Trick O Treating at the Fort.

snowmedic

1500 MIles From the Fort.
So, last month it looked like we had to cancel our Oct. trip, which we did, due to all the rain that we have been getting which has caused some serious delays in work. But it looks like work is getting caught back up and will actually be able to go to the Fort for Halloween. Booked reservations this morning for Oct. 27 - Nov. 3.

Now on to the TOT question. As some ( ok, a lot of you know ) we do go to the Fort twice a year for a few weeks, but have never been during Halloween. It will be myself, DW, and DD10. I was wanting to stay at the campsite and pass out candy, but DW and DD10 want to go TOT. My question is : has anyone that has done TOT just left any candy in a bowl, or in the Fort's case a big tote with a sign requesting to please only take x amount? I was planning on doing this and just wanted to get some feed back.
TIA Snowmedic.

Well first off, Congratulations on the rebooking !! Glad the weather has cooperated and things came together. I recall someone last year stating they have left some out with a sign, but don't remember whom. Of course there is always the chance for the sign to blow off the table, end up with a happy kid or two and 600 disappointed kids after said two got away with their stash.....
Sounds like a good plan.

Of course there is always the chance for the sign to blow off the table

Thanks Chris, I had taken that into consideration and planned on buying a sign holder and have the DW make up a sign on her Cricut then laminate it. Something to the effect of : Please be courteous of others and take only x amount. Still, I think there would also be a few happy kids that would still get carried away.

Hey man, congratulations!

I can see it now...
tumblr_mbpkh8dkbe1ry10fwo1_500.gif

Locally, we have some people who do this. It seems that most will only take an appropriate amount. I would think you might be surprised and get the same thing at the Fort as well. Sure there will still be a few who will take a bit extra but I don't think they will go to crazy with it.

Good Luck and Enjoy.

So, last month it looked like we had to cancel our Oct. trip, which we did, due to all the rain that we have been getting which has caused some serious delays in work. But it looks like work is getting caught back up and will actually be able to go to the Fort for Halloween. Booked reservations this morning for Oct. 27 - Nov. 3.

Now on to the TOT question. As some ( ok, a lot of you know ) we do go to the Fort twice a year for a few weeks, but have never been during Halloween. It will be myself, DW, and DD10. I was wanting to stay at the campsite and pass out candy, but DW and DD10 want to go TOT. My question is : has anyone that has done TOT just left any candy in a bowl, or in the Fort's case a big tote with a sign requesting to please only take x amount? I was planning on doing this and just wanted to get some feed back.
TIA Snowmedic.

I'm surprised you could book those dates at this point...I thought Halloween was one of those "not gonna happen easily at this point" type of Fort ressies

I'm suprised you could book those dates at this point

So was I. I didn't even look at the web site, I just called around 11:30 a.m. yesterday morning, talked to a nice CM, told her my dates and next thing I know I was giving her my CC number, 30 minutes later I had e-mail conformation. Then I was surprised again when I got off the phone with her and called the bike barn and was able to rent a golf cart for the same dates.

So was I. I didn't even look at the web site, I just called around 11:30 a.m. yesterday morning, talked to a nice CM, told her my dates and next thing I know I was giving her my CC number, 30 minutes later I had e-mail conformation. Then I was surprised again when I got off the phone with her and called the bike barn and was able to rent a golf cart for the same dates.

Dude,

I bet you said, "This is Vince from the DIS".

51.png

She said, "Oh yes sir, we are holding your site. Would you like it now?"

fistpumpbaby_400x400.jpg

:disrocks:

Bama Ed

We've done this since 2009 - we put a sign with Roz on it above the candy saying "I'm always watching!" and we don't put all the candy out at first. We will swing back by about halfway through and put the rest out. Trick or Treating at the Fort is so awesome!

Now THAT is a good idea.

Get one of those "Cameras" and put it above the bowl. Doesn't even need to be real. Just that "Perception" is enough for most. :)

Well, we are officially at the 99 day mark. :dogdance::dogdance: Starting to get money put away on one of our debit cards to pay for the golf cart and and our MB charges. I believe when we where there in March our purchesses totaled around 350, not bad for 2 weeks. Don't have to much to plan for, we still have our AP for the other theme parks.

Can't wait until Walley Weird and Lowe's gets there Halloween decorations put out. That should happen here in another month or so.

Well, we are officially at the 99 day mark. :dogdance::dogdance: Starting to get money put away on one of our debit cards to pay for the golf cart and and our MB charges. I believe when we where there in March our purchesses totaled around 350, not bad for 2 weeks. Don't have to much to plan for, we still have our AP for the other theme parks.

Can't wait until Walley Weird and Lowe's gets there Halloween decorations put out. That should happen here in another month or so.

Yea !! The halloween decorations should be out the first of August, we want to decorate just a bit on our site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter