Trip Report IMAGE INTENSE -- Southwest Splendors! Part 5

Hello SayHello
I am so happy that you attached a link to your trip report on one of your recent posts or I would have missed it. You did a fantastic job documenting everything. Now I want to do this trip.
Hehehe. I have succeeded in converting another to Southwest Splendor love! ;) It's really a fabulous trip; so glad you enjoyed the report!

(You inspired me to add a link to my signature!)

Thanks!
Sayhello

First thing is to congratulate you for the report and photography. Simply beautiful. As for the new of the Wall Arch falling a few days ago, by looking at your itinerary at Arches it is quite distant from where you were, it is along the Devils Garden route. I was there in june this year, I think for the sixth time, leading a group of 27 italians. That is because I am italian and always scheming to organize tour in the States, and the west is my favorite place. I had the good fortune of being at the Grand Canyon in february (many years ago) and at the time my photo equipment was poor, very poor, but for me beautiful and still treasured. After looking at your photo I am ashamed of mine, but keep them close to my heart. I will be publishing shortly a report on my tour on my website, but for the time being only in italian. I beg your pardon. We went from LA to Vegas, Skybridge, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Canyon de Chelly, Four Corners, Durango, Mesa Verde, Arches, Bryce, Zion, Death Valley, Yosemite, Monterey, San Francisco, then back home in 21 days.
I was the guide and we had a tour operator based in SF organize bus, driver and hotels, based on my personalized request.
For next year I am planning three different trips so could you give me details of the organizations you used for your trip??
Again my sincere and deep compliments for the report and beautiful photos
Ciao Carlo: goodvibes

First thing is to congratulate you for the report and photography. Simply beautiful. As for the new of the Wall Arch falling a few days ago, by looking at your itinerary at Arches it is quite distant from where you were, it is along the Devils Garden route. I was there in june this year, I think for the sixth time, leading a group of 27 italians. That is because I am italian and always scheming to organize tour in the States, and the west is my favorite place. I had the good fortune of being at the Grand Canyon in february (many years ago) and at the time my photo equipment was poor, very poor, but for me beautiful and still treasured. After looking at your photo I am ashamed of mine, but keep them close to my heart. I will be publishing shortly a report on my tour on my website, but for the time being only in italian. I beg your pardon. We went from LA to Vegas, Skybridge, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Canyon de Chelly, Four Corners, Durango, Mesa Verde, Arches, Bryce, Zion, Death Valley, Yosemite, Monterey, San Francisco, then back home in 21 days.
I was the guide and we had a tour operator based in SF organize bus, driver and hotels, based on my personalized request.
For next year I am planning three different trips so could you give me details of the organizations you used for your trip??
Again my sincere and deep compliments for the report and beautiful photos
Ciao Carlo: goodvibes
Carlo, thanks so much for the compliments! I really loved putting this report together & sharing my photos, so it always makes me feel good when people like them enough to comment. :thumbsup2

Wow! That's quite an itinerary you put together, and for 3 whole weeks! This tour was 8 day/7 nights, so we didnt get nearly as far as you did, but it was a great look at & experience of the American Southwest.

As far as the organizations used, everything was arranged for us by Adventures by Disney. I'm afraid unless the name is in one of the photos, I couldn't tell you who provided the services. It was all transparent to us. We just showed up, or the guides joined us on our bus. That's one of the beauties of this trip, Disney does all the work.

I don't know if anyone else might remember who the providers were, you might want to post a Thread & ask.

Sayhello

Sayhello, your pictures are beautiful! What type of camera do you have?
Thanks, goirish! I'm really extremely pleased with how they turned out. I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1. Fabulous little camera, Leica lens, 10x optical zoom (almost unheard of in such a small camera), 5MP, with a really clear 2.5" LCD screen. LOVE IT. Let me repeat. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Hi sayhello
What a wonderful TR and great pictures! Thank you so much!
We are contemplating this trip for our 15th anniversary in 2010 and would like to bring our DD( will be 7) and our DS (will be 11). Will my DD do well or is it too rugged for her? She's a bit of a tomboy so I'm hoping you say yes!
Can't wait for next year when the rates come out to book it.

Hi sayhello What a wonderful TR and great pictures! Thank you so much!
Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed!
We are contemplating this trip for our 15th anniversary in 2010 and would like to bring our DD( will be 7) and our DS (will be 11). Will my DD do well or is it too rugged for her? She's a bit of a tomboy so I'm hoping you say yes!
Boy, that's hard for me to comment on, as we didn't have any kids on our trip. We did have some older folks, and they all managed. I would think as long as your daughter is used to walking & hiking in some heat, she should do fine. The Guides are really great at tailoring things to the abilities of those who are there (one of the advantages of having 2 guides). You may want to post this question in cindy18's or tammydel's TR threads; they had kids in their groups, and can give you a more definitive answer.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1877012

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1919869

You will totally LOVE this trip! It's one of the best vacations I've ever taken, and I've taken some good ones!

Sayhello

mulan2,
We took the Southwest Splendors trip a few weeks ago. My dd6 was the youngest adventurer on the trip. (She was 3 weeks from turning 7). She is a princess, definitely not a tomboy. She did GREAT on the trip. She hiked to Delicate Arch without complaint. For white water rafting, she sat in the middle of the raft and instead of paddling she called "STROKE" for us. All the older kids were wonderful to her. She had a fabulous trip. I would not hesitate to bring your kids at their ages. My other children are dd19,ds11, and ds9. They all loved the trip and we are booked on Quest for the West for next year. Any other questions, just ask!
Jen

mulan2,
We took the Southwest Splendors trip a few weeks ago. My dd6 was the youngest adventurer on the trip. (She was 3 weeks from turning 7). She is a princess, definitely not a tomboy. She did GREAT on the trip. She hiked to Delicate Arch without complaint. For white water rafting, she sat in the middle of the raft and instead of paddling she called "STROKE" for us. All the older kids were wonderful to her. She had a fabulous trip. I would not hesitate to bring your kids at their ages. My other children are dd19,ds11, and ds9. They all loved the trip and we are booked on Quest for the West for next year. Any other questions, just ask!
Jen
This board is so great. :thumbsup2 I knew somebody would have a good answer for you, mulan2!

Sorry, Jen, I should have thought of you, too!

Sayhello

Thanks for the encouraging answers. We are so psyched to book this.
I better start saving since for a family of 4 I fell out of my seat when I figured out the total price!!!!!
LOL

Many thanks for taking the time to post this excellent trip report. All those pictures have rekindle a desire for my family to undertake a ABD tour. The scenery is simply stunning.

Rgds,

Stevie Kay

Many thanks for taking the time to post this excellent trip report. All those pictures have rekindle a desire for my family to undertake a ABD tour. The scenery is simply stunning.

Rgds,

Stevie Kay
You are very welcome! I'm so glad you enjoyed my trip report. :goodvibes I still consider Southwest Splendors to be one of the best vacations I have ever taken. Let me fan the flames of that vacation desire! ;) Go. GO! You won't regret it!!!! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!