Trip Report: * Christmas with Mickey 2010 * "The Surreal Trip!" w/lots of pictures!

GIVE KIDS THE WORLD VILLAGE
One of the stops on our WDW itinerary is a place called Give Kids The World Village. If you listen to the DISUnplugged Podcast, you may have heard about this magical place. If you haven't, here's a little information ...

What is Give Kids The World?
Give Kids The World is a non-profit organization that exists only to fulfill the wishes of all children with life-threatening illnesses and their families from around the world to experience a memorable, joyful, cost-free visit to the Central Florida attractions, and to enjoy the magic of Give Kids The World Village for as long as there is a need.

100,000 children have had their dream come true at Give Kids The World. No child in need has ever been turned away – and no child ever will. Give Kids The World is a place where families find joy, laughter, serenity, and a lifetime of memories. Through the tireless support of volunteers, employees and generous partners, Give Kids The World dedicates each and every day to these special families.

For more information on Give Kids The World, please visit their website HERE.

Last year, we attended DISapalooza (seminars with Marty Sklar and Lee Cockerell and the Toy Story Mania Party at Disney's Hollywood Studios). During this great weekend, a fellow DISer organized a donation drive for Give Kids The World. Bill and I felt very rewarded by donating to this great cause. This year, we have included our children in the donation efforts.

:thumbsup2 I got approval from Will and Emily's School Director (they attend a Charter School) to let them do a donation drive at school where the items will go to Give Kids The World. While in Florida, we will bring the items to Give Kids The World Village. I know this will be a great learning experience for our children to give back to others in need.

Wish us luck on the donation drive! :wizard:

:tinker: Jennifer

Discount Coupons
While in Florida, we are heading off Walt Disney Property for a few days. Of all the times we have been to Florida, we have never done the "touristy" Florida things like visit an alligator farm or the Kennedy Space Center. This trip, we want to see some 'gators! I have been looking online for some coupons and thought I would pass along the savings to other fellow DISers.

Boggy Creek Airboat Rides coupon $1 off per adult HERE (This location is in Kissimmee. Not too far from WDW.)
Everglades Alligator Farm Airboat Rides coupon $2 off adult / 50 cents off child HERE (This place is too far south. It's near Miami!!!)

After doing more research, we decided on visiting the famous Gatorland near WDW. They don't have any online coupons. But, you do get a discount ordering the tickets online. Link HERE.

:tinker:Jennifer

Discount Coupons
While in Florida, we are heading off Walt Disney Property for a few days. Of all the times we have been to Florida, we have never done the "touristy" Florida things like visit an alligator farm or the Kennedy Space Center. This trip, we want to see some 'gators! I have been looking online for some coupons and thought I would pass along the savings to other fellow DISers.

Boggy Creek Airboat Rides coupon $1 off per adult HERE
Everglades Alligator Farm Airboat Rides coupon $2 off adult / 50 cents off child HERE

:tinker:Jennifer

Robby and I keep telling ourselves we will do something different one of these trips. Let me know how those airboat rides are. They look like so much fun!!!!

Just read your whole PTR!!! You're like my one stop shop for WDW Christmas information!! LOL

Fellow Texan here!! Family of 4 for now, but expecting member number 5 next June!!

I can learn so much from you! :worship:

We are still in the flying stage but I can see as flights go up and with that fifth family member how driving is gonna become the norm in our future!

Can't wait to count down the rest of the days with you! We're leaving in 24 days! :cool1:

Just read your whole PTR!!! You're like my one stop shop for WDW Christmas information!! LOL

Fellow Texan here!! Family of 4 for now, but expecting member number 5 next June!!

I can learn so much from you! :worship:

We are still in the flying stage but I can see as flights go up and with that fifth family member how driving is gonna become the norm in our future!

Can't wait to count down the rest of the days with you! We're leaving in 24 days! :cool1:

:wave2: Hi Fellow Texan!

party: Congratulations on the upcoming newest addition to your family. party:

:dance3: Our third child just transitioned into the family nicely. I am very excited for you! Once we had child #3, we started driving to Florida. We ran the numbers and it is more economical to drive (for us). However, now that the kids are getting older, we may start flying again next year. I know Bill (DH) will be relieved because he does most (Okay, ALL. :rolleyes:) of the driving to Florida. We flew just Bill, DS5 and I this past December to WDW without the other kids :-)ssst: Shhhh! Don't tell them that is where we went. :rotfl: ) It was so nice to be there in two and half hours. :cloud9:

:woohoo: Our countdown chain is getting shorter! If you don't have one, I highly recommend making one. It is a great project for the kids. Also, it is a great visual thing for DS5. Before the chain, I would get the question, "When are we going to Disney World?" Now, I can say, "Just look at the chain!" :rotfl2:

If you've never been at WDW around the holidays, this trip may ruin it for future trips. They really do a great job at decorating the resorts and parks. We've been at other times of year and there is nothing like WDW in November and December. You've picked a great time to visit! :thumbsup2

New Orleans, Louisiana
There is a portion of our roadtrip to Florida where if we go right it heads towards New Orleans and if we head left it goes to Mobile, AL (our usual route). We've always talked about visiting The French Quarter and have a snack at the famous Cafe' du Monde. BEIGNETS = YUMMY! Bill told me if we leave early enough on December 10th, we might be able to surprise the kids with a quick stop in New Orleans. Will (DS10) casually mentioned he'd like to visit New Orleans one day. :worship: So, I hope this stop works out.

party: Today, is our 14th Wedding Anniversary! party:

Fourteen years ago today, I was waking up a fiancee and went to sleep a married woman! Back then, Bill was a school teacher. So, we had to work our wedding and honeymoon around his school vacation. We went to the Bahamas for our honeymoon. I will never forget, we had Domino's pizza as our Thanksgiving meal in our hotel room. :rotfl: I never said we were "traditional" people! ;) It's the company that matters ... :love:
:love: I love you Bill! Thank you for fourteen amazing years of marriage. Many more magical years to come! :tinker:

:love: Jennifer

party: Today, is our 14th Wedding Anniversary! party:

Fourteen years ago today, I was waking up a fiancee and went to sleep a married woman! Back then, Bill was a school teacher. So, we had to work our wedding and honeymoon around his school vacation. We went to the Bahamas for our honeymoon. I will never forget, we had Domino's pizza as our Thanksgiving meal in our hotel room. :rotfl: I never said we were "traditional" people! ;) It's the company that matters ... :love:
:love: I love you Bill! Thank you for fourteen amazing years of marriage. Many more magical years to come! :tinker:

:love: Jennifer

Happy Anniversary to both of you. :thumbsup2

Happy Anniversary!!!! Hope there is many more years to come for you guys!!

New Orleans is a great place!!! Robby just got back from there. Him and his brother took a cruise that left from there. They didn't get to go to Cafe du Monde though. They said the line was wrapped around the building and went down the street!! I hope those beignets (sp??) are really good after waiting in line that long!! LOL

11 Days until we hear the sweet sound of "When You Wish Upon A Star" and our vacation officially begins! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:hug: Thank you for the Anniversary well wishes. Sorry so late to respond. I haven't been online that much lately. :confused3

:thumbsup2 I'm starting my "To Do List". I've had months and months to prepare for this trip. But, most things had to wait until this week and next week to do. So of course, now I am scrambling to get things done. So much to do, so little time ... :scared1:

TO DO LIST
Pack - The suitcases are out. But, there's not too much in them right now. A lot of clothing we are taking is clothes we wear in our every day lives. So, I will be doing lots of laundry before we leave too.
:thumbsup2 Pack Christmas decorations - We are taking a small pre-lit Disney Christmas tree, pre-lit garland, colored lights to hang on our balcony, snow flakes to put on the windows, Mickey, Minnie and Pluto holiday plush dolls we got last year at WDW. Even though we won't be at home for Christmas, I still want our room to feel like Christmas.
:thumbsup2 Christmas (Santa) Shopping - We've got all the Santa gifts. I wrapped them last week. I still have to get the stocking stuffers. We're going to do what we planned, pack the kids in the car and I or Bill will run back into the house to do one last check and leave the presents under the tree and fill the stockings. I can't wait to see the kids faces when we get home in THREE weeks! In addition to what we purchase at WDW, we have some presents from us already wrapped and ready to transport to WDW. I found some really cute Disney and Toy Story wrapping paper for the Christmas presents to be opened at WDW.
:thumbsup2 Pack WDW Items - MVMCP tickets, Cole's (DS5) Annual Pass, Print Give a Day, Get a Disney Day vouchers
:thumbsup2 Pack DCL Items - Baggage Tags and Passports
:thumbsup2 WDW Online Check-In - We've done this our past four trips to WDW. It does speed up the check-in process. After over nineteen hours in the car, any extra time gained is welcome!
:thumbsup2 Print stateroom door signs - I am doing that right now. I got sidetracked reading emails and browsing the DISboards. :rolleyes1 Bill got me some magnetic paper last night. I'll post some pics when I get them printed.
:thumbsup2 Print itinerary - I honestly know every aspect of the itinerary. However, it will be nice to have the confirmation numbers printed.
:thumbsup2 Print Cruise Documents - We did online registration. So, we just need to sign and bring the registration documents to Port Canaveral for a smooth check-in.
:thumbsup2 Buy new GPS - Bill came home last night with a new GPS. Even though we've made the trek to WDW so many times that Bill could make the drive with his eyes closed, if we decide to take some detours like New Orleans, Gatorland and even on WDW property, it will be nice to have a GPS in the SUV. One thing to note about the signs on WDW property, they don't always give you the "quickest" route to where you want to go. The signs are posted on how they want traffic to flow on property. ;)
:thumbsup2 Stop Mail - Go online and stop mail. Link HERE.
:thumbsup2 Sign-Up for Police Watch Program - I go online and inform our local PD that we will be on vacation. So when they do their patrols, they swing by our house to make sure all is well.
Clean the House (next Thursday) - I have to come home to a clean house. There's nothing like finally getting home after traveling to clean sheets on the bed and a clean house. Since we will be gone so long, I have to make sure the trash (even the barrels in the garage) is brought out to the curb for trash pick-up.
Clean the SUV (next Thursday) - It is nice to have a clean vehicle inside and out to start a trip.
Drop off Minnie (our DIScat) at the border (next Thursday) - We're going to be gone for a long time. I hope she doesn't think we've abandoned her. She is a stray cat that adopted us about this time last year. She is a very sweet cat and would come up to the children for attention. Most strays run if you get within a few feet. She was different and had obviously been someone's pet at one time. I posted signs around the neighborhood to see if she was anyone's pet. No one responded to the signs. So, I took her to the vet to get checked out. She was already fixed and had her front claws removed. So, I am now 100% sure she was someone's pet that just abandoned her. Even through her hardship, she is a sweet and very affectionate cat. I will be the first to admit, I am NOT a cat person. I am more of a dog person. But, she is the best cat for a dog person. I think she thinks she's a dog! :rotfl:
Get Money (next Thursday) - Change for tolls and cash for DCL tips.
:thumbsup2 Drop off/Pick-up Dry Cleaning (Friday or Monday) - We booked dinner at Palo one evening onboard The Wonder. It has a dress code. So, we want to wear some "nice" clothing. It's been awhile since I've worn my "fancy" dress. So, it needs to be dry cleaned to get the dust off. :lmao: Also, Bill and I are having a romantic Date Night at Yachtsman's one night.

:thumbsup2 Shopping List (When Bill gets home from work, I am going shopping alone tonight! :banana: )
Bonine (for the cruise)
Glowsticks (for Pirate Night on the cruise)
Snacks for the car ride
Drinks for the car ride
AA Batteries
Tights for Emily (DD8) for the cruise
Hair Gel
Axe
Deodorant
Body Wash (for the kids)
Laundry Detergent for WDW (We have a HE washer and dryer at home. So, I have to get different detergent for the wash in our DVC room. I plan to do a load of laundry at WDW before the cruise to wash our clothes from the roadtrip. I want to start fresh and new on the boat. I do NOT like the laundry facility onboard.)

I am very surprised how short my shopping list is. However, when we get off the cruise, we will stop at a grocery store to pick-up more items to keep in our room at WDW. We'll have a full kitchen in our DVC room. :woohoo:

I don't have everything checked just yet, some things have to wait until next week. But, I'm working on the list! :thumbsup2

Have I forgotten anything?????????

Oh, the dreaded "TO DO" and "To BUY" lists! Those keep me up all night...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!