Trip report Day 3 ( 14/05/03 )

bubblefactory

DIS Veteran
DLP ~ Day 3 at The Disneyland Hotel

Well, day 3 and the weather is still overcast but a bit brighter. As we walked into the deserted hallway on the 4th floor, a tree started to move! Then these little red shorts poked out followed by a big nose ~ Pinocchio! He had seen us coming and hid from the girls. They thought it was hilarious! They played with him for 5 minutes or so while we waited for Al to arrive with the camera. This was one of the special CC moments we appreciated. He signed their autograph book then we continued to breakfast.

After breakfast we decided to stick with the Disneyland park and do the Studios tomorrow as we’ve been before and didn’t think much of it. The kids don’t like shows and there are only a few rides in there. We did the usual IASW, POTC, teacups, Casey Jnr., haunted mansion etc. The HM had about 8 of us in the room every time we went on, so no wait at all.

We made a PS at the concierge desk for Cendrillon ~ Cinderella’s. Now, this is Princess week, but don’t expect civilised queueing in Paris ~ you won’t get it! They were literally mobbed and if you had the cheek, you pushed to the front, but there wasn’t much point as you had to share your photo with everyone else. We had pre~warned the kids not to expect to see the Princesses as they were so popular. This is the one thing I hate about DLP. I’m sooo pleased we can see Mickey & Minnie etc easily at the hotel. Anyway, we arrived at Cendrillon for our PS and The Fairygodmother was stood there all alone. Thank goodness! The girls had their photo and a good chat with her (she was English!) and we we’re all happy. Think she was taking a breather from the crowds as she was being mobbed too!

We both chose the set menu again, we both had ‘vegetable soup’ which was delicious and Al had ‘Pan Fried Cod on a bed of spring greens’ with some kind of sauce, we can’t remember, but he cleared the plate, so it must have been good. I had the steak with garlic sea salt and chips ~ very nice. The girls both had the kids menu, 1 burger and 1 fish. Now the deserts were delicious. I had crème brulee (again!) and Alec had Cinderella’s slipper. This was amazing and I had to take a photo! Girls both had a sundae. The total with drinks was 84.90 Euros. A ‘1664’ beer was 5.50 Euros . Set menu 28 Euros and 10 Euros for kids.

Back out to the park to walk some more excess weight off! Yet more rides. There is a restaurant inside POTC called The Blue Lagoon, the setting is beautiful but the menu is fish based and I’m not a big fish fan, so we decide we may go there before we go home, but we’re not too bothered.

As the weather isn’t too bad today, we decide to do the parade which was at 4 o’clock. About 15 minutes before, I sat against a lamp post under the train station in the square and it was still quiet. It didn’t fill up until 5 minutes before and even then it wasn’t busy compared to WDW. It was the Princess parade, which we had more or less seen before, same floats as last year etc. but the kids like to watch. After the parade we go back and have a drink in the CC lounge. All soft drinks are free, but beer etc you have to pay for. We go back down to the park using the CC lift. This takes you right down to the turnstiles from the CC floors and can’t be accessed by anyone else. Your CC room card calls the lift down when you need it. Had we been staying elsewhere, it wouldn’t have been worth going back in the park for an hour, but the location of the Disneyland is second to none, we pop up and down as we please. We get in several more rides before going back to get ready for dinner.

We just throw on clean jeans and alk up to Annettes Diner at DV. The kids always want to have dinner here once during the stay as the staff are on roller~skates and every so often, they all jump up on the counter and dance to Grease Lightening and The Blues Brothers. Diners are encouraged to join in! Al had ‘Chili~fries and coleslaw’ I had the swiss cheese burger and the girls had a cheese toastie and fries. Kids meals are served on a frisbee which they can keep! 1 Brownie, cheese cake and 2 kids mini~brownies later, we’re done and the bill was 64 Euros with drinks. Quite a reasonable menu here and lots of choice.

Alec decides he can ride the bucking bronco much better than anyone else at this point and makes a total fool of himself trying to show us! The girls find it hilarious anyway while I just shrink away into the background pretending I don’t know him! He got told off for trying to hold onto the tail too ~ not allowed apparently :teeth: Lois then decides she wants to trampoline again, so that’s another 8 Euros down the Swanee. I’m shattered again now and need my bed ~ Goodnight all!

Paula

Link to photos ~ apologies they are not very good quality! http://community.webshots.com/user/disneypaulak

Oh what fantastic photos- your children are adorable!!!!

The goodies in the room look amazing - what was in the small burgendy box on the let of the picture - looks like a jewlry box!

Kirsty x

Hi Kirsty,

Looks can be deceptive ~ those 2 little girls can be quite a handful!

The box wasn't jewellery (unfortunately!) ~ they were handmade chocolates :D

~~~~~

Alec

I bet they can be a handful - still adorable though :-)

Ahhhhh, hand made choccies arent AS delightful as jewelry, but not far off I guess he he!

Hope you are havi a great day

Kirsty x

Yes I agree! Your daughters do look adorable :) !

Cendrillon's sounds very good ..... haven't eaten there. Tell us more about Cinderella’s slipper - what exactly do you get?

Another interesting and enjoyable report Paula :) Thank you!

Hi Shirley,

Yes I really enjoyed the A D Cendrillon, though i preferred sitting in the main part not the side room. ( we went again on day 5 Paula will reveal more shortly )

the slipper desert is a white chocolate slipper filled with a rich milk choc mousse. it is then surrounded by a rasberry coulis with white choc love hearts drawn in it.

it looks fantastic and tastes even better.

Alec
:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter