Trip Report! ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic Part 6 - IMAGE INTENSIVE!

Another fine installment :thumbsup2 I loved all your pictures and yes am especially impressed with your moon shot - freehand no less.

Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes
Thanks, tk! :goodvibes I'm pretty chuffed about that moon shot!

Sayhello

Hey there sayhello,

Any idea how many installments total you'll have in your trip report? Jason and I have been checking religiously daily for the next installment because we want to read and learn as much from your experience with the ABD package before we leave for Barcelona on Sept. 6th for the trip! :thumbsup2

Hey there sayhello,

Any idea how many installments total you'll have in your trip report? Jason and I have been checking religiously daily for the next installment because we want to read and learn as much from your experience with the ABD package before we leave for Barcelona on Sept. 6th for the trip! :thumbsup2
I'm thinking 3 more. One for Corsica (which should be up in the next day or two!), one for Villefranche, and one for the last sea day/my post-day in Barcelona. There might be an additional one with some stuff from Israel, but that wasn't really part of the ABD/cruise. :)

OK, now you're motivating me to get the rest of this up in the next couple of weeks at the most, so it can be done well before you leave. Wow! Checking religiously????? :hug: :yay:

Sayhello

I'm thinking 3 more. One for Corsica (which should be up in the next day or two!), one for Villefranche, and one for the last sea day/my post-day in Barcelona. There might be an additional one with some stuff from Israel, but that wasn't really part of the ABD/cruise. :)

OK, now you're motivating me to get the rest of this up in the next couple of weeks at the most, so it can be done well before you leave. Wow! Checking religiously????? :hug: :yay:

Sayhello

wonderful news!!

Yes we've been checking daily for updates...and we re-read your posts and descriptions to get a sense of the trips.

We're also really curious about some of the additional goodies that you got as part of being ABD----someone said that they give pins or buttons? Is that correct? And I think that the ABD package includes photos-----exactly what photos did you get? All the onboard Shutters photos? I also heard that the adventure guides take digital pics throughout the vacation and you get those, too? is that correct? Jason and I are huge photo hogs----especially when they're photos that someone ELSE takes (we always travel as a couple so anytime we have the chance to have photos taken together we jump at it!)

wonderful news!!

Yes we've been checking daily for updates...and we re-read your posts and descriptions to get a sense of the trips.

We're also really curious about some of the additional goodies that you got as part of being ABD----someone said that they give pins or buttons? Is that correct? And I think that the ABD package includes photos-----exactly what photos did you get? All the onboard Shutters photos? I also heard that the adventure guides take digital pics throughout the vacation and you get those, too? is that correct? Jason and I are huge photo hogs----especially when they're photos that someone ELSE takes (we always travel as a couple so anytime we have the chance to have photos taken together we jump at it!)
Wow! :)

Yes, for all ABD trips, you get a pin per day, which reflects the "theme of the day". You can only get these pins actually *on* an ABD. You'll each get a set. I'll probably post a pic of them with the last day report...

As far as photos are concerned, you are correct about both sources. You get a CD with all of the Shutters photos taken throughout the cruise, so be sure and have a ton taken!!! :) You'll get that CD on the last day of the cruise. And then, yes, the Guides take tons of digital photos also (plus taking photos with your camera, too, if you want). You'll get a CD with all of the Guide's photos a couple of weeks after you get home. It's one of the things I really like about doing a Guided trip, is that there's someone built in to take pictures of me. Since I usually travel alone, I normally have to stop strangers & ask them to take a photo of me to prove I was there. With the Guides, that's not an issue. Same thing for pics of you and Jason. You should end up with tons of photos of the 2 of you together!

Beyond that, you'll get an ABD backpack on the cruise (most ABD's, they send them out 45 days or so before the trip, but for the ABD/DCL trip, for some reason they gave them to us on the cruise). There's also a duffle bag with some small welcome goodies in it that you'll get on your first day. And a case of water in your room.

You guys are so going to love this trip!

Sayhello

Wow! :)

Yes, for all ABD trips, you get a pin per day, which reflects the "theme of the day". You can only get these pins actually *on* an ABD. You'll each get a set. I'll probably post a pic of them with the last day report...

As far as photos are concerned, you are correct about both sources. You get a CD with all of the Shutters photos taken throughout the cruise, so be sure and have a ton taken!!! :) You'll get that CD on the last day of the cruise. And then, yes, the Guides take tons of digital photos also (plus taking photos with your camera, too, if you want). You'll get a CD with all of the Guide's photos a couple of weeks after you get home. It's one of the things I really like about doing a Guided trip, is that there's someone built in to take pictures of me. Since I usually travel alone, I normally have to stop strangers & ask them to take a photo of me to prove I was there. With the Guides, that's not an issue. Same thing for pics of you and Jason. You should end up with tons of photos of the 2 of you together!

Beyond that, you'll get an ABD backpack on the cruise (most ABD's, they send them out 45 days or so before the trip, but for the ABD/DCL trip, for some reason they gave them to us on the cruise. There's also a duffle bag with some small welcome goodies in it that you'll get on your first day. And a case of water in your room.

You guys are so going to love this trip!

Sayhello

oh fabulous! Well we aren't pin people....but sometimes turn pins we like into magnets for our magnetic walls....so that might be another fun way to remember this trip!

Sayhello, you are a very entertaining story teller, both with words and pictures. I have been enjoying your whole trip report. We are on the 8/28 Med cruise and there have not been that many reports about the Med cruises. Your report is so informative as to what are the "must-sees" and what we have to look forward to on the trip. Can't wait for Corsica, Karyn

Sayhello, you are a very entertaining story teller, both with words and pictures. I have been enjoying your whole trip report. We are on the 8/28 Med cruise and there have not been that many reports about the Med cruises. Your report is so informative as to what are the "must-sees" and what we have to look forward to on the trip. Can't wait for Corsica, Karyn
Thank you so much, Karyn! I love doing these reports, and hearing folks like you say how much they like them is really encouraging for me (and certainly adds to my swelled head! :rotfl:) I'm hoping to have Corsica up tonight!

Sayhello

We've also been waiting with bated breath for part 7 and more...! we are also checking "religiously" !!! Exciting to read that part 7 will be out soon!! Can't wait to read more!!!

Trisha

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter