Trip Report for Vero Beach

lovinthemouse

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a stay at Vero over spring break. It was nothing short of awesome. It was DH, DD9, and her friend also9 and myself. We had an ocean view inn room on the 4th floor. It was breathtaking. The beach was beautiful as was the pool. The girls were very happy to hop between the 2. While traveling the girls kept asking to go to WDW and once we got there it never came up again. The girls went to the UnBirthday party, both said it was a little young for them. They also went to the Disney Discovery night for kids and they loved that. We did the camp fire twice. It was alot of fun also. The only complaint I have is the cost of food at shutters and bleachers. But it happens. We did not let it ruin our vacation. This was our first DVC trip so it was very nice to receive 2 Welcome homes. Once at the gate and another at check in. We were going to WDW to stay at OKW in July, but DH begged to go back to Vero, so now we are going back in August. Now he owes me;) !!!

Thanks for the report!
We're counting the days 'til our first visit to Vero in June. It was nice to read good things about it. :sunny:

Thanks for the report and I'm glad you had a great trip. Could you please explain a little about the un birthday party? My son is five and that might be of interest to him. What does it entail? cost? how far in advance should I book? We love VB as well. It really adds to our value of DVC having an oceanfront resort like this to book directly.

johnny

You know - on these boards VB does not get the pub - but - it should! We spent 2 days there and just loved it! They do an awesome job with the activities for the kids there!

I really cannot wait until I can see HH as well. Living in ATL it is closer then WDW!

Not sure I could spend a week at VB - but - for a few days on the tail of a WDW trip it is awesome!

The unbirthday party is no charge and has to be booked when you get there. Actually the day of the activity. It fills up fast so go early. You go to Eb and Flo's at the pool and sign your child up. 5 is a good age. My dd9 said she was too old. Have Fun!!!

I am glad you enjoyed VB so much. We're waiting until '07 for a return trip there, went twice last year.

Bobbi :sunny:

You're trip sounded fun.

We're looking forward to our first trip in Nov. Four fortysomething adults...no kids (yeah!) We're there for 2 nights after 8 nights at WDW. Any must see or dos?

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at VB. We love it there. For anyone reading this post who is planning to go to Vero, may we suggest Capt. Hiram's for Dinner and Spirits. It is just up the highway and is a great place to hang out.

We are hoping to return to VB next year during the 3rd of March. That is a week before our normal Spring Break when we plan to be in WDW :sunny: (We are from Illinois and that week is the big week for breaks in our state) How far in advance did you get your reservations. We are planning to book at our home resort BWV 11 months out and hopefully switch to VB at the 7 month window?

Plau,

We're from Illinois too, we just got back from Vero (3/25 - 3/29). We booked at the seven month window, and got a one bedroom no problem. You should be able to just book down there. It's really a lovely resort. Enjoy :wave2:

ACDSNY: If they have the wine tasting, I recommend it! DH and I did it, not only educational, you get to keep the wine glass.

Thanks for the report! We can't wait to return to VB in August.

To ACDSNY, we are also fortysomethings without kids now (and yeah for us, too), and we love the resort. You might want to consider a side trip to Pelican Island while you're there. The huge white pelicans will have returned by then, and it's only a very short drive.

Disneylovers said:
Plau,
ACDSNY: If they have the wine tasting, I recommend it! DH and I did it, not only educational, you get to keep the wine glass.

I second that.. When I went they ordered wine for 15, but only 7 people showed up... :drinking1

We definately did a little more than tasting.. party:

The CM even let me take two bottles back to the room..

Plau said:
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at VB. We love it there. For anyone reading this post who is planning to go to Vero, may we suggest Capt. Hiram's for Dinner and Spirits. It is just up the highway and is a great place to hang out.

We are hoping to return to VB next year during the 3rd of March. That is a week before our normal Spring Break when we plan to be in WDW :sunny: (We are from Illinois and that week is the big week for breaks in our state) How far in advance did you get your reservations. We are planning to book at our home resort BWV 11 months out and hopefully switch to VB at the 7 month window?

is Capt Hirams theonly dinner up the highway (we have never been) and also what kind of food does it serve.
thanks

Plau said:

We booked at the 7 month window got what we wanted no problem. We also just booked a trip for August. We got the Inn Room Garden view this time. We wanted 2 bdrm, but oh well it will be fun anyway. :sunny:

Thanks for tips. We also booked ours at the 7 month window with no problems.

bom_noite said:
You know - on these boards VB does not get the pub - but - it should!

Sssssh! It's hard enough to book already. ;)

I just got home from Vero Beach a few hours ago. I spent four nights there. I don't know what else to say but, wow! If DVC is Disney's secret, VB is DVC's best kept secret. Shhhhhhh!!! I know, I know.

Ali and boyz said:
is Capt Hirams theonly dinner up the highway (we have never been) and also what kind of food does it serve.
thanks

Another very good seafood restaurant just beyond Capt. Hiram's on the right hand side of Rte. 1 is Squid Lips. My DW and I have grown to like it more than Capt Hiram's as far as the food goes. The "grouper fingers" appetizer is a must. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter