• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Triple D's February Challenge - The Wait is Finally Over!!

Hey, gang! Hope everyone's having a great week so far.

As for the quote I posted, nope, Bryan, not Chariots of Fire. Good guess though. It's from Fight Club --ironically, DKP signed off from the mixer last night with a Fight Club quote.

Okay, well, let's try another one then: "Ducks are my favorite animals, except for dolphins. They can kill sharks just with their noses!"

Awesome. Which airline and what are your travel dates? I've looked a little bit and am torn between making it a long weekend or the beginning of something big.

Ronda

Ronda - We're booked on NWA for Jan 6 - 12th. It started out as a long weekend trip but then expanded it a few extra days since we'll be celebrating a birthday as well and I'm always looking for an excuse to be at WDW for as long as possible.

Should mention when I did a search for just one or two people I got the low $$ flight but when I added the 3rd person that flight disappeared. I never saw that happen before but glad I caught it because it did make a difference.

Hope you're able to find flights at a reasonable price.

Good Evening Triple D's!!!

Tomorrow Hakuna Matata will be hosting an Ice Cream Social. (that's an old fashioned term for mixer). We would love to hear from everyone about what their favorite recovery food is AND is that also your favorite WDW treat!!! Feel free to include any other interesting pieces of information in your answer especially the exact location in WDW where you get this marvelous food!!!

Hope to see you there!

Well, I got the results of my blood test - everything was A-OK, and I felt good, so I made it to the gym today for a 50 minute TM run. It was a really good run! The weather should be good enough for an outdoor run on Thursday, and I'm looking forward to it.

Sounds like everyone's doing great! I saw some pretty good airfare prices for our Marathon trip next year also, but I'm still not sure who is going to be coming so I don't feel like I can jump on them yet.

Hey, gang! Hope everyone's having a great week so far.

As for the quote I posted, nope, Bryan, not Chariots of Fire. Good guess though. It's from Fight Club --ironically, DKP signed off from the mixer last night with a Fight Club quote.

Okay, well, let's try another one then: "Ducks are my favorite animals, except for dolphins. They can kill sharks just with their noses!"

I must tuck my head in shame and say that I have never seen Fight Club. I guess that would be a good reason why I didn't know the quote. As for the new qoute, is it Ace Ventura?? (I am thinking that or the movie with ohhh what is his name? Uhhh? Errrr? Rob Schneider?

As for me, I didn't have any training time today because tonight was the annual banquet for my volunteer COP group that I am in. I knew I wasn't going to get any of the awards this year but I was wrong. I, with several members of the group, was able to get the President's Gold Volunteer Service Award. This is something that I have been wanting for the last couple of years and we were able to finally get it. I was shocked and extremely happy so I thought I would share with my family.

Hope everyone else is having a great week so far!!
Talk to you tomorrow!
Bryan:grouphug: :cheer2:

Ronda - We're booked on NWA for Jan 6 - 12th. It started out as a long weekend trip but then expanded it a few extra days since we'll be celebrating a birthday as well and I'm always looking for an excuse to be at WDW for as long as possible.

Should mention when I did a search for just one or two people I got the low $$ flight but when I added the 3rd person that flight disappeared. I never saw that happen before but glad I caught it because it did make a difference.

Hope you're able to find flights at a reasonable price.

What search engine were you using? I hadn't thought of booking our flights this early for Marathon Weekend, but if the fares are that good I will definitely check it out.

What search engine were you using? I hadn't thought of booking our flights this early for Marathon Weekend, but if the fares are that good I will definitely check it out.

I wasn't planning on booking this early either but couldn't pass up the price. Normally a decent flight is in the $200 - $250 range from KC to Orlando so when I saw this one I had to go for it. The lowest price I have gotten is $104 but that was right after 9/11.

I've always used Orbitz or the airlines website, which ever provides the best bargain and I love to find bargains! This time Orbitz was the big winner!

Oh I did just check and the same flight I bought on Monday for $158 is now $184. Not a huge increase but if you have a big group going it adds up quickly!

Happy hunting!

Thanks Lisa, I'll check it out.

Beautiful day here (unbelievable for this time of year), it's sunny and it's supposed to get to 70. Definitely an outside day.:goodvibes

Where are my Ducks? It has been awfully quiet around here for the last few days. I am guessing everyone has been really busy, which is a good thing. I just hope everyone is healthy and well.

I talked with Liz the other day and she let me know that she had just had a checkup with her doctor. The doctor is telling her no running for another 4-6 weeks. I do believe she is going a bit stir crazy and is ready to be able to be active again. Just trying to keep you all updated as much as I can.

As for me, I was hoping to go out to the track tonight and do a 5 mile run but literally got rained out. We have been having tornados all day and one got within 6 miles of my house. It did a good bit of damage around here. So I was going to go over to my parents house to use their treadmill but then I was asked to deliver an order for a customer tonight. Honestly, after fighting traffic for over 2 hours, I didn't really feel like exercising or running. So I decided to come home and get a good night's rest so I can go at it hard in the morning.

One more day before the end of the month. One more day to add to your totals. We are having a tremendous month and I am very excited to see what our totals will be for the first month.

Hope everyone is well!
Bryan:yay: :cheer2: :grouphug:

Quack, quack, quack. It has been quiet. I've been looking to replicate MrsPotts airfare with no success. I've always been partial to the Southwest non-stop to Orlando.

The C25K is going well. w4D2 and D3 went much better. I think I will repeat it a few more days. My schedule is going to suffer the coming week and I want to have a good base to start W5.

We are getting snow in KC. Probably the biggest snowfall of the year. That is not helping with my plans either ; )

I'll have miles and minutes later today. Hope everyone is starting out a great weekend!

Ronda

Miles and minutes for the past 2 weeks - been a bit lame with posting, sorry folks:

week of 2/21 = 31.3 miles running in 4:18 plus 1 hour of weight lifting.

week of 2/27 = 39.2 miles running in 5:29 plus 1 hour lifting and 7.5 miles biking - 23 minutes here. Can't remember if we are still counting double miles for races but, if so, my running miles would be 46.45 miles - ran the Ugly Mudder 7.25 trail race on the 22nd.

Great training all,

Mike "GG" B

Quack, quack, quack. It has been quiet. I've been looking to replicate MrsPotts airfare with no success. I've always been partial to the Southwest non-stop to Orlando.

Same here. We usually do the 3 hour drive to KC and travel Southwest because the fares are so good. We used to fly out of Wichita quite a bit because it's only a little over an hour from us, but the airfare out of Wichita has went up drastically the last couple of years.

It is only 11 degrees right now, so it will be the treadmill at the gym today.
We had some great weather a few days ago so I won't complain about this cold snap....at least not yet.

Have a great week everyone.

Ronda and Sharon cheer up its almost over. I keep telling myself Winter is almost over. This week I was able to run on the sidewalk in a long time.

Bryan just been so busy lately hopefully it will slow down.

Miles for 21-28

Running
52.5 miles
9.5 hours

biking
100 miles
9.45 hours

core training 2 hours

Have a great weekend and week have fun and be safe. Rich

Ronda and Sharon cheer up its almost over. I keep telling myself Winter is almost over. This week I was able to run on the sidewalk in a long time. Rich

You are so right....Winter is almost over and soon we will be complaining about the heat. :rotfl:

My hours/miles for this past week, ending Feb. 28, 2009:
580 minutes 23.5 miles combination running/cross training

Spring is coming. I'm hearing birds again. Our snow will be gone soon enough.

For the week that was 405 minutes, 26.8 miles.

Ronda

What a first month we have had!! I am in awe each and every week with all of the posts, miles and hours that you all put in. What a fantastic team we have!!

Ronda You are saying your snow is going away. We had snow for the first time in over 15 years last night and this morning. I believe they said we got 4-6 inches of snow which for us, is a blizzard. It should go away in a couple of days though.

Vic Knowing you are a big race fan, I was going to let you know about the latest race I have signed up for. It is called the Talladega Half. We will actually be doing the race on the grounds and the track. (According to one of the sponsors, it is supposed to be a very flat trek.) Plus, this race is to benefit guys. The charity is for Prostrate Cancer. Anyway, didn't know if you would be interested or not so thought I would share.

Rich No problem whatsoever. It has been very busy for me as well for the last several weeks at work. It has cut into my workout and training time. I love the business but wish there was a balance somewhere between all out all the time and sitting on my backside doing nothing. Either of those will make one feel very old really quick.

Team It is officially March and I am starting a new team thread in just a few minutes for the new month. Please continue to post your totals for February here until we get all caught up and make sure to come to the new thread.

As for me With work and not being able to get into the gym unless someone is there (my key is reactivated as of today! YEAH!!!), it really hindered me in getting the time in I would like to have but here are my totals.

Miles - 90
Hours - 8.5

Thanks everyone and I will see you on the March thread!!
Bryan:cheer2: :cheer2:

Hey, DDDs!

I've had a busy work week, but trying to keep up with y'all!!

My totals for this last week are:
0.8 miles swimming/ 0:55
30.4 miles bike/ 2:10
10.3 miles running/ 2:00
strength/PT 1:25

Totals: 41.5 miles/6:30 hours

The BEST news is that I did a tiny bit of regular swimming this past week. Can start to swim freestyle again (gently) and get ready for tri season! :banana:
Have another busy work week ahead, but will do my best to keep up a good routine.

Total miles/minutes on the February spreadsheet are here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=py8_U1Ts1fqAolT3qxzQfKA&hl=en

Will post it in the March thread, too.
Still waiting on a few to post their miles/minutes, but we have well over 2000 miles! Great job!

Hi Team! Just got back form a nice getaway. Went skking for three days, one day at Gore in NY, and two days at Stowe in VT. Also combined it with two nights of the Disco Biscuits, which seemed like a workout itself. So, for time and mileage, only rode on Monday, 25 miles in 1.5 hours. Also walked one evening, 3.5 miles in 1 hour.

And no mileage, but spent 2 hours shoveling snow on Tuesday. Not sure if that counts. Also never really kept track of the ski runs, but my legs are a little sore!

Well, Happy March, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter