get removed.

It's so incredibly needed. I'll be honest I'm in the group of people who think we need a pre-50th DL refurbishment of it. It's simply not aging well as an experience or as a roller coaster.

Since Chevy is sponsor of WDW, they couldn't use Honda
They don't need to stick a Honda badge on the hood of the cars in order to use newer engines. It isn't like they are currently using Chevy engines on these things.

I just read on rcdb.com that the Shanghai Tron has 2 cars with traditional seating. Makes me fell better, because I am afraid I mightn't be able to do the bike seating.

Based on the video of the Tron ride that I watched on YouTube, I'm very excited about this news....although I think it should have replaced the Speedway rather than be located next to it. Nice to know that the WDW Railroad doesn't need to change or be taken down for long during the process. I think we do know that the Speedway will go down for a bit so they can readjust the ride track, and hopefully retheme it too.

I'm falling into the group here that says, "Hallelujah" for the TRON coaster. I was so excited to hear them say it was coming to MK. Given my age, I'm more of a SW guy, but I do appreciate the original TRON; my kids, however, loved the new TRON movie. I think it's a perfect fit for Tomorrowland, if nothing more than the technology that went into the original film really WAS from the future (or seemed like it).

Given my looks at the DLS version, it will look airy during the day and fantastic at night - the perfect addition to SM. And yes, SM could use some TLC.

As for the speedway...eh. It's really an attraction that could go IMHO. Or be ridiculously updated with some type of automation.

After the announcement of the new Tron ride coming to MK, by the looks of the art, the Tron ride will be built at the site where Tomorrowland Seepway sits right now, I might be wrong but that's the impression I got.
TS is outdated and there is no fun or trill to ride those slow noisemakers and the fumes :hyper2: thanks God will be gone. Anyone else feeling the same?

After the announcement of the new Tron ride coming to MK, by the looks of the art, the Tron ride will be built at the site where Tomorrowland Speedway sits right now, I might be wrong but that's the impression I got.
TS is outdated and there is no fun or thrill to ride those slow noisemakers and the fumes :hyper2: thank God will be gone. Anyone else feeling the same?

Sorry Daniel

The Yesterland Gas Guzzlers are staying... at least for the moment. The Tron Coaster is being built behind it and the railroad will pass under it. I hope they get rid of the Guzzlers eventually though. Either that or retheme it with robots and tunnels.

Sorry Daniel

The Yesterland Gas Guzzlers are staying... at least for the moment. The Tron Coaster is being built behind it and the railroad will pass under it. I hope they get rid of the Guzzlers eventually though. Either that or retheme it with robots and tunnels.
And electric cars! at least they will stop the fumes I don't mind slow and boring but the fumes are nauseating I even try to avoid all around TS just for the terrible smell. Looking forward to see how the railroad will be handled

And electric cars! at least they will stop the fumes I don't mind slow and boring but the fumes are nauseating I even try to avoid all around TS just for the terrible smell. Looking forward to see how the railroad will be handled

Yeah, definitely, that would be awesome. Electric cars are hopefully in the cards for the Speedway. I think they use them in Tokyo Disneyland. The sound and smell of the current ride just doesn't say the future to anybody.

It would be cool if Tesla sponsored it too.

Tesla ain't going to happen as long as GM is sponsoring Test Track.
But maybe we could all be driving Chevy Bolts on the Speedway some day.

Yeah, that sounds pretty good. I'm more of a Chevy Venture guy, but I guess it would look kinda weird seeing mini mini vans on the track.

I wonder, with the Tron ride coming if Magic Kingdom will do some sort of Fastpass Tier program like in all the other parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!